Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2018, 04:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Nope, no missed dialogue about it.
Thanks!
Old 05-09-2018, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Taryn, are you the one who posts on another board besides FF for the show? I forget.

I really wish I could type out all my thoughts on this amazing episode, but after barely getting any sleep, I’m so tired.
ICON
Old 05-09-2018, 05:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Taryn, are you the one who posts on another board besides FF for the show? I forget.
I read it. Don't post a whole lot, maybe once per episode. Maybe. Usually not even that.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Some more thoughts:

-that big scar on Diyoza's neck...interesting or no?
-there are four Eligius ships...these guys are from Eligius IV. Wheeeeere are the others.
-one of their ships engines was destroyed
-Hethelodium is like, not real, right? I don't remember that from chemistry class
-McCreary's big blue blasting gun (wow did that sound entirely inappropriate) was really cool, what did it emit exactly?
-who the hell lit all those candles in the church? How have those candles lasted six years? How big of a candle supply does the Shallow Valley have?
-why did McCreary put on a hat to start punching Clarke? Is that his special punching hat? Does he put the hat on and say "today's a punching day, hey"?
-I like how Diyoza has a crappy ponytail that looks messy and stringy all the time - this speaks to me on a personal level
-does anyone else kind of want Clarke and Diyoza to be BFFs?
-does anyone else find Diyoza's voice oddly soothing?
-What's Order 11? Nobody knows, but I WANNA KNOW.
-"can't be allowed to weaponize the cargo" is still a mystery to me. The captain said not to let Eligius get back to earth. What the bloody heck was going on.
-seriously, those sleeping people were some kind of super-creatures, eh
-sorry if this is dumb - at first they said there were 299 cryo-sleeple left. Then later on they were saying 283 or something? Huh
-my first experience with cryosleep was that movie Forever Young (was that cryosleep?) and later on, Pitch Black. Howcome nobody's hair grows in cryosleep?
-the movie Forever Young will destroy your soul

When I write my random-thought posts, I sound like someone who skipped school when they were younger.

Just more musings

-Zeke has a sexy background theme of his own, it's got cool guitars for a cool guy

-Clarke mentions their "summer hunting grounds" isn't it weird how she's been on Earth long enough now to have experienced multiple summers?
-where do they get the batteries for these radios? Are they rechargable lithium batteries?
-"which time" is my next tattoo, getting that on my forehead for all to see
-I thought for sure Charmaine and co. would hear or see the Spacekru zooming in? Guess they were more interested in Clarke being zapped silly
-I liked when Bellamy's face broke when mentioning leaving Clarke behind to Raven, and saying "I'm not doing that again". Which tells us how important Raven is to him, too.
-soooo maybe someone takes their dropship to scoot back up into space to grab Murphy and Raven? idk. Halp.
-let's just think about Emori and Bellamy's smiles after they landed safely
-did anyone else, for a second, think that Bellamy and co. might get stuck in a Clarke Trap?
-Madi's instant trust in Bellamy makes me want to drink coffee while staring at an ocean
-I hope Clarke puts that shock collar on McCreary's manhood
-Clarke dropped her head in relief once when she saw Bellamy, and once when Madi backed off to safety. Poor Clarke FINALLY HAS HELP AGAIN.

Toni's recap was fantastic this week, I lol'd for real a few times in the hair salon.

Last edited by Damocles; 05-09-2018 at 06:30 PM
Old 05-09-2018, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can’t say I’ve given Diyoza (are we supposed to call her that or Charmaine?) that much thought yet, Lisa.
ICON
Old 05-09-2018, 06:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Here are my random thoughts post rewatch:

Charmaine has a crazy neck scar, what's that about!?

Echo's weapon of choice is still a sword, cool!

That alarm was really annoying

Them listening to the prisoners hunting Clarke was so well done.

TBH, Charmaine is actually being more reasonable than Clarke. She seemed at least willing to not do any murder if Clarke would talk, but Clarke just went straight for the murder when she had the chance at the beginning.

On the captain's log, Charmaine says something like "You made the right choice, I won't forget" I think to Zeke. So maybe he's not as much as a squeaky clean good guy as he seems.

"Murder, murder, murder, arson resulting in murder, armed robbery resulting in murder" Okay, chill Bellamy, we all know you've done loads of murder

What is the cargo that the captain was so worried about being weaponized!? Is it this weird hethel-whatever stuff? Is the hethel-whatever stuff the same as vibranium? Does it just create giant explosions? Is it safe to assume that it will, in fact, be weaponized and create a giant explosion at some point this season?

In the fight, Raven goes for the eyes- I like it!

I really appreciated the space think tank weighing the pros and cons of mass murder. Seriously, A+ for teamwork everyone

Charmaine is so cool, I love her

Raven looks so sad when she's telling Bellamy that someone has to stay

Sooo, Monty pretty much immediately volunteered to stay in Raven's place. Normally, I would go on and on about heroic Monty is, but after the premiere I kind of suspect that he still doesn't really want to return to the ground. Which is heartbreaking that he'd rather stay in space by himself than go back

Murphy said 'See you on the other side' and now I am concerned that he will die, am I crazy?

I love how Madi just grabs Bellamy's hand is basically like "Bye, I don't care about any of you other losers."

Harper and Emori are friends! Bellamy and Emori are friends! Echo misses Murphy's stupid little jokes! Echo won't celebrate until Murphy and Raven make it to the ground! Everyone is friends and it's so heartwarming!
Old 05-09-2018, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

Watching as we speak!

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 05-09-2018, 08:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Maybe it's just me, but I think the "cargo" to potentially be "weaponized" is the prisoners. That one dude that woke up (was he called Kodiak or did that refer to something else??) had almost superhuman strength.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That’s an interesting thought. I could see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashimi (View Post)
Watching as we speak!
Enjoy! It’s AWESOME!
ICON
Old 05-09-2018, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

I'm half way through...it so is, April!!!

Icon | Hannah
Visit A&M
Old 05-09-2018, 08:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

I never thought the day would come where I liked Bellamy and disliked Clarke... (Still trying to figure out why I don't like her anymore)
Old 05-09-2018, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
outside of the bellarke stuff, what's everyone's favorite scene from 5x03?
murven!

What about that?
Old 05-10-2018, 01:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
-"can't be allowed to weaponize the cargo" is still a mystery to me.
Lisa, I assumed it referred to the sleeping Hulks?

I really enjoyed reading your random thoughts on this

Quote:
"Murder, murder, murder, arson resulting in murder, armed robbery resulting in murder"
Marie, I was actually laughing out loud in that scene
Bob's delivery was so deadpan, for some reason that was comedy gold to me

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 05-10-2018, 01:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh yeah I forgot to mention how awesome Emori was in this episode. I love that she's so teck savvy now and has become Raven's right hand man in a way.
My favourite scene was when Emori safely landed the pod into Earth and her face was all lit up and amazed at herself. Go Emori! So proud of her.

Wow Lisa, your extra thoughts are interesting. You're so good to catch a lot of that other stuff from the episode. Too much went on in this episode.
I can't remember all the new character names. I take it Diyoza and Charmaine are the same person? The leader from the prisoner ship?
You made me think about those other remaining Eligius ships. It makes me a little scared of what might become of them.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Oh I know that Clarke had shown Madi drawings of Bellamy (and all of them) I was just wondering if I missed a line where Madi specifically said she recognized Bellamy from the drawings. (Mostly because people on "the other board" are calling BS that she recognized him in the dark and from six years younger, blah blah blah. ) I just figured Madi's not stupid, she's perfectly capable of putting two and two together and figuring out who this new group is, and that the one stepping forward as the leader is the guy Clarke's been talking to/about for six freaking years.
Yup, there was speculation that she'd know him from Clarke's drawings and had probably observed that he was the one who stepped up as leader and quickly put it together. I did think that it was a tad fast for her to have recognised him in the dark there since he has the beard and all now.

Quote:
Bob's delivery was so deadpan, for some reason that was comedy gold to me
Same, the way he delivered it was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I thought this thread had rules about not bashing ships? How would you like it if somebody said "Best part of this episode? Knowing that Bellarke aren't a couple because they're not."
I wouldn't regard this as bashing though, we don't have to always speak positively about all ships all the time in here. As long as there's no bashing of the characters and calling them names etc. Having said that, a note to everyone here to respect that you might not like a ship which others do, so please be mindful of that and keep it civil. Thanks.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit