Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
Yes but, like I was (sort of) saying above, in the context of this show I think they often swap 'heart' with acting on impulse, acting without conscious...although you could argue she's using her heart there, since it's all about Madi.

Anyway I think the 'head and the heart' is a very basic way of putting something more complex than that into words, and it IS something for shippers (myself included) to hang onto, but even from a non-shipping perspective and just a friendship perspective, it's still important to Bellamy and Clarke's relationship. Whatever they intend to happen down the road.

(I do hope they don't actually say the words 'head and heart' again, I think a couple of times was enough).
Well, like I said, "heart" is the wrong metaphor for that. It should be gut. That's the organ that people use as a metaphor for acting on impulse. Heart is used for like... positive, loving things.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Agree to disagree. I think the Head and the Heart has always been a really great metaphor for how Bellamy and Clarke have navigated difficult decisions.

As for your comment about it being "wedged in for shippers", I don't think it's necessary to look down on those viewers.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I’m over the not so subtle shading of shippers just because of the Head and Heart phrase to be honest. You don’t agree with the usage of it, it’s fine, other people might see it differently. Personally, I feel like both Bellamy and Clarke display a combination of Head/Heart at different times in the show, and that comes into play this season too ... but I definitely still see a role reversal compared to the previous four seasons. And that in large part is due to how the last 6 years has been for them. Bellamy has lead a group of people for years whilst Clarke only had Madi during that time. It’s bound to alter their allegiance and loyalty drastically, and correspondingly their behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 (View Post)

Vinson is so creepy

He is. Why do I get the feeling that he has a soft spot for Abby though and might try to break her out of McCreary’s clutches (based on that final scene)?

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-11-2018, 05:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh Sarah, I absolutely love Vinson! He's my favorite kind of "bad guy", highly intelligent with a hint of seething evil beneath the surface.

I agree with you about him having a soft spot for Abby. Although, with serial killers like him that usually doesn't end well for the object of affection...
Old 07-11-2018, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJoyful (View Post)
Oh Sarah, I absolutely love Vinson! He's my favorite kind of "bad guy", highly intelligent with a hint of seething evil beneath the surface.

I agree with you about him having a soft spot for Abby. Although, with serial killers like him that usually doesn't end well for the object of affection...
There’s a ... Hannibal Lector like quality to him, shall I say? I mean, I wouldn’t want to be friends with him in real life but yeah, he’s intriguing and seems highly intelligent, at least compared to the other criminals.

Yup, hope that she’s not his next meal or anything. Though I’m trying to recall what Shaw said about him in the previous episodes: he said that he cut off the hands and legs of his victims ... no mention of eating them, right? Imagine if he was a cannibal and then the cannibalism theory is revealed to be real (in the Dark Year). That would be interesting.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 07-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Vinson even though he doesn't say much. The actor is really a great character actor. He makes us feel a lot even though we don't know much about his character.

Logan's live chat cheered me up. He's a gem.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 07-11-2018, 05:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
Yup, hope that she’s not his next meal or anything.

Imagine if he was a cannibal and then the cannibalism theory is revealed to be real (in the Dark Year). That would be interesting.
ABBY: You don't want to mess with me, Vinson. I've eaten people before.

VINSON: (eyes light up)

Old 07-11-2018, 05:53 PM
Total Fan

I could see Death-by-Vinson being McCreary's eventual fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJoyful (View Post)
As for your comment about it being "wedged in for shippers", I don't think it's necessary to look down on those viewers.
It's NOT about the shippers. It's about the writers.

Everybody was "subltly shading" me for being too dumb to like the head and heart metaphor, so whatever.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
ABBY: You don't want to mess with me, Vinson. I've eaten people before.

VINSON: (eyes light up)

Oh man...he'd get heart eyes for sure!
Old 07-11-2018, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, I don’t recall anyone calling anyone else dumb here.

Oh, yes, Vinson! That actor is just so incredibly well-suited for the role. I can’t believe he’s Abby’s closest ally right now. I do worry that this won’t end well for her. Like you said, Tara, it usually doesn’t end well for the person the serial killer fixates on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
Logan's live chat cheered me up. He's a gem.
You were there, Amelia? Were you in the chat or just watching?

He’s got a great energy about him. I just think he’s great.
ICON
Old 07-11-2018, 06:13 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Hmm, I don’t recall anyone calling anyone else dumb here.
It was subtle shading. When multiple people respond to my thoughts with comments like "I think it makes perfect sense" and "It’s straight forward to me, too, Kate. Well-said," (that was you), and "Yup, seems like an easy enough concept to get," (that was the mod who told me I was subtly shading shippers) and others saying it's "obvious," then the implication you're all passive-aggressively trying to make is that a person who doesn't get an obvious, easy, straight-forward concept is dumb and incorrect.

Last edited by Fuzzy Dunlop; 07-11-2018 at 06:18 PM
Old 07-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I could see Death-by-Vinson being McCreary's eventual fate.

It's NOT about the shippers. It's about the writers.

Everybody was "subltly shading" me for being too dumb to like the head and heart metaphor, so whatever.
I could see that too.

Really? Then why does all your posts seem to indicate that it’s to pander to fans so it’s clearly the fault of shippers for influencing the writing in that direction? Maybe leave that out of your post if you don’t want us to assume that.

People have a right to disagree, especially when you keep harping on that point in the thread. But I’m sure that you’ll find a way to make it sound like we are all ganging up on you. Oops, you just did that. As Paulina pointed out, you have a years long history of always shading shippers and blaming stuff on them in the episode threads and then getting annoyed when people call you out on it and it’s frankly getting very tiresome.

Also, I feel like maybe Vincent is Diyoza’s secret weapon in case things go south for her people. Like she will unleash him then, and all hell will break loose. Also, I know that she is trying to cure all her people but she seems to take special care in making sure that McCreary does not find out that Abby is healing Vincent.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 07-11-2018 at 06:27 PM
Old 07-11-2018, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What is the name of the actor who plays Vinson? Does anyone know?
ICON
Old 07-11-2018, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

It’s Mike Dupod, according to IMDB. I swear that he looks familiar but I don’t think that I’ve seen him in anything so far.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 07-11-2018, 06:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sarah, from what I've heard he's had guest spots in alot of different scifi shows so that's probably where you recognize him from.