Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2020, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m sorry, Sara, sometimes ignorance is bliss. But since you’re a Bob fan, you deserve to know why so many people are utterly disheartened by what’s going on.

At this point, Jason could marry Bellarke, give them a full on XXX sex scene, and let them pop out a couple of kids and I still wouldn’t watch anything he’s associated with ever again. What he did to Ricky was awful, but I wanted to hope that he had learned from that and would never do it again. But now here we are.
ICON
Old 05-20-2020, 01:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow. I had never seen that before. That is just despicable.

I remember seeing some stuff on YT where Bob mentioned always being a pain, asking questions about dialogue and scenes. I am sure he and Jason haven't always seen eye-to-eye. But, I am reeaally hoping that Bellamy's absence on the poster is plot driven and not some petty personal BS. I will admit that I got a weird feeling when Jason posted about leaving set with Eliza for the last time. Just Eliza. In the few interviews that I've seen, JR has very little to say about Bellamy. Again, I hope that is plot related. If he thinks sidelining Bellamy is going to bode well for longtime fans tuning into his prequel, he's delusional.

The sad part is that this show had potential to be great from start to finish. Why Jason thought it would be a good idea to engage in shenanigans with opposing fanbases, pandering and gaslighting at the same time, is beyond me. And his post season interviews are always the worst.

I'm hanging in there because I do love a lot of these characters. Here's hoping tonight's episode is terrific. Doing a final s6 rewatch right now, as suggested to prep for this season. Taking a wait and see attitude and just going to try to enjoy the ride.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Beliza tweeted and Bob straight up used the word bait in his tweet. He’s been warning us for months. Now those who didn’t listen or want to see, finally got the message. I thank him for his continued honesty. It’s clear that he and Eliza saw the hashtag. They’re also the only cast to thank fans.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Something smells fishy in the water alright

Old 05-20-2020, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thank Bob for his honesty too, at least someone is and now, we know exactly what to expect.

He never learned his lesson from the Ricky incident and it’s absolutely appalling that he can pull crap like that and get away with it repeatedly. I will always mourn the possibilities of having Aaron as showrunner instead of him.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-20-2020, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Probably going to regret even posting this

Old 05-20-2020, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There's also this one

I hope that's the truth and Bob really did ask for time off/it was his decision. That said, they couldn't squeeze out a countdown photo on one of the days he was there? I guess not?

Old 05-20-2020, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope that it was Bob’s decision but I’m not sure if I buy that completely ... it really doesn’t explain his erasure from promo stuff.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-20-2020, 06:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Also saw that! Glad we have an explanation. He is also talking about Bellamy's importance... that even due is not present, they made him one of the central stories.

"Was Bellamy's capture and his resulting absence a story decision or a logistics decision?
Rothenberg: Bob chose to take some time off this season, and I think, speaking for him, that he was grateful that the studio was able to work out — and that the writers obviously were able to work out — a storyline in a way that enabled him to do that. We had time, because of when it happened, to sort of craft a story that was still filled with surprises and suddenly he became the thing that everybody was trying to find and looking for. It was largely due to the fact that he wanted to take a break."

Old 05-20-2020, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think that I might be okay with Bellamy’s absence a bit more if it was Bob’s decision and I certainly hope that Jason is telling the truth there and not trying to cover it up because fans are upset over this. The truth will come out anyway, if that’s the case. It always does.

And that it’ll be focused on appropriately during the season and characters don’t just forget that he’s missing.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-20-2020, 07:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just from those interviews, I firmly believe that JR knew he was gonna get a ton of flack. And I don't think a good portion of the fans believe him.

Do I believe that Bob Morley asked for time off? Maybe. My question would be why? He seems very happy in his new marriage to Eliza. Uses exercise and other healthy things to deal with the depression and daily struggles. Working hard at his craft has always seemed to be something he enjoyed. I guess I'm just wondering if something specific happened at work to make him not want to be there for a while. And this would have had to happen in the beginning of shooting last summer (August?). Hmm. It must be my analytical Virgo nature trying to take it apart.

After seeing Bob's tweet, I have to admit that I went into watching the premiere with very little enthusiasm. It certainly seems like he was letting the Bellarke fans know that it wasn't happening or at least they aren't endgame. And with finding out that my favorite character is going to be "missing" for an extended time, I barely paid attention to it. No reason to ever rewatch this one.

For all of the hype the Hope character has gotten since showing up in the s6 finale, she is already plucking my nerves.

No preview. Does that mean no new episode already for next week? Monday is a US holiday and I know networks don't like to waste first run eps during holiday weeks. But its not like people can travel or even spend tons of time at the beach right now.

It's gonna be a long summer.

Edited to add that Yana from Tvfanatic does not play. Preach. That is all

Last edited by Modo1013; 05-20-2020 at 08:48 PM
Old 05-20-2020, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Modo, I think it's possible that Bob may have asked for time off, but like you, I question why. (This is the same guy who, at Montreal CC, said that he would not leave The 100 because he loved the cast/crew and loved getting to work with his wife.) I feel like it could very well have something to do with Jason and that's why neither one of them has said anything about it. Jason's answers don't explain the lack of Bellamy in the promotional materials. My guess is that, during his meeting with the writers, Bob challenged the way the season was going/his storyline and that the situation became very toxic and tough for him, and that's why he asked for time off. And now Jason's trying to spin it as something positive they did for him when all the evidence is out there that Jason is being petty and getting his revenge.

Bob's tweet, while it gives me no hope for Bellarke or even Bellamy's fate on the show . . . I kind of loved it. Because he acknowledged the baiting that has been going on for years in this fanbase. And I appreciate the honesty from him. Also appreciate that both he and Eliza thanked the fans in their tweets, and I know Adina did today, too.

The reviews I have read for this episode are scathing. I agree with you about Yana, Modo.
ICON

Last edited by April7739; 05-20-2020 at 10:00 PM
Old 05-21-2020, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo1013 (View Post)
Just from those interviews, I firmly believe that JR knew he was gonna get a ton of flack. And I don't think a good portion of the fans believe him.

Do I believe that Bob Morley asked for time off? Maybe. My question would be why?

No preview. Does that mean no new episode already for next week? Monday is a US holiday and I know networks don't like to waste first run eps during holiday weeks. But its not like people can travel or even spend tons of time at the beach right now.

It's gonna be a long summer.
Exactly my thoughts. My question is why, and I don't think that it's a personal thing. Could be wrong, but Bob didn't even ask for time off last year when his leg was really hurting so for him to do this in season 7? When it's the last ever season? Something is fishy, I guess we will have to await the conventions because the show will be over by then and the actors can be way more honest.

Yeah, I'm wondering about that too. Why air one episode and then go to a break? Ugh, hope not.

It really will be.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-21-2020, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's a promo for next week:

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Modo, I think it's possible that Bob may have asked for time off, but like you, I question why. (This is the same guy who, at Montreal CC, said that he would not leave The 100 because he loved the cast/crew and loved getting to work with his wife.) I feel like it could very well have something to do with Jason and that's why neither one of them has said anything about it. Jason's answers don't explain the lack of Bellamy in the promotional materials. My guess is that, during his meeting with the writers, Bob challenged the way the season was going/his storyline and that the situation became very toxic and tough for him, and that's why he asked for time off. And now Jason's trying to spin it as something positive they did for him when all the evidence is out there that Jason is being petty and getting his revenge.
I am kind of wondering if it was something like this, too. I hope we eventually find out, for curiosity's sake.

I mean he also told me once that he was tired of acting and would rather direct, but I also can't see him going "ah, might as well just not be in a few episodes of the show I love because I'm a bit tired of acting". Something tells me he wasn't in love with his storyline either, but honestly who the hell knows. We don't know anything, we're just going off of a few tweets and the fact he's irrationally missing from the promo material.

Old 05-21-2020, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the promo, Lisa!

tags to be on the safe side, I don't remember which side of caution we came down on?

Spoiler:

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon