Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2017, 09:50 PM
Total Fan

Hiatus between 4x05 & 4x06
Old 02-22-2017, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As someone who has never seen LoTR, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
ICON
Old 02-22-2017, 09:54 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
As someone who has never seen LoTR, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Ha! Love that gifset!

So here are videos of Aragorn's non-death. First video is the battle in which he falls off the cliff. Aragorn's bit begins about 1:45.

And this video is him drifting down the river to then be saved by his horse, Brego.

The parallels are STRONG with this one.

Last edited by kenni727; 02-22-2017 at 10:21 PM
Old 02-22-2017, 10:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks Laura and Kenni! I was going to go look for one. I was super obsessed with Lord of the Rings in high school. Y'all should all watch it if you haven't. So when she fell off the cliff, I said to my husband, "Is she going to pull an Aragon and be picked up by her horse?" Aaaaand sure enough...

I still can't get over Bellamy's heartbreak. I have to go to bed though. I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

You guys I kid you not, the second I saw that scene, I tweeted how that was JUST like Aragorn and Brego in the Two Towers That was a straight up blatant copy
Old 02-22-2017, 10:06 PM
Total Fan

If you're gonna copy something, you could do a lot worse than Tolkien.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, that is like . . . a LEGIT copy.
ICON
Old 02-22-2017, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

I'm a HUGE LOTR fan so I squealed not gonna lie but it's like a scene by scene/frame by frame copy
Old 02-22-2017, 10:28 PM
Passionate Fan

It's like Marie was studying The Two Towers in preparation for filming. Probably studied a bit of Fellowship of the Ring for the horse riding too.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

An episode opening on Jaha, oh joy. Then we have Jasper being an idiot. So far I hate this episode. He’s just a jerk. Like I thought somewhere in season 3 he would find him way back to the old Jasper and hes just getting progressively worse. I cant stand that dude. When he went to announce people on the list ughhhh can we kill him now?

I couldn’t hear a freaking word Kane was saying the scene with Octavia, he was whispering way too quietly. And I’m sorry but he has really no room to talk about Octavia killing people. How many people did he float on the ark?

Nyko!

Wow thats awkward that Monty wasn’t on the list! But he should be. Clarke cannot catch a freaking break! Raven yells at her to make a list that she didn’t want to do. So she makes it and now Monty is pissed at her. I think its bull. They cant have it both ways! Nobody else wants to make the fckin hard decisions so don’t bitch about it. The one thing I think Monty was right about was that people deserve to know so they can come to a collective decision but the way he went about it was wrong.

At least Jaha did something right by defending Clarke over the list. Even though his “list” probably isn’t as smart as Clarke’s it seems something people would agree on more, and they did. But if that was the way they were picking the list I wouldnt want to be on it. Why suffer for months in the ark trying to survivor and ration if you were most likely gonna die off anyways. Especially when you dont have proper doctors.

MY BB BELL. Seeing him react to Octavia’s death. AWFUL! But I will say this, I think the dumb music made it less impactful.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So like... Peter Jackson could sue the Jason now.

But like... man, obviously we knew Octavia would live based on previews, but it would have been awesome storywise if the death had actually stuck. Not for fans of Octavia, of course, and I do like Octavia, so I wouldn't want her to die, but if Jason had actually made that stick that would take some serious guts. And I get the suspension of disbelief and all... but seriously... she may have been able to survive the stab would, but that was like a 100 foot drop into rocks and rushing water. The pure amount of broken bones alone would kill you instantly. Like, that's going beyond asking for suspension of disbelief.

I really really loved the scenes with Raven and Luna. Great dynamic there. And we know Jackson's last name!!!!

Jasper can go... Any time now... please...

The fact that Jahaha was in my top five faves of the episode says something...

And really, we're just all of a sudden going back to war with Ice Nation? We could have been completely past this. They could have done so much more with future episodes, this "war" is a complete waste of story time!!!

amelia | icon: mel
Old 02-23-2017, 01:19 AM
Elite Fan

ok, so I have to work but here are the very few thoughts off the top of my head.
I LOVED this episode
Octavia survived that fall? Wow talk about odds
Poor Bellamy
Lisa, we know what that bunker type structure was And that lab looks super awesome
Monty didn't make the list? are you freaking kidding me? After Raven, he is probably the best hacker they got (although how useful that would be, idk )
Riley didn't make the list (#sorrynotsorry )
Jackson has a first name
Jaha with the salomonic solution
Paula, Helios went and looked for Octavia (and saved her most likely)
#WalkieTalkieKabby
Jasper had the best lines by far and he's right. When Jaha has become the voice of reason, you know your moral compass is screwed up
And that foam bit WAS funny Clarke's look?

ETA time to read all the other comments ....

ETA2 I've only watched LOTR once, years ago, so I didn't get that at all, but that parallel is something else
Music didn't bug me but then again, I wasn't paying attention to that at all. Live TV vs stream might make a difference too in music > dialogue maybe?

Quote:
Helios was Anya's horse? Mind blown.
same here, April, I had no clue

Quote:
-I'm angry about Nyko dying
Oh gosh YES, how did I forget to mention that? Not Nyko!!!

Quote:
-also loved when Murphy made the silly comment to Raven about him already being taken.
Ah yes, that was awesome

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon

Last edited by CanIcallYouKate; 02-23-2017 at 01:39 AM
Old 02-23-2017, 02:49 AM
Extreme Fan

That list made no sense to me. Clarke would never put Monty not on the list. And he clearly has usefull skills. But she would take Octavia who exactly can do nothing at all? That is just ridiculous. But well, that is what the writers are trying to sell us here so we have to accept it.

Jasper is beyond annoying now. Everyone deals with pain differently but for him it's only about his pain and own misery. He can't see anything else. Everyone suffers but he is making everything about him. He hurts people all the time and doesn't care. I didn't like what Monty did at all. That was not the way to do it.

Jaha could calm down the people or it would probably have ended bad. Clarke couldn't handle it, it was just to much for her. Everyone blaming her for everything all the time when all she wants is to help them.

Now they have to draw for spots. That is the fair thing to do but not the smart thing to do. That is why you can't tell people the truth all the time. Of course nobody wants to hear he can't have a spot because he has no skill they need.

I wanted to feel Bellamys pain but something in that scene was weird. It did not sound like Bellamy at all. Maybe they had to do a voice over for it? Idk, it just sounded strange to me.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I could have maybe gotten behind her not putting Monty on the list because of the reasons she listed, but I'm guessing the only reason she put Octavia on there was because she's a young, fertile female. Not sure how many of those there are on the ark

Poor Harper too, that sucked.

Amelia I totally agree that if Octavia died, that would have been epic. NOT that I wanted her to die, but that would have been more along the lines of something The 100 would do. I also wish the cliff was a bit shorter, because now I know there will be so many people thinking "um yeah, sure. Like anyone could survive that." including me

However I did do some googling and apparently you could survive from 176 feet or something...and there's a story of a guy who jumped 3000 feet off a plane and only got a broken pelvis...

ETA so, what IS on that island apart from killer drones?

Last edited by Damocles; 02-23-2017 at 06:56 AM