Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Total Fan

Frederick the mutant? I think that Clarke might run into him as she's wandering around. I think it could be cool if she finds a whole colony of mutated outcasts and it turns out she feels comfortable there with them because she can identify with feeling like a monster who can't participate in normal society.

The boat in the tree is just a sick playhouse/treehouse that Lincoln built for his nephew.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Aww...I would love to see Clarke bond with Frederick! And Lincoln's nephew is just about the luckiest kid ever.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What's Lincoln's nephew's name?

Roosevelt

Yes that's it

So maybe that centipede was just symbolic of Lincoln's feelings of wanting to slither out of his grounder society, past a mug of hope? Or maybe he just saw a big centipede.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:27 PM
Total Fan

Yeah, he was just like, "Oh, gross!" and grabbed his sketchbook.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly.

Inspiration can be found in even the most repulsive insects.

By the way, I hate house centipedes.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:10 PM
Passionate Fan

I love that Lincoln was so chill about the giant centipede and felt inspired even. I'm pretty sure my heart would stop. I'd be dead a bajillion times over living on their version of Earth. True story.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok the house centipedes are disgusting ENOUGH, but one night at my parents house at 4am I saw (for the first time in my life) the other kind..it came out of a floor board, I almost pissed myself, then it went back under. It was one of those black shiny ones Just thinking about it makes me want to scream

Old 03-17-2015, 12:23 PM
Passionate Fan

That has me alternately laughing and shuddering. I seriously don't do well with bugs. Or reptiles. Or amphibians. There are few exceptions to this. So I try not to think about the radioactively modified creatures inhabiting the earth 97 years later. If a deer has two heads what's happened to snakes, spiders, and everything else that makes me scream like a 5 year old.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Yeah, he was just like, "Oh, gross!" and grabbed his sketchbook.
Quote:
I love that Lincoln was so chill about the giant centipede and felt inspired even. I'm pretty sure my heart would stop. I'd be dead a bajillion times over living on their version of Earth. True story.
You guys are killing me

I HATE BUGS TOO
Old 03-17-2015, 12:34 PM
Total Fan

Hey, MiniElky, Aaron just got back to you on tumblr about the sketchbook!

a ridiculous chronicle

Quote:
Yes, I was referring to Whitman, the sniper.

It is all up for interpretation, of course. Only Lincoln knows what he really saw on his explorations. If he’s like me (and many people have, as you can imagine, compared the two of us — specifically because of our abs), he likes to doodle and take liberties…

However, in my mind, Mount Weather has been sending soldiers out in ghillie suites (like this one: here) for decades to spy on the Grounder factions.

As for the other drawings… They all mean something, they’re all clues to our world. When and where we’ll explain them, though, is impossible to say…

Thanks for watching!
Old 03-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Yes! Although I'd almost feel bad for the soldier, wearing a hazmat and ghillie suit, or some hybrid of the two. I'm twitchy just thinking about wearing all that.

And I really hope they get the opportunity to explore more behind Lincoln's sketches. Except for the giant centipede. I can easily die happy never knowing more about that.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh wicked, thanks Fuzzy! I didn't even see that he replied. I guess that's the best answer we'll get...for now I would love to know what the other sketches are, though.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Total Fan

The boat in the tree makes no sense to me. I keep thinking things like maybe a tsunami brought it inland, but then there are all kinds of problems with that. Like there would be a ton of other destruction from a tsunami. Or even just if there were a flood. Maybe Lincoln saw it when he was visiting the clan who lives by the "sea." I keep thinking they could be at the Chesapeake Bay rather than the actual Atlantic Ocean. Maybe after the bombs dropped, the ice caps melted rapidly and the sea level rose quite a bit. Then when it receded, you end up with a boat in a tree.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Fuzzy, you're just too smart! I sometimes feel like Fritz to your Frankenstein. Especially since my working theory is that Big Foot put the boat there working on his tree fort. Except we've already determined there is no Big Foot...Suck an elf! Thwarted again!
Old 03-17-2015, 03:46 PM
Total Fan

Thanks. I don't know how smart that actually is, though. If you asked a geologist, they'd probably be like, "Fuzzy Dunlop doesn't know what she's talking about."