Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Passionate Fan

A Land Divided [General Discussion] #2: "I swear to God the more we learn about this place the less we know."

WELCOME TO THE 2ND
[ This Is War : Pick Your Tribe]
A LAND DIVIDED
General Discussion
;02

xXx

P a s t T h r e a d s ;
001 ; 002 ; 003 ; 004 ; 005

Last edited by KeepThisaSecret; 03-15-2015 at 11:59 AM
Old 03-14-2015, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT, kenni!
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 03-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Kenni!

Old 03-14-2015, 07:40 PM
Total Fan

TFTNT!

Maybe we should all do a full rewatch together on this thread. That seems "general discussion" appropriate, no?
Old 03-14-2015, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd say so!

I'm on episode 6 now, catch up to me it's kind of awesome watching old episodes again.

Also Jason tweets are confusing me - did he name alot of the characters along with Kass Morgan? And I didn't know Bellamy and Octavia were originallys Blacks and not Blakes.

Old 03-14-2015, 10:22 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm all for a re-watch.

So I got my brother to watch the show. He finished the first season about a week ago. He won't watch season two until it's on Netflix. It was very interesting getting his opinion on the show. He generally liked it, hence he'll watch season two. But he also thinks the show is full of idiots. I wish I could accurately convey how hilarious it was to listen to him go off about it.

Oh, and this brother is a podiatrist who confirmed that people on the Ark would need to wear shoes.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So funny, because my brother watches the show and said today that "everyone is annoying, that's why I'm annoyed I watch this show"

well excuuuuse me

Also my brother thinks Bellamy is a loser

Kenni tell your bro to use hola unblocker, then he can watch from Netflix Canada.

By the way, I'm finding everything more emotional the second time around. I just skipped to Finn's death scene just now and even cried. Lame!!

A proper re-watch is a good idea.

Old 03-14-2015, 10:53 PM
Passionate Fan

My brother was super impressed that they killed Wells. He loved that actually.

As for some other stuff, according to him:
- Finn is the dumbest of them all because Raven is way prettier than Clarke.
- Octavia has an IQ of 31. And her romance with Lincoln is laughable. She should choose Jasper, "the guy who keeps risking his life to save her!"
- Clarke ain't that bright

So when I asked him if he liked it he said, "I liked it generally. I realize that without mentally handicapped characters fiction would be no fun."

It was really hard not to spoil anything about season two for him. And he mostly didn't want to be spoiled, but he did beg for me to tell him that Finn died in the season one finale. He really doesn't want to see him back in season two.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I always harass my brother saying "Did you watch yet?" and after Finn died I was like "did you cry at the end?" and my bro said "I laughed".

I said "didn't u luv him"? And he said Finn was "dumb as ******" . Sigh.

I do love the different takes our brothers have on this show, that's for sure.

That seems like so long ago now I cannot wait an indefinite amount of months for season 3

Old 03-15-2015, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 03-15-2015, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

I think a re-watch would be fun. I think I'm missing only one episode from this season b/c I forgot to save it on my DVR.

My brother likes the show overall. He couldn't care a less about the shipping aspect of it. He did however strongly dislike Finn and was not sad that he died. My nephews are biased against the show b/c it's on the CW even though they've never even seen damn episode. However, my mom loves the show. She and I text all the time during the episodes. She thinks Bellamy and Clarke belong together.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara

Last edited by brave princess; 03-15-2015 at 04:32 PM
Old 03-15-2015, 04:26 PM
Passionate Fan

As my brother was going on and on...and on about how stupid Octavia is I could hardly get a word in edgewise. I finally had to practically yell, "Stop talking and listen to me!"

I'm just really stoked he's started watching it because he's someone I can talk about stories with on a level I just can't with some other members of my family who watch the show.

So I re-watachd the pilot earlier today. It's just so fascinating to me to see how things have changed. And it about broke my heart seeing Monty and Jasper being these awesome light hearted buddies. Btw, my brother was totally disappointed that Monty and Jasper faded a bit to the background during season one and I totally concurred.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:01 PM
Total Fan

I don't have a brother. But if I did, I bet he would also make fun of how dumb the characters are.

I have a sister and she really liked Finn. She hasn't seen the second season, though.

How would you guys feel about watching an episode every Wednesday and then discussing together? I've never done an organized rewatch before.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Every Wednesday works for me. Since I've already been on that schedule. Now I fell like Pavlov's dog. It's Wednesday - MUST WATCH THE 100.

Oh and I wish I could have recorded it to share with all of you. My brother's imitation of Lincoln's first words to Octavia as though "Me Tarzan. You Jane." was priceless.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

lol Kenni how old is your brother?

And your thoughts are exactly what I when I was watching season 1 yesterday. I stopped at Unity Day, fyi.

I was madly analyzing every single character to see how much they've changed, and I was like "wow Monty used to get screen time!" The way they reacted to eachother and the things they said to eachother is SO different from now. Of course I also madly analyzed Clarke and Bellamy. It's so much fun watching the older episodes.

Wednesdays work for me as well, I mean I just watched the first 6 or so yesterday but let's be honest, I can watch them over and over again.