Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2016, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

ahh sorry

I truly dont think we've seen him like this before, I know I'm repeating myself but again look at this eyes, his face, just empty and so done. Just when I think BM can't surprise/ amaze me more, he goes and does that every single episode
Old 04-07-2016, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
look at this eyes, his face, just empty and so done.
Yes, done. That's the word. But clearly he's not done, because if he was, he wouldn't have turned on Pike.

He looks tired, ashamed. Tired of feeling ashamed.
ICON
Old 04-07-2016, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Yes, done. That's the word. But clearly he's not done, because if he was, he wouldn't have turned on Pike.

He looks tired, ashamed. Tired of feeling ashamed.
Exactly, exactly, ashamed for what he did, so drained to feel anything at all anymore

His poor, poor face

HE HAS HOPE
Old 04-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Passionate Fan

So I already mentioned this on the episode thread but wanted to bring it over here. I don't think Bellamy took that beating because he felt he deserved it. Well I'm sure that's part of it, but mostly it was for Octavia's benefit. She is angry and in so much pain right now. She needs to let it out and Bellamy is there for that. No matter how much anger and hurt she sends his way he will always be there for her. She knows that. And so she can hate him right now knowing she won't lose him. Accepting that beating and not allowing the others to intervene was his way of taking care of her. He will always look out for her. She'll always fit in with him.

Oddly, though I'd been dreading that scene all season now that I've seen it I have hope for them going forward. It certainly won't be easy, but Bellamy won't ever accept that he's dead to her.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree. He took that beating for octavia. To lessen her grief. Putting her grief over his own. I also liked how he read his sisters moves all through the episode. At the end when octavia kills the arker and says blood must have blood, he knew he would have to work hard to stop octavia go off her rails soon enough.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
So I already mentioned this on the episode thread but wanted to bring it over here. I don't think Bellamy took that beating because he felt he deserved it. Well I'm sure that's part of it, but mostly it was for Octavia's benefit. She is angry and in so much pain right now. She needs to let it out and Bellamy is there for that.
I agree. He took it so Octavia could take out her anger. But i didn´t like that she did it.

Bellamy does still not believe that Kane is right. You could see it in his eyes when they all talked about the new commander and how they just go there, talk to her and everything will be fine. His face was like "how can you all be so stupid and just blindly trust grounders".

But he gave them Pike. It was the only option to save Kane.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:36 PM
Passionate Fan

I was bit irritated when Kane asked if Bellamy did it for his sister or because it was the right thing to do. Right and wrong isn't so simple here. Following Pike isn't right, and Bellamy finally came to see that. But aligning with the Grounders isn't necessarily "right" either. Which Kane will see once he meets Ontari. I just felt like his question was a bit condescending to Bellamy and was so glad that Bellamy just answered with "you're welcome."

While I didn't like that Octavia beat Bellamy and definitely think she went too far I think it's significant that she's not simply hurting because Lincoln was killed. This has been building. Lincoln's death was the last shove to push her over the edge. Bellamy's no idiot. He knows Octavia and how she's been struggling. Another reason he allowed himself to be her punching bag.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
I was bit irritated when Kane asked if Bellamy did it for his sister or because it was the right thing to do. Right and wrong isn't so simple here. Following Pike isn't right, and Bellamy finally came to see that. But aligning with the Grounders isn't necessarily "right" either. Which Kane will see once he meets Ontari. I just felt like his question was a bit condescending to Bellamy and was so glad that Bellamy just answered with "you're welcome."
Yeah absolutely, it was condescending. Kane still thinks he is the only one who knows what´s right and wrong here. I was so glad that Bellamy didn´t give him an answer. I almost hope that Ontari and Polis will be so horrible that Kane finally sees why Bellamy does not trust them.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Agreed. I admire Kane and his desire for peace, but plenty of Sky People have reason to mistrust the Grounders. His not understanding that is what led to Pike being elected in the first place.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the opening scene so much!
All of them walking into the cave and seeing Bellamy watching them walking in. Kane who just looked at Bellamy.
And then Octavia.
I totally agree that Bellamy let her do it more for her than because of his own. He knew she needed an outlet and he provided it for her. Doesn't make what she did okay though, obviously.

Bob continues to amaze me. He did so great, his acting was so on point. I absolutely loved him this episode.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the opening scene so much!
All of them walking into the cave and seeing Bellamy watching them walking in. Kane who just looked at Bellamy.
And then Octavia.
I totally agree that Bellamy let her do it more for her than because of his own. He knew she needed an outlet and he provided it for her. Doesn't make what she did okay though, obviously.

Bob continues to amaze me. He did so great, his acting was so on point. I absolutely loved him this episode.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think my problem with Kane's message asking Bellamy to question what he is doing is right or not is that it is hypocritical.
Last season when Bellamy killed all the mountain people with CLarke and Monty, people who he know and who helped him, and he questioned Clarke on a way to save them, at that time Kane's message was you did good. Like what? But suddenly having not so positive opinion on the grounders is basically not doing right?

So killing the mountain people who helped Bellamy is good or right for his people? Lexa abandoning your people while you watch your love interest get drilled into was ok, because you think it will lead to peace?

The morality of what is right on this show is so screwed up. I think Bob mentioned this in his interviews this season. About how he feels that it is messed up.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kane also understood why Clarke decided to let the bomb drop on tonDC and even said it was because she grew up on The Ark and learned what to do from them.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:49 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve (View Post)
I think my problem with Kane's message asking Bellamy to question what he is doing is right or not is that it is hypocritical.
Last season when Bellamy killed all the mountain people with CLarke and Monty, people who he know and who helped him, and he questioned Clarke on a way to save them, at that time Kane's message was you did good. Like what? But suddenly having not so positive opinion on the grounders is basically not doing right?

So killing the mountain people who helped Bellamy is good or right for his people? Lexa abandoning your people while you watch your love interest get drilled into was ok, because you think it will lead to peace?

The morality of what is right on this show is so screwed up. I think Bob mentioned this in his interviews this season. About how he feels that it is messed up.
It's just not always the best writing. They don't think things through all the time. I felt like that last week when they trusted Miller's boyfriend to help but just chained Bellamy up because they didn't trust him. Little things like that where the writing contradicts itself happen quite a bit. I was annoyed with Kane too with that question, and I was like, "Yesssss!" when he just said, "You're welcome" back.

Of course Bellamy saves the day :clap: He's he best. Someone mentioned in the episode thread they liked how Bellamy went beast on Octavia to protect her. Seriously, loved him in this episode.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 (View Post)
It's just not always the best writing. They don't think things through all the time. I felt like that last week when they trusted Miller's boyfriend to help but just chained Bellamy up because they didn't trust him. Little things like that where the writing contradicts itself happen quite a bit. I was annoyed with Kane too with that question, and I was like, "Yesssss!" when he just said, "You're welcome" back.

Of course Bellamy saves the day He's he best. Someone mentioned in the episode thread they liked how Bellamy went beast on Octavia to protect her. Seriously, loved him in this episode.
Yeah Bellamy saved them all or they would have just shot Octavia and Kane. I really was pissed when Kane said that Bellamy is the enemy but he did forgive Monty and Bryan. Whaaat? And then that stupid question like he is the know it all. He doesn´t have a clue about the grounders but thinks his way is the only right way to do things.

I was just laughing when they all talked in the cave what to do next and Bellamy was just sitting there, shaking his head.