Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2017, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You too April dear
Old 01-21-2017, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hi and bye, April.

Wow, the thread is moving so fast. Can't even keep up.

Thanks for the spoilery bits, Margaux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
I think one of the main issue with shipping wars is that some people from each ship feel the need to make sure their ship is "#1" meaning, the other ships are invalid or garbage.

I think it's important to realise that a person can love more than one person in their lifetime, and love them in different ways. I also believe you can have more than one soulmate.

Ship wars gross me out so much because it's such a stupid thing to get up in arms about. And claiming to love 1/2 of the relationship (ie. Clarke) but not wanting them to move on or be happy, is gross. And laughing in the face of fans who are mourning the 1/2 they loved, is gross.

This is my brief PSA on ship wars, until next time
Love this PSA, Lisa.

That is so true, I get the sentiment but also I've personally had some ships where I loved both pairings in the ship war but then some - like the 100 - where I only love one of the pairings. But you're so right to say that a person can love more than one person in their lifetime and people don't have to crap on one pairing just because they ship the other pairing.

Having said that, I still have a lot of issue with how the CL relationship was portrayed and that is why I cannot support (and was never emotionally invested in) the pairing. Same goes for Flarke in any case. Whereas some people can see good aspects in both relationships and support both which I say, more power to them for being able to appreciate different aspects in both relationships. I just personally can't.

I also don't understand the sentiment of wanting Clarke to be ~forever alone because she lost Lexa ... frankly if either of them died, I'd be devastated but I'll ultimately want the surviving person to find happiness in the world, despite that. I am not okay with dooming them with a life of solitude just because a person they loved died. And on the flipside, it's gross when Bellarke fans are rubbing it in CL fans' faces about Lexa dying and Bellamy still being alive. Especially considering how traumatic/triggering that said death was.

This video though :

I'll catch up with the rest of the thread (and the last one) eventually.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 01-21-2017, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oooh I love that vid
Old 01-21-2017, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's giving me all the feels.

X

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 01-21-2017, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I like that too!
Old 01-21-2017, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

That Day Trip scene gives me extra feels now that I know what the original script says.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 01-21-2017, 08:51 AM
Passionate Fan

I couldn't agree more, Sarah.

I don't condone rubbing it on people's faces but I get where it comes from. There isn't an attack one side does that the other hasn't done as well, which is sad. It doesn't mean you can't celebrate when a character you don't like dies, as long as you don't tag those who liked the character. It's all about a respectful freedom of speech.

The Rosy — I'm a neutral the 100 fan. I don't really ship...
I really like what was said here.

Quote:
But Bellarke is a bit different, because they’ve focused a lot on the Bellarke relationship OUTSIDE of romance, their partnership as leaders, as heroes, as friends, as sorta parents to these bunch of delinquents. They’ve even dealt with betrayal and pain between them WITHOUT them being romantic. I think it’s kind of cool that they get to have a real relationship way before it becomes romantic.
What I’m hoping for is that they continue with their realistic depiction of love (not just romance, but also fraternal, platonic, parental, mentors, etc) and we get to see an ESTABLISHED relationship that isn’t played to romantic drama, but remains a love relationship that supports the survival drama of the apocalypse.
ETA
That gifset is so accurate it hurts!
"Because I love you, you idiot!"

Last edited by AnaMack; 01-21-2017 at 12:22 PM
Old 01-21-2017, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wonderfully said, Sarah. Your PSA was like an add-on to Lisa's PSA.

I'm home now, but I'm exhausted, so I'm not sure how many posts I'll manage tonight. But I am here.
ICON
Old 01-21-2017, 04:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMack (View Post)
Why not? Guys, I don't mean it in a Timberlake/MilaKunis fashion, I mean it as in them not aknowledging that they are in a relationship, but ending up kissing every once in a while without labelling what they have. I mean, I can't imagine them being Girlfriend and Boyfriend at the world's end, I can only imagine them being intimate without giving names to what they have. Not in a rom-com kind of way, more in a "the world is ending and we really haven't took the time to rationalise what we have". I can't see them going "I love you, we should be together". I can only see them going intimate first, labels later. That's what I meant by friendship with benefits, their friendship slowly becoming that intimate without them putting it into actual words. It's like how "I can't lose you" is their "I love you". I don't see them being direct about it, I think it's actually kinda overused. I can see them going "I can't lose you" and "I need you" another 1000 times. I mean, is there even actual "dating" terms in The 100 (well, there are the relationships that started in that 3months peace, but they were at relative peace, you know?)? It just doesn't seem like the time and place for technicalities.
That makes more sense Ana. I just assumed that you meant "friends with benefits" as "sexfriends".

Quote:
But Bellarke is a bit different, because they’ve focused a lot on the Bellarke relationship OUTSIDE of romance, their partnership as leaders, as heroes, as friends, as sorta parents to these bunch of delinquents. They’ve even dealt with betrayal and pain between them WITHOUT them being romantic. I think it’s kind of cool that they get to have a real relationship way before it becomes romantic.
What I’m hoping for is that they continue with their realistic depiction of love (not just romance, but also fraternal, platonic, parental, mentors, etc) and we get to see an ESTABLISHED relationship that isn’t played to romantic drama, but remains a love relationship that supports the survival drama of the apocalypse.
I really like this ! I'm very tired of the unecessary romantic drama in established relationship in others shows, I don't think we will have any of this with Bellarke when it happens.

So I finally rewatched the 3 finals episodes of season 1.

Episode 11 : From a Bellarke shipper POV, this epsiode was painful to watch because it's basically only Raven/Bellamy one night stand mess and Finn/Clarke romantic mess (the I'm in love with you scene was really meh). I only enjoyed the first scene when we have Bellamy and Clarke ruling the camp while standing way too close (Personal space ? What personal space ?). At one point, Bell stopped talking, stared at Clarke while she wasn't looking before shaking his head (discreetly) and started talking again ( got distracted for a bit there Bell ?). The episode didn't even really move the plot forward... Just one interesting thing : Clarke is the first one to kill someone in cold blood (so far all killings were in self-defense), in a way that totally parallel Bellamy killing Lovejoy in Mount Weather. -> Dark parallel.

Now episode 12 and 13: THIS was everything ! Actions, moving the plot, Murphy/Bellamy scenes, Bellamy and Clarke being badasses (like everyone in the episode tbh), staring intensely at each others and taking slow motion badass walks ! April your friend is so right ! I was totally fangirling at this scene !! Like wow ! The two episodes were basically Clarke and Bellamy disagreeing on the way to procede but still working together. And that confrontation between Clarke and Bellamy with the eyes-sex which was basically them throwing compliments at each others ("you inspire them" "They listen to you more") ! I'm pretty sure I caught Clarke eyes dropping to Bellamy's lips for one second while he wasn't looking (but I was looking girl !). Now, I am wondering how we never catch anybody's eyes dropping to Clarke's good earth clevage, probably happening off screen (because I would totally look).
"No we can't close the door, Bellamy is not back yet !" "They're killing him !" Look at Clarkey being so worried ! Tbh, she would go probably ballistic if this happened in season 3 instead of watching deseperatly.
Interesting point, the episodes names are "We are grounders part 1, part 2". So we all noticed Bellamy's speech "We are on the ground now which mean we are grounders" in episode 12 but I personally never noticed that the battle ended in episode 13 with Clarke saying "We are not grounders" to save Anya being beaten to death by the delinquents and before ordering Jasper to barbecue the grounders. Really ironical if you think of season 3 when Clarke is all "let's become one people, grounders and skaikru" and Bellamy is all anti-grounders "they can't be trusted, to different from us, let's kill them all".

Note: We got two Flarke hugs in these episodes, including one with Clarke finding Finn after thinking he was dead (parallel) but the lack of chemistry strocke again. I mean seriously, at least the Clexa hug in 3x16 gave me feels ! Too bad because Finn was actually cool most of the time in the two last episodes (except when he was being jealous because Clarke was considering Bellamy's opinion).

Icon by Sarah

To the Sky King : Bellamy Blake

Last edited by Ellfoy; 01-21-2017 at 04:24 PM
Old 01-21-2017, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Margaux, even though we didn't coordinate our rewatch, I love how we ended up watching these season one episodes around the same time.

"The Calm" is the only season one clunker, I feel, and the only thing I actually enjoy about it is Bellamy and Raven's sex scene.

The two-part finale was great. The Flarke hugs . . . they're cute moments, but they lack the impact of the other hugs on this show. I mean, I prefer the Bellamy/Jasper hug WAY more.
ICON
Old 01-21-2017, 08:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Oh, Raven chose her earth coitus wisely

Quote:
That makes more sense Ana. I just assumed that you meant "friends with benefits" as "sexfriends".
Yeah, I figured by the collective outrage that people kind of mistook it as that

Quote:
At one point, Bell stopped talking, stared at Clarke while she wasn't looking before shaking his head (discreetly) and started talking again
Yet another great observation there, Go lol

Quote:
staring intensely at each others and taking slow motion badass walks ! April your friend is so right ! I was totally fangirling at this scene !! Like wow ! The two episodes were basically Clarke and Bellamy disagreeing on the way to procede but still working together. And that confrontation between Clarke and Bellamy with the eyes-sex which was basically them throwing compliments at each others ("you inspire them" "They listen to you more") ! I'm pretty sure I caught Clarke eyes dropping to Bellamy's lips for one second while he wasn't looking (but I was looking girl !). Now, I am wondering how we never catch anybody's eyes dropping to Clarke's good earth clevage, probably happening off screen (because I would totally look).
Gotta love them! That's the magic of Bellarke: when they're together, they're together.
So true

Quote:
So we all noticed Bellamy's speech "We are on the ground now which mean we are grounders" in episode 12 but I personally never noticed that the battle ended in episode 13 with Clarke saying "We are not grounders" to save Anya being beaten to death by the delinquents and before ordering Jasper to barbecue the grounders. Really ironical if you think of season 3 when Clarke is all "let's become one people, grounders and skaikru" and Bellamy is all anti-grounders "they can't be trusted, to different from us, let's kill them all".
That's really interesting, twinsie, you somehow always manage to shed some new light on things I hadn't realised before

Yeah, at least the 3x16 clexa hug resembled bellarkes.

YOU READ THAT RIGHT PEEPS!!!!! I'M DONE WITH THE SEASON!!!

So, I separated a few bellarkey comments of mine on 3x16:
  • At this point I'm so used to The Hands Orgy TM that when it actually happened it was a mixed of feelings between "of course she grabbed his hand, he's her strength, we all know that" and "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG GAAAAAAAAAAAAASP why so fast?"
  • And then I noticed: wait, are they still holding hands? And Bell's hand was still around for a while. Cut scene, we see Bellamy's not holding her hand anymore, oh well, but who knows how long that actually lasted before that cut, right? Right?
  • THE PARALLELS!!!!!!! When Kane's back to being unchipped, Abby's taking care of Clarke, to which she goes "go to him, I'm fine" and that was just like when Raven said it to Clarke about Bellamy on 2x05, the same "go get him, tiger" format. OH WELL.
  • Together. But everyone's noticed this one, right? lol Still, it's quite remarkable how Alie uses Bellamy's words, out of anyone else, to trigger Clarke into pairing up with her. What she doesn't realise is that Together strongly relates to pulling a lever lol wrong move, alie, wrong move and then Bellarke kind of saves the day for the smallest moment. Yeah, Clarke was already gonna pull it, but she was going along with Alie's stalling up until together...
  • Was I the only one to like the little Abby/Bellamy exchange with the gun? Aaaawee
  • And of course, her change of expression to "totally done right now TM" when Bellamy encourages Clarke on the whole scheme lmao I can't!
  • BELLAMY BLAKE'S FINGER SLIGHTLY TOUCHED CLARKE GRIFFIN'S LIP AND I'LL NEVER GET OVER THIS MOMENT
For the briefest moment another bellarke parallel during Alie's scene with Clarke crossed my mind, but now I just can't remember it. Sorry, guys lol

I watched it on dvd, so it comes along with the 2015 comic con panel. I must say a few things about that either. When the bellarke question is made, Eliza deadpans and looks at Jason for respald. She clearly does not know what she can or can't say. It's unlike with any nonexistent ship. With nonexistent ships they just laugh over them. Bellarke is clearly a thing if they avoid talking about it. Yeah, after Validation Day, there wasn't really a question about it, but, in this con, you can clearly see how Eliza instantly looks at Jason. Like, the girl could have given her own opinion, yet she stands waiting for Jasons green light. And then, of course, the part I love: Bob dodges the question saying he doesn't see it as romantic as of now, and Jason goes "you never know"(I love this part) and they suddenly smile and go:

(I just love this gif)

Now, notice that when he said that, Eliza and Bob looked at him going "oh, so that's what we're doing now? ok" as in "the PR game's changed, guys, we're not 100% denying it anymore". It's very clear Jason kept them secretive about the subject(unlike the pairings he doesn't intend to pursue, so if there's any doubt whether bellarke's happening or not, this con is very telling). Like, the way they talk around the subject, it resembles a lot how they act around subjects we now know to have been spoilerish back then. It's the same cautious reaction.
And now, the bit I didn't know happened, because it's so subtle: when asked about hope in the future for the characters to surpass depression, Jason goes "and of course, relationships, clarke and lexa, bellarke (if it happens)...". Now, notice how he said "if we go there" as an after thought, like, "oh, man, spoiler alert! I'm not saying it will happen guys, it's just an example! hehe". Like, if it wouldn't, why would you mention them anyway? And it's not like he was just leading us on, he legit added the "if we're going there" quickly to cover up, you can perceive it in the video.

So, yeah, after actually watching the entire panel and relating those answers to the leak, I'm really optimistic about the ship, guys. I'm sorry, even I, the pessimistic of pessimistics, can't fight that one down. It's happening.

Last edited by AnaMack; 01-21-2017 at 08:19 PM
Old 01-21-2017, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I forgot, it airs at 5pm here (well the live version) and I teach at 5:30

So I can read the first half of the posts lol. And then I would watch it at 8 when I got home.

How would bellarke happen off screen? That would be odd.

Thanks Kate! I miss the thread too!
Old 01-21-2017, 09:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Just us being pessimistics, Alexa

Quote:
Octavia: Why are you and Clarke gazing into each other’s eyes?
Bellamy: We’re not...doing that. It’s just a routine forehead check. Reciprocated.
incorrect the 100 quotes

Quote:
Remember that time that Clarke actually thanked the person she thought was going to kill her because he spared Bellamy’s life.
http://bellarkereminders.tumblr.com/...tually-thanked
What can I say...
Old 01-21-2017, 10:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMack (View Post)

That's really interesting, twinsie, you somehow always manage to shed some new light on things I hadn't realised before
Don't make me blush !

Quote:
[*]THE PARALLELS!!!!!!! When Kane's back to being unchipped, Abby's taking care of Clarke, to which she goes "go to him, I'm fine" and that was just like when Raven said it to Clarke about Bellamy on 2x05, the same "go get him, tiger" format. OH WELL.
Wow never noticed that one ! All caught up now Ana ! That is great ! I keep reading comments around of people who stopped watching during season 3 (Because of Bellamy's arc or Clarke'arc) but are thinking of watching next season.

Quote:
So, yeah, after actually watching the entire panel and relating those answers to the leak, I'm really optimistic about the ship, guys. I'm sorry, even I, the pessimistic of pessimistics, can't fight that one down. It's happening.
Being optimistic is actually good in everydays life !
I'm glad you brought a recap of this, I don't watch panels, not my thing and I heard too much bad echoes of it concerning Bellarke to be tempted to watch it.

April, I'm glad as well that we watched more or less at the same time. I know that Paula is rewatching as well but I don't know where she's at. Paula ?

So where are we at with the eyes sex survivor ? And can someone give me a link of the eyes sex survivor of season 1 ? There are so many moments in season 1 !

Icon by Sarah

To the Sky King : Bellamy Blake
Old 01-21-2017, 10:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Just saying the truth blush all you want lol

Quote:
All caught up now Ana ! That is great !
Thanks well, I happen to be the biggest enthusiast of that Raven line there is, so it's something I, of all people, would caught on, but too subtle for most who aren't stans of that line lol

Quote:
I keep reading comments around of people who stopped watching during season 3 (Because of Bellamy's arc or Clarke'arc) but are thinking of watching next season.
That used to be me lol

Quote:
I'm glad you brought a recap of this, I don't watch panel, not my thing and I heard too much bad echoes of it concerning Bellarke to be tempted to watch it.
Yeah, I totally get you, that's actually why I hadn't watched the whole thing till now and it's really not that bad.

I'm 50/50 on optimism and pessimism, but I'm a coward when it comes to ships lol even when I'm the most confident on my ships I still expect them to not happen somehow

So I just remembered another bit from 3x15: Bellamy joking around about his torture in mtweather to make Clarke feel better gave me life. They're so precious making each other smile even the slightest

Last edited by AnaMack; 01-21-2017 at 10:52 PM