Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2017, 11:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I'm obsessed with tumblr as well. I've been stalking at least two shipping tags every night.

I'm on vacation till the end of march, but I hate livestreaming... I used to watch XFactor2012 and PLL on livestream and it would stop working every 2 minutes.

Quote:
For the first time, the threat that Clarke and Bellamy are facing is not coming at them full speed, forcing them to make life or death decisions in the blink of an eye. If ever there was a time for feelings to slowly grow into something more, this would probably be it, in the relative calm before the radiation storm.
But is there ever any calmness in the 100? Well, there was once, but there was a timejump through it, and we sure as hell don't want our ship to innitiate offscreen, thank you very much. But, yeah, I get the point lol

Quote:
Ultimately, we’re still pulling for “The 100” to get a Season 5 (and a Season 6 and 7 and 8 and…), so we wouldn’t be devastated if Bellarke wasn’t on the agenda this year. Whenever these two characters share the screen, we get an electrifying result, kissing or no kissing.
AMEN!
And I love the "this year" bit lol we still want this, Rothenberg!

To Be-llarke or not to Be-llarke oh, well... Also, I'm loving all this Bellarke love coming back to life. I missed those days

Quote:
which means they will have time to really think about what matters to them, what is worth living for etc.
Well put, Sarah. This is the time for them to aknowledge what they couldn't bare to lose and what is worth living and fighting for(each other).

All are great possible titles, Sarah

Quote:
and built an unshakeable partnership that’s almost better than a romance.
I love it how Lindsay Macdonald keeps going "yeah, I'm mature, I wouldn't mind them just being friends after all... YES I WOULD JUST KISS ALREADY"

Quote:
A romance would be great but above it all, their emotional connection is everything.
It's like a couple other ships I have in which, no matter what they have, they'll always be it for each other, so you can only feel sorry for their current relationships... I mean, seriously, Alie!Abby could have easily just cut it already starting with herself to break Clarke, yet chose to Start With Bellamy Blake TM

Spoiler:

Quote:
Side note, maybe it’s better they haven’t hooked up, seeing as all their kissing partners tend to end up dead?
Nyilah is alive, so we still have hope and are still breathing TM. Well, she didn't have feelings for Clarke, unlike Wells, Finn and Lexa or Gina for Bellamy, but if feelings killed, Clarke and Bellamy would be doomed for each other already.

Quote:
It intrigues me that the romantic relationships this show has developed generally haven’t impressed me that much. Yet Bellarke hits me in the feels. There’s definitely something to be said about a love and respect that transcends the physical.
This is definitely a thing. I lost interest in Octavia the more solid their relationship would get. I do believe in Bellarke, though. If Jason keeps their dynamic and only changes the fact that they start kissing and having sex, it can't go wrong. They already act as husband and wife anyway.

Quote:
So if it never comes to kissing or sex I’m okay with that. If they never even confess or put into words what they mean to each other I’m okay with that too.
The poor things deserve to have sex! at least as a friendship with benefits lol

Quote:
At the end of the day Bellamy knows what he means to Clarke and she knows what she means to Bellamy. They are both secure in that knowledge. And act accordingly.
I'm not sure about Bellamy. Bellamy is really insecure as in how much he actually deserves or means anything to anyone.

As for the transcendence of sexual touches there, I agree. What they have right now is already eons more important and meaningful.

Amen to that beautiful quote, Sarah

Quote:
okAY Y'ALL THE REASON I LOVE BELLARKE SO MUCH IS THAT LIKE NOT ONLY ARE THEY A ROMANTIC SHIP BUT ALSO A STRONG PAIR OF REALLY CLOSE FRIENDS WHO EQUALLY DEPEND ON EACH OTHER WITHOUT ANY TRACES OF SEXISM OR SUPERIORITY LIKE THEY ARE SOULMATES AND BESTIES AT THE SAME TIME AJSFKDSHS
My Blog Is Better Than Your Vlog — okAY Y'ALL THE REASON I LOVE BELLARKE SO MUCH IS...

Your icon Paula priceless!!!

Which first handhold, Paula?
"Because I love you, you idiot!"
Old 01-20-2017, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bellamy catching Clarke in 1x02. I'm rewatching
Old 01-20-2017, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm at work

Bellarke

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 01-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Queen (View Post)
You're killing me and giving me all the feels here, Kenni. I could not agree more ... a physical relationship would be wonderful but it's not the be all and end all. What they have transcends a simple sexual, romantic relationship and I think it's the most beautiful and intimate connection that two people can ever share. Like you said, it comes out in everything they say and do and it's clear to the audience what they mean to each other.
Yep, especially the bolded. Don’t get me wrong, physicality in a relationship is nice. Very nice. Fantastic really. But it cannot replace an emotional connection. Physical intimacy can enhance and amplify emotional intimacy that already exists. But if the emotional intimacy isn’t there then the physical can lead to a false sense of emotional intimacy, which ultimately creates a void which the physical just makes all the more apparent.

Point being: Emotional trumps physical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
Kenni! This would kill me! Han/Leia feels
Right? A guy on my sister’s team at work has “I know” inscribed on his wedding band. And now I want that if I ever get married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMack (View Post)
The poor things deserve to have sex! at least as a friendship with benefits lol
For the love of all that is holy - NOOOOOOO "friendship with benefits" for these two. That would delegitimize what they’ve been through. It would be false. It would be a bajillion steps backward. A thousand times NOOOOOOOO!

Quote:
I'm not sure about Bellamy. Bellamy is really insecure as in how much he actually deserves or means anything to anyone.
I really don’t think Bellamy is even a fraction as insecure as so many people think he is. I’m not saying he doesn’t have insecurities. But that has more to do with whether or not he’s doing the right thing. He knows he’s important to others. He knows he has value and worth. He may think he doesn't deserve certain things due to the pain he’s caused, but he knows others love and care for him.

He may have doubted his value to Clarke a little bit when she left, but I think it was more that he knew just how much he meant to her, and it hurt like hell to know that despite that she was still able to leave him. But now he’s talked to Clarke about that. She knows how he feels and won’t do that to him again. They are heading into this next chapter stronger than ever.

Honestly, I think the person Bellamy is the most insecure with is Octavia. Which absolutely breaks my heart. But it goes to show that it's those you love the most who are most able to hurt you. And Octavia has a tendency to lash out. Especially at Bellamy because she knows that there is absolutely nothing she can do that will keep him from loving her and being completely devoted to her. She takes advantage of that.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree with Kenni that a "friends with benefits" situation would be the worse thing when it comes to Bellamy and Clarke relationship. It would be such a let down and I just can't see it happen (thanksfully), there is already too much emotional intimacy between them and never considered them as "friend" tbh. There is frienship in their relationship but they can not be defined as "friends", they never acted like it (mostly because of the circumstances). Bellamy and Clarke's relationship can be defined by a lot of adjectives and sure "Friends" is one of them but only using this one to define their relationship would be really reductive IMO.

As for the Han Solo/Leia parallel, I'm pretty sure that a fan asked Jason about it and that Jason admitted that the parallel was real ("but in a platonic way" of course ! ) in a tweet.

Love this article Sarah !

ETA:

Spoiler:

Icon by Sarah

To the Sky King : Bellamy Blake

Last edited by Ellfoy; 01-20-2017 at 03:25 PM
Old 01-20-2017, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic (View Post)
No lurking allowed

I've said like 400 times in this thread that I'd be fine if Bellarke would never romantic, but I also think that would blow The potential for soulmates is there. I already think they're soulmates in a way, and yes I believe you can have more than one soulmate. I know we talked about this once before and I don't remember what my answer was then, hopefully the same

These two are combination that comes along once in a long time, and they don't even need romance to display how amazing they are together.

However, if they did some smoochy smoochies I'd be like:

Old 01-20-2017, 05:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)

I've said like 400 times in this thread that I'd be fine if Bellarke would never romantic, but I also think that would blow The potential for soulmates is there. I already think they're soulmates in a way, and yes I believe you can have more than one soulmate. I know we talked about this once before and I don't remember what my answer was then, hopefully the same
This is funny because I just read a confession of a Clexa shipper about her take on Clexa and Bellarke and she had an interesting POV on "soulmates" and "the greatess love on someone life".

I'm bringing this confession over here by the way because I found it really touching and I was surprised because we do agree on a lot of points.

Quote:
I’m still traumatized from fandom and anytime I hear certain things from the mouth of [the loudest members of] Bellarke fandom, I automatically feel defensive, like as an LGBT person, because often times the negative things that come out of the darkest (and unfortunately loudest) corners of Bellarke fandom are homophobic in nature. But just as I hate being bunched in with the Cl/exas that live to drink “Bellarke tears” and strive to get everyone fired from their jobs (I work in TV so I take that **** very personally myself). I understand that there are many Bellarkers out there who just see something different in Bellarke, that they *identify* with the same wlw identify with Cl/exa, and that does not categorically make them anti LGBT stories being told on television. I think there’s just a ton of history and resentment, as a community we are not used to being written for like Jason set out to do, and many of us felt rightfully baited and betrayed. So I get the anger 100%, what I don’t get is the hate and the POINTING FINGERS, that is honestly something both fandoms are super guilty off, even the neutral ones. Hell, I’m sure I’ve done it in private to my friends when all I saw online was the hate because those are (unfortunately) the loudest ****ing people on social media across every board, you know?

But anyway, I am trying to be very open about the idea of Bellarke. I don’t hate the idea of seeing them together. I am very aware that they are being written as slow burn from the very beginning. Hell, when Le/xa points out to Clarke that she cares about Bellamy more than the rest of her people it BURNED me and I didn’t even ship Cle/xa at the time, I don’t think it was even a thing, but that jealousy is something I am all too familiar with having been in several unhealthy relationships with other bisexual women back in my baby gay years when I was still figuring out my insecurities and whatnot.

The show didn’t hurt me personally, I think Jason’s response hurt me most of all because I was still rooting for him like an idiot and then I met him. Long story short, he kinda sucks. But I won’t go into that because whatever. I never quit the show. I was at Wondercon the week after 3x07 aired. The most painful for me I think was the dismissal of the show’s LGBT fandom for ratings, but I was really proud of all the positive things that came out of it. L/exa will always be remembered as a catalyst for change in how LGBT stories, particularly that of queer women, are told. But I was just as excited for the rest of the season. Actually, 3x07 is my favorite The 100 episode because I ****ing LOVE origin stories and I think it’s one of the best scripts (not counting the stupid way L/exa was killed, which is just triggering for anyone who has had a disapproving parent or guardian ever in their lives, and I do resent that bit) also I really love Javi’s work.

Honestly it was fandom that turned me off, made it very difficult to nerd out about every episode that aired after. I honestly had almost no one to talk to but the good thing is my dad is also a huge fan of the show and we bonded when I found out. Now I fangirl with him alllll the time, it’s hilarious lol.

I think what saved me from heartbreak was that I knew L/exa would die. She was written as the antagonist of the story, and those are usually written off or killed. In the world of The 100, she was marked for death upon introduction. I agree though that she should’ve died in battle [Anna: I suggested that L/exa should have died saving Clarke from an assassination attempt from Ice Nation or something like that]. She definitely died for Clarke and I think she knew she would the second she put Clarke above her people. Her bowing to Clarke in that scene was her accepting her death sentence, and THAT is why I ship them. I warned my friends for months not to get attached or trust the writers just because “they wouldn’t do that” I mean, hello? Of course they would. This is not a happy story and has never been. I dunno what show they thought they were watching, but I feel bad for everyone that started watching just because Clarke and Lexa are both unprecedented TV characters.

Representation does matter. I know I see myself in Clarke even if I don’t agree with all of her decisions just because she is strong and defies the norm and is unapologetically bisexual which is a first for me as an avid fan of scripted television. I am proud she exists and am hella proud Le/xa existed, too. But their ship is not why I watched this show, and I think a great chunk of the Le/xa fandom solely got into the show because of Cl/exa popularity online, which is how most wlw find shows to watch honestly. Still. I think my perspective was just different from the start. I was also a fan of Finn and not Octavia’s biggest fan, so I’m like the queen of unpopular opinion. I don’t excuse Finn’s dumbass but I see so much of myself in him that it’s hard not wanting to give him all the hugs and defend him. Textbook Hufflepuff, that kid.

Sigh. I’m gonna get a few things off my chest now just so we’re clear, please bear with me….. I read on your blog the other day how bothered you are by both Jason and Eliza calling Lexa the love of her life. I will say this: if it were the other way around, if Jason and Eliza had made statements of Bellamy being that love, Bellarke fandom would be happily drinking all of the Cl/exa tears and posting pictures about it. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. I’m saying this because for everyone who held Le/xa close to their heart, her death felt like a betrayal. And having Jason recognize that love as Clarke’s greatest is a small consolation, so I get defensive when people pick that idea apart. Having said that though, I understand why it bothers you. I think ppl’s concepts of “soul mates” and “greatest love of my life” greatly differs. To a lot of people they are one in the same. For me, personally, they are not necessarily. The greatest love of *my* life was hugely toxic. It’s been a lifetime since we were romantically involved and we both have separate, happy lives over a decade later, but we are still friends and still recognize each other as the greatest of each other’s lives. For whatever reason that love was so all encompassing that it just didn’t work. I will always cherish it and remember it fondly, but it was not my last love or my soulmate even. If those even exist. I like the idea of soulmates but I don’t think I’ve met mine if that’s the case. What I’m trying to say, and I recently had this conversation with my mom who also refers to my dad as her soulmate and an old boyfriend as the greatest love of her life…. is that while I do wholeheartedly believe Le/xa was and will probably continue to be the greatest love of Clarke’s life, it does not make her who Clarke was created for, if that makes sense.

I feel like Bellamy compliments her so much. They balance each other out. And by the way I’m not calling Cle/xa toxic here, I think their love was beautiful, but it would have never worked. Had Lexa not died, had she lived, they would have “met again” sure, but I can’t think of a logical scenario within this universe in which they would’ve been able to love each other without starting a war and one or both of them dying, you know? Omg it’s just so hard to put to words to someone who solely ships one or the other. Because it’s almost like attacking their ship when I’m honestly not. I think the reason why someone is the greatest love of your life often times it’s because it didn’t work out. That’s exactly what makes them so great, because there is tragedy in having loved and lost, and losing someone makes you long for them. I don’t think Clarke will ever get over that, no matter how much she loves Bellamy, and that doesn’t mean she can’t come to love him with every fiber of her being for the rest of their natural lives.

Icon by Sarah

To the Sky King : Bellamy Blake
Old 01-20-2017, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I actually really like what that person wrote. It's extremely levelheaded, too.

I think one of the main issue with shipping wars is that some people from each ship feel the need to make sure their ship is "#1" meaning, the other ships are invalid or garbage.

I think it's important to realise that a person can love more than one person in their lifetime, and love them in different ways. I also believe you can have more than one soulmate.

My issue with some Clexa fans is that they think Clexa is the be all and end all of Clarke's life which frankly, is sad considering she's 18 years old. So she should never love again? No. And my issue with some Bellarke fans is that they are smug that Lexa died and go about expressing this in a gross way. And guess what - Bellarke isn't guaranteed.

I understand having a problem with how ships are written or portrayed onscreen, etc. but the attitude that there's one ship to rule them all is silly.
(I say this as a Max/Liz stan from Roswell, who I firmly believe were meant for eachother and nobody else but moving on...)

So I think maybe Lexa was in Clarke's life at this time for a reason, and she was supposed to be with her at the time she was and have that brief but powerful relationship with her. It will last with her forever and hopefully she can take away some things from that relationship to use in the future (if she hasn't blown up or melted by then). That does not mean that she shouldn't love again, or love someone as much as Lexa, or more than Lexa. None of that degrades what she had with Lexa, because AT THAT TIME Lexa was for her. So if and when Bellarke happens, then that's the time it was meant to happen.

Ship wars gross me out so much because it's such a stupid thing to get up in arms about. And claiming to love 1/2 of the relationship (ie. Clarke) but not wanting them to move on or be happy, is gross. And laughing in the face of fans who are mourning the 1/2 they loved, is gross.

This is my brief PSA on ship wars, until next time

Old 01-20-2017, 08:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellfoy (View Post)

ETA:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 01-20-2017, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I loved you PSA, Lisa!

I've just had to skim some of the rest because I'm dead tired and have to wake up early.

Yeah, friends with benefits is okay for an AU fanfic. Not for the show.

My friend and I finished our season one rewatch. The slow-mo scene in the finale . . . she was like, "Oh, yeah. Right there. Let's face it. The two of them. That's how it should be." Cracked me up.
ICON
Old 01-20-2017, 11:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Yeah, friends with benefits is okay for an AU fanfic. Not for the show.
Why not? Guys, I don't mean it in a Timberlake/MilaKunis fashion, I mean it as in them not aknowledging that they are in a relationship, but ending up kissing every once in a while without labelling what they have. I mean, I can't imagine them being Girlfriend and Boyfriend at the world's end, I can only imagine them being intimate without giving names to what they have. Not in a rom-com kind of way, more in a "the world is ending and we really haven't took the time to rationalise what we have". I can't see them going "I love you, we should be together". I can only see them going intimate first, labels later. That's what I meant by friendship with benefits, their friendship slowly becoming that intimate without them putting it into actual words. It's like how "I can't lose you" is their "I love you". I don't see them being direct about it, I think it's actually kinda overused. I can see them going "I can't lose you" and "I need you" another 1000 times. I mean, is there even actual "dating" terms in The 100 (well, there are the relationships that started in that 3months peace, but they were at relative peace, you know?)? It just doesn't seem like the time and place for technicalities.

Quote:
My friend and I finished our season one rewatch. The slow-mo scene in the finale . . . she was like, "Oh, yeah. Right there. Let's face it. The two of them. That's how it should be." Cracked me up.
Who could argue that?

Nah, I just can't see Bellamy being certain of how much he means to Clarke. I see Bellamy as a giver. He gives and he doesn't usually expect something back. Alie's words to him were all about what he already told himself over and over, and those included questioning his value to Clarke (the devoted knight by his queens side). That and Bob's words on how Bellamy sees Clarke as more important than him. That and all the times Clarke had to talk him into staying and helping the kids. I don't think he's realised his value half as much as he could've by now. I think Bellamy's that kind of person who does things for others, to help them, but actually gets surprised when he's helped back. Clarke is a tad bit like this, but has a waaay more concrete idea of her importance and value in that world than he does. imo.

Quote:
I was also a fan of Finn and not Octavia’s biggest fan, so I’m like the queen of unpopular opinion.
Please, I'm the one little soldier who still likes Jaha in this fandom

I agree with her on Bellarke, and on how Clexa just wouldn't work anyway. I also agree on how she was bound to die, no matter what other roles she got. It was just a matter of time. The rest, I respectfully disagree. I just don't see it. To me, Bellamy is, will be and have been Clarke's greatest love and "the love of her life" undoubtfully, for many many reasons. At least that's what I see the show telling me. No matter if it becomes romantic or not. If they become a romance they'll be almost unprecedental in my list of ships and if they don't, they'll be Riley and Maya. But it's nice seeing a clexa shipper admitting to have seen Bellarke from the start every once in a while, doesn't happen that often (it doesn't bind me to agree with how the show dealt clexa though).

Thanks for bringing this curious "little" text around, Go

As for what Lisa said, yeah, I see how Lexa was important to Clarke's storyline. I agree she had to influence Clarke at that moment as a part of Clarke's journey as a leader and that's all. I didn't like what she was becoming there, but she had to go that path so she could know later not to fall into that perspective of leadership. It was a necessary clash of visions and it was needed to show us more of grounder culture. Lexa was the ying to Finn's yang, as I like to say. Clarke couldn't commit to any vision. She couldn't just be all heart, nor all head. She had to find a balance. That was her journey. I think it's cool that she showed Lexa that balance and that Lexa represented a momentary peace with the grounders, and I'll leave the rest of my opinion to tumblr, since any other input I have on their dynamic is definitely not clexa friendly
"Because I love you, you idiot!"

Last edited by AnaMack; 01-21-2017 at 12:29 AM
Old 01-21-2017, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ship wars just suck in general and it's even worse imo to not one half of the relationship to move on and be happy with someone else after that relationship ends.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:40 AM
Elite Fan

Ahh so many wonderful and thoughtful posts. I will catch up tonight when I have some peace and quiet

Have a wonderful day guys, ttys

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 01-21-2017, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Talk to you later.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know if I will get the chance to post today, so just a quick HAVE A GOOD DAY from me!
ICON