Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

I highly doubt Anna will be keeping Lisa, so there's that...

However I do think in the off chance there is a S3, then Anna losing some, is required.
One thing she could lose? Amy. If she goes then Anna loses her control over humans, and also the one "daughter" she actually seems to like.
If Erica stays true to what she told Ryan that she'll get Amy out (or if Amy gets somehow killed by project Ares or something like that) that will be quite a loss for Anna.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay. Just read that article piece and while I may like Morena's portrayal of Anna, that doesn't mean I want to suddenly 'root' for the V's. Even if the human story is sucking right about now.

Quote:
Because she's a special hybrid child. Of course, the writers of this show would never scientifically explain it.
I still don't understand how her 'V' half, which is where 'blissing' is inherited from, makes it any easier for her to 'bliss' than Anna. Because the human part of her is not connected to 'blissing' at all - it's not a human trait, so ... yeah. That 'hybrid' label is assumedly thrown at us without much explanation.

Quote:
Exactly why I hate that. Erica has just continued to lose everything while Anna continues to gain everything she wants. So Erica will have no son next season (if there is) while Anna will have 3 daughters and that's just messed up. The wins between Anna and Erica are so uneven it's ridiculous.
And with the popularity and attention highlighted more on Morena/Anna, I think that will continue to be the case. Which I don't have a problem with, my problem is the distribution of protagonistic and antagonistic storyline that is balanced, which is what's not happening. We have our villain being catered to with 'protagonist-themed' story material while our 'supposed' leading protagonist character, ERica, is all over the place with 'dark themes.'

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie (View Post)
I highly doubt Anna will be keeping Lisa, so there's that...

However I do think in the off chance there is a S3, then Anna losing some, is required.
One thing she could lose? Amy. If she goes then Anna loses her control over humans, and also the one "daughter" she actually seems to like.
If Erica stays true to what she told Ryan that she'll get Amy out (or if Amy gets somehow killed by project Ares or something like that) that will be quite a loss for Anna.
Amy will probably turn against Anna at some point, but I don't expect it to do humanity any good because she will probably become the new big villain of the story and try to wipe out humans and V's alike. As for Erica saving Amy, I don't see that happening once she hears that Amy killed her own father. Erica will probably view Amy as another evil V threat that needs to be taken out asap.

Quote:
I still don't understand how her 'V' half, which is where 'blissing' is inherited from, makes it any easier for her to 'bliss' than Anna. Because the human part of her is not connected to 'blissing' at all - it's not a human trait, so ... yeah. That 'hybrid' label is assumedly thrown at us without much explanation.
Don't think too much about it Heather. It's magic. That's all you need to know.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 03-18-2011 at 05:33 PM
Old 03-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Amy will probably turn against Anna at some point, but I don't expect it to do humanity any good because she will probably become the new big villain of the story and try to wipe out humans and V's alike. As for Erica saving Amy, I don't see that happening once she hears that Amy killed her own father. Erica will probably view Amy as another evil V threat that needs to be taken out asap.
I'm VERY skeptical on the ERica/hybrid plot point that involves any rescuing out of this. At this juncture, even if ERica were to follow through with it and miraculously get herself close enough to the girl to take her - there wouldn't be much storyline to it because Amy can just magically bliss this human woman out of doing it now. Either that, or Erica will look so duped, and be made to seem like a fool before Project Ares, after Amy backstabs her and allows herself to be rescued into 'Resistance headquarters' so that she can spy for her beloved 'MOTHER' Anna too. I would like to say the difference for Amy will be that she hasn't had contact with a human woman yet and would feel a different instantaneous connection to one, that's different from Anna, which would lead to her willingly leaving with ERica, but ... Hell No Way! Never going to happen.

Quote:
Don't think too much about it Heather. It's magic. That's all you need to know.
Yeah, you're right - it's V, ala. ... Charmed style. Maybe there's a 'Book of Shadows' lurking somewhere aboard the Mothership too, one that explains Amy's 'magical' abilities. Better yet, maybe 'Melinda Warren' is her ancestor too, now THAT would explain how her human side is finally connected into all of THIS mess!!!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I'm VERY skeptical on the ERica/hybrid plot point that involves any rescuing out of this. At this juncture, even if ERica were to follow through with it and miraculously get herself close enough to the girl to take her - there wouldn't be much storyline to it because Amy can just magically bliss this human woman out of doing it now. Either that, or Erica will look so duped, and be made to seem like a fool before Project Ares, after Amy backstabs her and allows herself to be rescued into 'Resistance headquarters' so that she can spy for her beloved 'MOTHER' Anna too. I would like to say the difference for Amy will be that she hasn't had contact with a human woman yet and would feel a different instantaneous connection to one, that's different from Anna, which would lead to her willingly leaving with ERica, but ... Hell No Way! Never going to happen.
If we are being honest, Amy doesn't need saving. Even if she were to become good down the road, she could simply bliss all the V's around her and take off. Not that I think it will ever happen though. At least not in a positive context.

Quote:
Yeah, you're right - it's V, ala. ... Charmed style. Maybe there's a 'Book of Shadows' lurking somewhere aboard the Mothership too, one that explains Amy's 'magical' abilities. Better yet, maybe 'Melinda Warren' is her ancestor too, now THAT would explain how her human side is finally connected into all of THIS mess!!!
That's a very cool theory. It's such a shame that we never saw Valerie displaying any of her supernatural abilities.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

I found this:

Old 03-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Another one with a 'green' background, lol.

Quote:
If we are being honest, Amy doesn't need saving. Even if she were to become good down the road, she could simply bliss all the V's around her and take off. Not that I think it will ever happen though. At least not in a positive context.
True. This 'blissing' storyline is so convoluted, I just don't even know where to begin to make sense of it. With her V side or human side?! Even from the V side, I'm questioning how it's possible. We haven't seen any other V demonstrate this ability, so I would naturally assume, this is something that passes down in the Queen line. But Amy doesn't come from Anna, she comes from Valerie, so how is she in line to become Queen?! That would be Lisa or Anna's other Queen Egg that hatched - Dupe!Lisa. Amy wouldn't be, so how is she blissing in this V context anyway?!

Quote:
That's a very cool theory. It's such a shame that we never saw Valerie displaying any of her supernatural abilities.
Oh, but she did! Remember, her 'magical pregnancy'?! It happened so fast, she was giving birth in the blink of an eye. Way to go Valerie. Anna needed the help of Joshua and 'age acceleration' technology to make Amy grow that fast.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
True. This 'blissing' storyline is so convoluted, I just don't even know where to begin to make sense of it. With her V side or human side?! Even from the V side, I'm questioning how it's possible. We haven't seen any other V demonstrate this ability, so I would naturally assume, this is something that passes down in the Queen line. But Amy doesn't come from Anna, she comes from Valerie, so how is she in line to become Queen?! That would be Lisa or Anna's other Queen Egg that hatched - Dupe!Lisa. Amy wouldn't be, so how is she blissing in this V context anyway?!
But see, Anna and Amy love each other and their strong and awesome love connection has magically given Amy the ability to bliss. It's just another form of telepathy.

Quote:
Oh, but she did! Remember, her 'magical pregnancy'?! It happened so fast, she was giving birth in the blink of an eye. Way to go Valerie. Anna needed the help of Joshua and 'age acceleration' technology to make Amy grow that fast.
Shoot, you got me there Heather. I take it Valerie had a magic womb, then?
Old 03-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
But see, Anna and Amy love each other and their strong and awesome love connection has magically given Amy the ability to bliss. It's just another form of telepathy.
Well, gosh, that's it! I forgot about that telepathy, it can be a real 'killer.'

Quote:
Shoot, you got me there Heather. I take it Valerie had a magic womb, then?
Yup. Spot on.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Some promo photos of Morena's guest appearance on The Mentalist: Photos of Morena Baccarin in THE MENTALIST “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” Season 3 Episode 19 | Daemon's TV
Old 03-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for that. Morena looks great. I'll have to check that episode out.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

I just found this gif:

Source

Old 03-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Creepy.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:28 AM
Elite Fan

That gif is so creepy! But awesome at the same time