Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2002, 10:21 AM
Supreme Fan

Joey and Phoebe Appreciation: Because we'll always have faith that it'll happen.

We had a list of reasons that's been wiped out with the boards, but I'm pretty sure "Because Joey gave Phoebe the perfect kiss" was on top of that list. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

This is the thread for appreciation of Phoebe and Joey...as a potential couple. They play off of each other very well, it's always interesting to watch.

So let's start the J/P lovin', shall we?

Last edited by girl in a cardigan; 07-31-2004 at 10:21 PM
Old 09-30-2002, 11:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

i love phoebe and joey. they are so great. i hope this season they'll get finally together. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2002, 01:29 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm glad to see that we're back.

Here's some pics that I just know all of you will [img]smilies/love.gif[/img].

Speaking of the perfect kiss, I just had to post the scene in Central Perk before the kiss/the perfect kiss scene.

[Scene: Pheeb’s b-day, she’s telling everyone what she found out through her sister that she really turned 31 not 30.]

Phoebe: I lost a whole year! I can’t believe it! This is so unfair!

Joey: Oh, I don’t know Pheebs. It’ll be okay.

Phoebe: Will it? Will it?! I mean, how would you feel if you found out you were 31?

Joey: That’s not gonna happen. No. (Looks up) Because we have a new deal!

Phoebe: Plus, it totally ruined my schedule! I…I haven’t done any of the things I wanted to do by the time I was 31!

Joey: Like what?

Phoebe: Like okay I-I-I, I haven’t met any Portuguese people! I, I haven’t had the perfect kiss! And I haven’t been to sniper’s school!

Monica: Phoebe, y’know why don’t we just go upstairs and have some birthday cake?

Phoebe: No, I just feel like being by myself for a while. All right? I’ll see you guys later. Thanks. (Gets up and exits.)

Rachel: Hey. (After she leaves.) Oh, poor Pheebs.

Joey: Hey, y’know what you guys? I think I’m gonna go walk her home.

(Gets up and runs out.)

Monica: Oh man!

Chandler: What?

Monica: He’s gonna eat the cake!

[Cut outside, Joey is catching up with Phoebe.]

Joey: Pheebs! Wait up! (She stops.) Listen uh, close your eyes. (She does so/Joey passionately kisses her.) Maybe that’s one thing you can cross off your list.

Phoebe: Oh yeah.

(Joey starts to walk away, but stops.)

Joey: Oh, and plus I’m 1/16th Portuguese.

Phoebe: Oh! (Phoebe walks away smiling.)

[ 09-30-2002: Message edited carby_believer ]

ღ Malex ♥ Sante ♥ Barchie ღ
💚VLAMIS | ZAMPROGNA | BLACKBURN💚
Old 10-01-2002, 10:02 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for posting that scene! It's so hard for me to pick favorite scenes, but that one ranks pretty high up there. This one really makes me happy when I watch it, though...

Quote:
Joey: Oh good, uh you're here. Uh Pheebs? Listen uh sit down. I-I got something I want to say.

Phoebe: All right. (She sits down like she's pregnant again.)

Joey: Umm, now uh... It's a scary world out there, especially for a single mom. Y'know, now I always thought you and I had a special bond so... (He goes to one knee and pulls out a ring.) Phoebe Buffay, will you marry me?

Monica: Oh my God! Joey!

Phoebe: Hell yeah! I'll marry you! (She grabs the ring and puts it on.)

Monica: You can't marry him!

Phoebe: Hey lady, your day's over! It's my turn!

Monica: Phoebe!

Joey: Why?! Why can't she marry me?!

Phoebe: I can and I will! (Kisses him.)
Hee hee. Even if they don't get together, I hope they have way more interaction this season, there wasn't much focus on them as friends last season.
Old 10-01-2002, 10:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

Wow, even before FF went away, I haven't been here in a while. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I still love the idea of Phoebe and Joey together. Love all the pics and scenes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2002, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Here is the short video from the Emmy's where the Friends makeout, including Joey/Phoebe (Matt/Lisa). Please SAVE TARGET AS to save my bandwidth [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
http://www.sparkling-dreams.net/matt...ds_makeout.mpg
Old 10-02-2002, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for that clip Jenn. Even though the Ross/Mon kiss was kind of disturbing [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img], I loved Lisa/Matt's kiss on the emmys. That doesn't count as their one kiss for the season though, does it? I hope not. We need to see some more kissing on the show between those two. This once a year during about half of the seasons is killing me.

Maria ~ That scene is my favorite. Although seeing him say the same thing to Rachel kind of ruined it a little bit for me.

Another scene that I love from Season 8 is a scene from the epi *The One Where Rachel Tells*.

Quote:
[Joe/Rach's apartment, Joey and Phoebe are entering the apartment.]

Phoebe: Oh, it's so romantic to send people off on their honeymoon.

Joey: Y’know, Monica and Chandler are married. Ross and Rachel are having a baby. Maybe you and I should do something.

Phoebe: All in good time my love. All in good time. Oh shoot! I left my guitar in their apartment. Well you can let me in later.

Joey: I don’t have a key, they took mine to give to you.

Phoebe: What?! They took mine to give to you!

Joey: Why would they take away our keys?

Phoebe: Maybe they don’t trust us.

Joey: No that’s not it. They let me keep my key the last time they were out of town.

Phoebe: You mean the time you broke the ketchup bottle and cleaned it up with Monica’s guest towels?

Joey: Hey, I washed those!

Phoebe: No you didn’t.

Joey: Yeah that didn’t sound like me.

Phoebe: Well, what am I gonna do? I really need my guitar!

Joey: Yeah, I have stuff in there too.

Phoebe: What stuff?

Joey: Monica’s chicken parm! I’ll take care of it. (He picks up the phone) Hey Mr. Treeger, it’s Joey Tribbiani. Listen, I need to get into Monica and Chandler’s apartment. It’s an emergency. (Listens) Uhh, gas leak! Yeah oh, and bring garlic bread. (Hangs up.)

And Lisa gives the perfect touch to that scene when she touches his chin softly after she says 'All in good time my love'. And that look on his face after she does that/turns away is priceless. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Carie [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-02-2002: Message edited carby_believer ]

ღ Malex ♥ Sante ♥ Barchie ღ
💚VLAMIS | ZAMPROGNA | BLACKBURN💚
Old 10-03-2002, 03:39 PM
Loyal Fan

i hope joey and phoebe do get together this season..they would make cute couple.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]..
"You want bread?"
"Yes, please."
"Three dollars!"
"What?"
"No soup for you!"
- George and the Soup Nazi, in "The Soup Nazi"
Old 10-27-2002, 09:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

i'd be so dissapointed if they don't hook up by the end of the season!

IMO phoebe has more than just friends feelings towards joey, but i still don't know what he feels for phoebe! (hope the same way in the end). [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2002, 11:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi people! I'm new in the Friends board but I like too much Phoebe and Joey togheter!

Literati,Immortal lovers,djer,LoVe,Fab,JJ,Shimmer,Breakfast,Spooners,Betty&Armando,Lety&Fer,Nikita&Michael,Jordan&Woody
Old 11-06-2002, 12:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

hi all! i am new to the 'friends' board.but not a new fan! lol..i have always thought that they were gonna get together..i believe that in the end all the friends characters are going to end up together..it would be way to cute and perfect [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] but i think that the time when rachel and phoebe were picking between ross and joey for who they would end up marrying if they werent married by the time they were a certain age and rachel got ross and phoebe got joey..it was such a sign that they were gonna be together in the end! look for the lil signs...hehe..muah

[ 11-05-2002: Message edited AmericanIdoLL ]
Old 11-10-2002, 12:16 AM
Elite Fan

A present for you guys!

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2002, 10:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

omg that is great! thanks! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] good job.hehe
Old 11-11-2002, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

You're welcome, I just watched TOW They All Turn Thirty and I just loved that "perfect" kiss that Joey gave her.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2002, 09:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Hi all - I just wanted to say that I completely agree. I've always wanted Joey and Phoebe to end up together, and I hope they do before the end of the series. They seem so ideal for one another, and it would just be so cute and a fitting ending.