Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetywords (View Post)
I understand that even platonic friends can hold hands without it being sexual, but when Damon and Elena grasp each others hands, there is something very intimate about it - especially during the hand holding session in the finale. It gives me more than platonic vibes, and I just... I can't even.

It's extremely intimate and one of a kind grasp only Damon and Elena can have. It's special in every meaning of that word.

Hey Caroooo!

Yep, Steph must be patient and wait till Callista can send her testimonial. We cannot have a new OP without her input in it, no way!

D&E
Old 05-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucas <3 (View Post)
all DE's scene's songs are in the 2nd post in the OP that should help create your playlist
That's probably a good place to start. Thanks Mel.
Andrea|twitter
Old 05-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Paulina!!
Karla!! btw bb I just started following in Twitter! like...yesterday I think

what's going on in DE land guys? are we still in our happy place? I know I am!

Caro
Old 05-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

She stroke his hand the whole time in that sceene. Stroking someones hand means that the person love the other one. That has such something intimate and also people just express their love while doing it, they don´t even realize that. I always stroke the hands of my children, while doing it I realize that it´s because I love them so MUCH.
"That's the fun of it. It's waiting and waiting and dissecting every little time he does something nice thing for her, and how it makes her feel - that anticipation, that build-up" ~ Julie Plec about Damon & Elena

Jana
Old 05-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKarlaCruz (View Post)
Pau, I've seen you talking about things you're passionate of (The Bronze Horseman) and I know how beautifully you express your ideas and thoughts You're awesome
Thank you, you're so kind, sweetie! Oh, The Bronze Horseman just liberates the beast, that's for sure. I can go on and on about it for hours, endlessly!

D&E
Old 05-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
are we still in our happy place?
Nothing can burst my happy DE bubble.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

so much word Crystal NOTHING can burst OUR happy DE bubble

Caro
Old 05-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

There is definitely something so overwhelmingly intimate in the bedroom scene, and that is due, in large part, to the hand holding. At the beginning of the scene, when Elena is trying so desperately to calm Damon, she immediately reaches for his hand, rubbing it, stroking it, trying desperately to soothe him that way. And she doesn't let go of his hand once in that entire scene, not when she shifts down to cuddle him, not when she lifts her head once again. I once read somewhere that there is nothing more intimate than hand holding, because when you hold someone's hand, you're holding their life: all their hard work, all their duties, all their labors, everything they've ever done. People do everything with their hands, and in a way, holding someone's hand means holding their life. I know, that sounds cheesy, but it's kind of true. In some respects, it can be platonic, but in this case... it was something more than that. It was so intimate.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Extreme Fan

The Bronze Horseman. That is what you and Karla were raving over the one day on my TL. I couldn't remember the name. All I knew is that I so desperately wanted to read it.

Quote:
She stroke his hand the whole time in that sceene. Stroking someones hand means that the person love the other one. That has such something intimate and also people just express their love while doing it, they don´t even realize that. I always stroke the hands of my children, while doing it I realize that it´s because I love them so MUCH.
You know, I didn't even think of it that way, but now that you've said it, it makes so much sense. I've always thought that DE never needed words to express how much they care about each other. It's in the way they look at each other, in the way their body language is, and in the way they touch.
Andrea|twitter
Old 05-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy at heart (View Post)
She did it once before too, she likes to affectionately rub Damon's hand/arms. That means the world to me. These feelings, babe, are going to surface and it will be epic and hard to deal with, Elena.

Caro, we're always in a DE bubble! Remember that everything is DE and nothing hurts?! Now there is no other saying that could more accurately mirror our states.

D&E
Old 05-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Caro, what's your sn so I can follow back?

Oh, I know you can Paulina

icon | Karla
Old 05-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallistaHogan (View Post)
There is definitely something so overwhelmingly intimate in the bedroom scene, and that is due, in large part, to the hand holding. At the beginning of the scene, when Elena is trying so desperately to calm Damon, she immediately reaches for his hand, rubbing it, stroking it, trying desperately to soothe him that way. And she doesn't let go of his hand once in that entire scene, not when she shifts down to cuddle him, not when she lifts her head once again. I once read somewhere that there is nothing more intimate than hand holding, because when you hold someone's hand, you're holding their life: all their hard work, all their duties, all their labors, everything they've ever done. People do everything with their hands, and in a way, holding someone's hand means holding their life. I know, that sounds cheesy, but it's kind of true. In some respects, it can be platonic, but in this case... it was something more than that. It was so intimate.
CALLISTA Why so epic?

THIS IS PERFECT. I AM DEAD.
Andrea|twitter
Old 05-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MademoisellePaulina (View Post)
She did it once before too, she likes to affectionately rub Damon's hand/arms. That means the world to me. These feelings, babe, are going to surface and it will be epic and hard to deal with, Elena.

Caro, we're always in a DE bubble! Remember that everything is DE and nothing hurts?! Now there is no other saying that could more accurately mirror our states.
definitely!!! I agree with all of you, that scene was so intimate and well done and I LOOVEE when they hold hands, and we know is not the first time those little actions make me love them EVEN MORE (if that's even possible)

Caro
Old 05-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

"That's the fun of it. It's waiting and waiting and dissecting every little time he does something nice thing for her, and how it makes her feel - that anticipation, that build-up" ~ Julie Plec about Damon & Elena

Jana
Old 05-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetywords (View Post)
The Bronze Horseman. That is what you and Karla were raving over the one day on my TL. I couldn't remember the name. All I knew is that I so desperately wanted to read it.

You know, I didn't even think of it that way, but now that you've said it, it makes so much sense. I've always thought that DE never needed words to express how much they care about each other. It's in the way they look at each other, in the way their body language is, and in the way they touch.
It looks like I have to read The Bronze Horseman if my soulmate is raving over it.

That's one of the things I love the most about Damon/Elena. They never need words. Words are only a bonus when it comes to these two. In so many ways, the facial expressions, the actions, served a much larger role in the bedroom scene than their words did. The words mean the world, of course, but their actions and gestures toward each other mean just as much. I just adore that one contradiction, that paradox, when Damon said that it would always be Stefan for Elena, and then... she snuggled closer to him. She put her head on his chest, she shifted closer to him. She didn't push away; she drew closer. Then Elena's face crumple when Damon said that he loved her... that says it all. The actions spoke so much louder than words in that scene. The words were relatively scarce, simple, quietly spoken, but the gestures just showed how much they truly mean to each other, how much their connection has grown (and will grow).