Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayitandimyours (View Post)
So Polish is harder to learn than Russian??
Yeah, definitely. It's thought to be the hardest language, followed by exactly Russian, Hungarian, Estonian and what's funny, Chinese is the third the most difficult. I mean..
Quote:
Extremely Hard: The hardest language to learn is: Polish - Seven Cases, Seven Genders and very difficult pronunciation. Average English speaker is fluent at about the age 12; the average Polish speaker is fluent in their language not until age 16. .
Plus, I learn Russian at uni. It gives me a hard time but you can be an intermediate speaker faster than you'd achieve the same level in Polish.

Well, it depends. Cyrilic letters are hard. I still read kinda like a retard in Russian, after so much learning. The spelling is dreadfully difficult in Polish, but so is in Russian, trust me. I can get it right. I'm horrible at it. Although in Polish I have a natural gift I guess. I even won some spelling contests back in the time.

D&E
Old 04-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

Yo,yo, yo I'm back
Old 04-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Ohhh I gotcha. So you learned Polish?

Ohh thanks for the info Paulina! I always thought Chinese or Japenese would be the hardest, but its Polish. Ahh I'd be too scared to even try to learn.

Hey Pauline!

Tumblr|Abby
Old 04-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsjulia<3 (View Post)
Polish speaking Paul is hot!!! He is really good.
Paul, or should I say Paweł, is Polish. But you already knew that, didn't you?
Old 04-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Pauline, my bb! How are you!

Manne, that's right. His real name's Paweł. (I'm proud that you used the "ł" letter. )

D&E
Old 04-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Wow I suck at writing in Polish Reading isn't that hard for me and talking is pretty good. I went to Polish school once a week for 6 or 7 years and I still speak that language all the time. But since English is my first language I tend to speak using both languages in sentences without even realizing

That's great Paulina. You know so many languages

Hey Pauline and Manne
Old 04-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsjulia<3 (View Post)
Wow I suck at writing in Polish Reading isn't that hard for me and talking is pretty good. I went to Polish school once a week for 6 or 7 years and I still speak that language all the time. But since English is my first language I tend to speak using both languages in sentences without even realizing

That's great Paulina. You know so many languages

Hey Pauline and Manne
It's the same with my cousins in Australia. They speak English as their first language and speak pretty good Polish but then again their parents (my aunt and uncle) tend to mix both languages English and Polish when talking to Polish listeners. It's funny and can be annoying for some poeple but for me it's really not. They can't help it they find themselves being short of words and just replace the gaps with the ones they know in English, right? It's a normal tendency.

Oh, I really don't know that many. I wouldn't say I know them well, either. English, obviously I use everyday and it's going well but others I'm in a learning process with them, not an advanced speaker or anything.

D&E
Old 04-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MademoisellePaulina (View Post)
Manne, that's right. His real name's Paweł. (I'm proud that you used the "ł" letter. )
You just made me smile so big! Look ->

I don't know why but I totally love Paweł Wasilewski much more than Paul Wesley.
His Polish name is so .. I really can't put it into words.. I just love his Polish name so much.
It has a nice ring to it

Sorry for being OT
Old 04-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

Everyone Paulina, I'm good, what about you lovely?

Awww talking about Poland Sweet!
Old 04-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

So do you speak English perfectly without an accent, Paulina? You write amazingly so I'm guessing..

It does have a nice ring to it
Old 04-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh-Ian (View Post)
You just made me smile so big! Look ->

I don't know why but I totally love Paweł Wasilewski much more than Paul Wesley.
His Polish name is so .. I really can't put it into words.. I just love his Polish name so much.
It has a nice ring to it

Sorry for being OT
We've been kinda OT for a while now.. Don't worry.

When you say Paweł Wasilewski in a hoarse whisper, it sounds really sexy. I agree, it has indeed a nice ring to it! I understand why he uses the English version though.. Majority of people would break their tongues on "Wasilewski", even though it's a pretty common surname in Polish circles.. I mean, there are ones a lot harder to pronounce.

Ahh, thank you Julia. It means so much for me! I guess my accent has a vague touch of Polish every now and then but I've done everything I could to overcome the horrific "hard speech sounds" that we have in Polish so I THINK it's okay. I love talking in English every occassion I get so I can practise freeing myself of the hardness we Polish people pronounce some speech sounds with.

D&E

Last edited by MademoisellePaulina; 04-23-2011 at 02:25 PM
Old 04-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

All common Polish last names end with a -ski
Old 04-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Paulina when did you learn English, and do many people in Poland speak English?

I really liked the episode where Nina spoke Bulgarian

Tumblr|Abby
Old 04-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yes I loved seeing Nina talking Bulgarian but I've been told by a bulgarian that she doesn't talk very well
Old 04-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Bugs me how the CW don't have HD promos, i just want to see Damon's expression dammit! But i caaaaaan't. The quality of this promo is particularly bad

Twitter: gc123x - Give me a follow