Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

Isn't she Bulgarian though?
Old 04-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayitandimyours (View Post)
Paulina when did you learn English, and do many people in Poland speak English?

I really liked the episode where Nina spoke Bulgarian
Oh, at school, obviously. But I quickly realized limiting myself to learning such an international language only at school won't get me anywhere far. So, I decided to take up extra lessons at home and I was taking them for like 6 years or so. I'm not anymore but I want to take some so I can pass CPE with flying colours.

Quite a lot. It's trendy to show off with English, sorta. In some circles, I mean. The adolescents you can count on as it comes to English, they do apply to it, even if they seem careless about other subjects at school. People in their 20-30s can speak English but the further you go, there are people mostly more fluent in Russian or German. Of course, we talk about people with upper education and higher.

Ahahah, she doesn't speak good Bulgarian? That's a bugger! I always thought she does. Boo! I guess it's understandable though, after all she moved to Canada when she was like 2 years old or something so the only connection she's had ever since is her family speaking Bulgarian, but then again she obviously grew up speaking English mostly. It makes sense.

D&E
Old 04-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

They look so happy together♥
Old 04-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Aww she has such a huge smile on her face.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Juliana, are a new fan? Are you on the shipper list? We haven't met, I'm Paulina. Nice to meet you!

Quote:
Aww she has such a huge smile on her face.
Just the way we love it.

D&E
Old 04-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

Georgina, I know, the quality is awful! I did an animation of the scene but the quality is awful

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsjulia<3 (View Post)
Isn't she Bulgarian though?
Yes she is but she left Bulgaria at the age of 2. She was still a baby then so she didn't have much vocabulary and in Canada she mostly talked English. English is her real first language, she learnt the bulrgarian bases after!
Old 04-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey Juliana I'm Abby! Nice to meet you as well

Awwwh see Elena always lights up around Damon. She's usually so preoccupied with vampire drama and worry, but in the majority of their moments she's so much more relaxed.

Paulina that's really great how dedicated you are to languages. I speak fluent Spanish and I know sign language(my best friend and neighbor is deaf so she taught me when I was younger), but I really would like to tackle another language.

Tumblr|Abby
Old 04-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

Oh ok thanks Pauline and Paulina
Old 04-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauline<3 (View Post)
Georgina, I know, the quality is awful! I did an animation of the scene but the quality is awful

Yes she is but she left Bulgaria at the age of 2. She was still a baby then so she didn't have much vocabulary and in Canada she mostly talked English. English is her real first language, she learnt the bulrgarian bases after!
She sounds so sweet speaking Bulgarian. I want a Katerina flashback when she speaks like full sentences. It'll be fun to hear!

Oh, and Pauline, I'm good, very good! Excited about Easter and delicious courses appearing on the family table. IDK what it's like where you live, but in Poland we celebrate Easter like no other holiday. Plus, it's sunny and lovely outside, I'm feeling optimistic and my BESTEST in the whole world ship is doing well.. HOW COULD I NOT BE DOING SWELL.

D&E
Old 04-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

So I'm not the only one excited about the food for Easter But it's rainy here
Old 04-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

That smile of her face says it all really. Look how happy she is when she's with him. I thought there was a lot that was telling about why they are perfect for each other. But their mutual love of dancing is just one of many. But it made me very happy.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds awesome Paulina! Easter also usually means eggs hunt, chocolate and good meal but my family is coming back from Cuba and they told me they've enough fat and they want diet meals tomorrow No easter this year

Oh yeah Katherine speaking bulgarian would be sweet! Oh gosh no I'm picturing Nina telling Ian dirty words in Bulgarian! Oh ok me
Old 04-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

OMG that comment was hilarious Pauline
Old 04-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Passionate Fan

That dance was yet another huge breakthrough moment for DE IMO. Made me so happy..actually it still makes me ecstatic.

I can't wait for tomorrow either! After church I'll be going to my aunts for brunch. I can't wait to completely pig out.

Pauline...you dirty girl.. Hahah actually I'm picturing that now and I gotta say that would be pretty steamy

Tumblr|Abby
Old 04-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayitandimyours (View Post)
Awwwh see Elena always lights up around Damon. She's usually so preoccupied with vampire drama and worry, but in the majority of their moments she's so much more relaxed.

Paulina that's really great how dedicated you are to languages. I speak fluent Spanish and I know sign language(my best friend and neighbor is deaf so she taught me when I was younger), but I really would like to tackle another language.
She's always done that. When she put dishes to dishwasher in 1x03, she smiled so cutely and innocently when he came to help. Obviously he had a hidden agenda back then but we all do know how she surprised him about Katherine, so.. YEAH. His ability to make her smile no matter the tragic circumstances, is magical. So tell me about amazigness of their relationship.. HAHAHAH!

Oh, it's so cool and useful! In my entire life I haven't met a single person who was deaf.. what a drama..
It's great you're fluent in Spanish. It's one of these languages I know I want to be fluent in one day, too. Along with French and Russian but seriously, the Russian spelling is gonna kill me sooner than I'll be able to ace it.

D&E