Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2011, 04:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Not enough Caro. Hated that.
Preach! Now that I'm re-watching I'm wondering why the hell she's stuck with Matt all the time when she could have easily had scenes with Damon/Bonnie/Stefan/Elena/Alaric-Klaus/Jeremy.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiCaRdiBrEeZa (View Post)
Preach! Now that I'm re-watching I'm wondering why the hell she's stuck with Matt all the time when she could have easily had scenes with Damon/Bonnie/Stefan/Elena/Alaric-Klaus/Jeremy.
. I loved how she asked Elena what's wrong. She was very firm. It sucks. Because Caro cares about her girls just as much as Bonnie/Elena does. But nada.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany45 (View Post)
I shouldn't be surpised by this post at all. Stefan wasn't only concerned with Elena's welfare, but with people's lives. Look it is very obvious that you only see things through Damon's eyes, so it makes it easy for you to criticize everything that Stefan does or doesn't do. You people criticize Stefan for doing to much and then for not doing what you think is right. Make up your damn minds, Stefan just can't win with you haters.

If Damon was Elena's boyfriend you can bet your ass that he would be handling it the same way as Stefan, because just like Damon said he doesn't care if he dies or if everyone hates him or anything. Damon has nothing to lose so he can be rash and make moves like that. And also if Stefan had of pulled this going behind your back move like Damon did, Stefan would be getting all kinds of hate from you. Again he can't win. I am just thankful that the writers seem to have Stefan man-up and tell Damon to back off and to kick his preachy ass. Infact I bet you Stefan is the mastermind who ends up beating all them at this little game.

To all you Stefan fans and I know that there is tons of you out there. You should avoid coming here to this Stefan hatefest that they have in here every single week. I guess some fans can't stand how much the fans and writers love Stefan and how much Elena loves him and not Damon.
Whoaaa, let's calm down here. This is exactly why I never get involved in discussions here.

People are allowed to have their opinions, I don't even know what is going on tbh, but just because people are expressing maybe something that they thought Stefan did wrong or something, doesn't mean that they're "haters". I for one love Stefan, even before I loved Damon because I used to be a SE shipper, but that doesn't mean that I don't find things that I disagree with. Maybe I'm in no room to talk here because I really don't know what's going on. I for one do not think it's a hate fest in here though, even when things do get kind of intense.

Elena does love Stefan, I don't think anyone is arguing that but that doesn't mean that in the future she won't love Damon, so I don't get what you're saying by that.

Also, one more thing. There is PLENTY of Damon hate. Far more than any other character on this show, so I guess you can say the same thing about Damon. It's on a completely different level than the Stefan hate that goes around. Whatever that might be, I don't know because I honestly haven't really seen much Stefan hate in comparison. That's all I have to say, just had to get it out there, lol.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Elite Fan

BONNIE BENNETT FTW.

I have nothing else to add.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

^ what O said. Basically.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Disorder (View Post)
BONNIE BENNETT FTW.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Disorder (View Post)
BONNIE BENNETT FTW.

Pretty mucccchhhh, this.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

The sad thing is that although I enjoyed the episode, the complete overhype from the cast, crew, writers and that idiot over at Zap2it over what was going to go down ruined it. The episode was good, there was some great character development and acting but the borderline bragging over what an ~epic episode it was going to be was ridonculous. They didn't deliver us the high expectations that they continuously told us to have for last night and that kept sticking in the back of my mind.

Nice to see Damon thinking on his feet with his plan. I get why he didn't tell Stefan, he had to be quick to ensure Bonnie's ~death was buyable. I liked his scenes with Elena for the most part and I loved his scenes with Bonnie (probably the first time I've ever seen those two deliver chemistry). I like the effect he has on Elena. Like at the dance he was able to make her laugh and get her mind off Klaus. His loyalty to her is sweet in a really weird sort of way. However, I didn't really see him saving Bonnie tonight as anything noble, he did it because he knew she wasn't ready to take on Klaus at that stage. Also, ~I'll do all the hard work while you take care of collateral speech to Stefan was a bit eye rolling. While I can give him credit for coming out with a great plan, he didn't actually do any of the hard work. That was all Bonnie. His attitude to Stefan in general at the end of the episode was pretty conceited.

Elena was great tonight, and she looked gorgeous in her little sixties get up. So she's resurrected Elijah, I can't wait to see the fallout of that. I liked her scenes with both brothers tonight. Her devastation over Bonnie was heartbreaking.

Bonnie was fierce last night. For the first time ever I didn't want to go for a snooze while she made her feathers float. The fake!death was really predictable and I'm glad that she's ok but seriously, it was lame especially with the way they were promoting the episode. Is it me or did Jeremy feel really irrelevant tonight? He felt more like a kid brother then ever before. I feel like the writers have him with Bonnie because they can't think of anything else to do with him.

Speaking of irrelevance, Caroline! Honestly, this is terrible. Why is she bouncing around being all over Matt when he basically spat on her the night before. It's just so character degrading after all the progress she made this season. Plus why did Matt have absolutely no reaction to either Stefan or Elena approaching them at the dance. That whole storyline seems to be on pause, although I guess with all that was said I can see why.

I think I sort of fell in love with Alaric as Klaus... although, it was very campy. He was all intensity around the eyes but the rest of it was a bit... I don't know... I don't know how we're going to take the real Klaus seriously though

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany45 (View Post)
I shouldn't be surpised by this post at all. Stefan wasn't only concerned with Elena's welfare, but with people's lives. Look it is very obvious that you only see things through Damon's eyes, so it makes it easy for you to criticize everything that Stefan does or doesn't do. You people criticize Stefan for doing to much and then for not doing what you think is right. Make up your damn minds, Stefan just can't win with you haters.

If Damon was Elena's boyfriend you can bet your ass that he would be handling it the same way as Stefan, because just like Damon said he doesn't care if he dies or if everyone hates him or anything. Damon has nothing to lose so he can be rash and make moves like that. And also if Stefan had of pulled this going behind your back move like Damon did, Stefan would be getting all kinds of hate from you. Again he can't win. I am just thankful that the writers seem to have Stefan man-up and tell Damon to back off and to kick his preachy ass. Infact I bet you Stefan is the mastermind who ends up beating all them at this little game.

To all you Stefan fans and I know that there is tons of you out there. You should avoid coming here to this Stefan hatefest that they have in here every single week. I guess some fans can't stand how much the fans and writers love Stefan and how much Elena loves him and not Damon.

Please check your PMs. These comments are not allowed in this discussion.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

I really enjoyed this episode. I'm glad I didn't read all the episode hype that appeared before it aired, so I could enjoy it properly.

I thought that Bonnie dying was a great twist. Funny, in the first season, when someone said that a character was going to die, the first question was always: for good? This time, it didn't even enter my mind. I was really shocked when she died, especially because Elena was so heartbroken and Stefan was so helpless.

Which brings me to my next point. Unpopular opinion right here, so just ignore if you don't agree: Damon. I get why you did it, I get why you believe that what you do is rightful. But from Elena's point of view, you are continuing to do the most horrible things to her and you do them over and over again. He didn't even apologize properly for scaring the living daylights out of her (Seriously? "He had to believe it!"), he talks about her as if she just some hysterical object that needs to be taken care of and the way he said it was the most tactless way ever! This is the second time this season that she has felt the utmost pain and it was - in part, at least - his fault. It's one of the many times that he right out ignores her wishes, disrespects her and then even tells her that the next time he has to decide between her and Bonnie, he'll pick her, like that's some sort of great and wonderful thing. I understand that he believes that keeping Elena alive is the most important thing, because that's the most important thing to HIM. He didn't seem to mind that she was devastated, didn't seem to mind that he had lied to her again. He didn't apologize. He doesn't seem to care about what SHE wants or how SHE feels. He doesn't wonder if she could live with herself afterwards, doesn't even think of whether something like that could destroy her. I won't compare here, but I know which one of the brothers I would pick.
However, I did like his scenes before that moment. I liked his scenes with Bonnie, that they were working together. I don't ship them, since I don't ship anyone with Damon, but I have liked their scenes in the past two episodes and I like their dynamic.

Alaric as Klaus was absolutely fabulous! Finally, they have given Matt some moments to shine again (which makes me wonder if he'll die for good next week ), he's been way too useless this season.

Caroline/Matt/Liz was a nice little side storyline, but I was expecting more. Why doesn't the gang include Caroline in their schemes?

Bonnie definitely rocks my world I love her, love her character, love her reasoning. I can see why she tried to keep it a secret, but I think it's better that it came out. This way, at least people could try to help her and Damon actually did. He gets tons of kudos for that (and yes, I know he didn't do it for her. But he gets bonus points for at least treating her like a human being even while she was dead.).
So, Jeremy and Bonnie live at the mansion now? Does that mean there will be sexy times now?

I loved Jeremy, too, and I loved that he told. For one, the poor guy cannot handle knowledge like this and just sit back and do nothing (seriously, Bonnie, what do you expect!) and secondly, that's not something anyone should have to keep to themselves.

All in all a solid episode.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 04-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

Great episode. Bonnie needs to be written like this more often and show off this display of power more often (she should be a force to be reckon with). I really wish they would give Bonnie/Damon together...would be great.

But they better have Bonnie go full out Willow on Klaus's butt when they meet face to face.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

The episode was good. Klaus is very interesting and I can't wait for the real one.

I understand both POV from Elena's and Bonnie's side. It's really nice to see a beautiful and kind friendship between two girls. You don't get to see that a lot in TV nowadays.

I'm not a DE but their scenes were pretty good compared the other ones they have got this season. They truly have lots of chemistry.

About MC....I can't even....Why Caroline is still with him after all the horrible things he told her??? Is she that happy living a complete lie??? I hate what they are doing with her character, she's going back to be the same girl from season one.

Quote:
Speaking of irrelevance, Caroline! Honestly, this is terrible. Why is she bouncing around being all over Matt when he basically spat on her the night before. It's just so character degrading after all the progress she made this season. Plus why did Matt have absolutely no reaction to either Stefan or Elena approaching them at the dance. That whole storyline seems to be on pause, although I guess with all that was said I can see why.
THIS!

I forgot to say that next episode looks freaking awesome and I can't wait. I have not been this excited about an episode for some time.

Last edited by ring of fire; 04-15-2011 at 04:34 PM
Old 04-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Loved the episode.

I didn't hate the BD scenes, they're quite okay!

So no one really died at the end, Bonnie was only temporarely dead.

I sense a HUGE DS fight coming. Not really approving of this.

ELENA WHY DID YOU TAKE THE DAGGER OUT?! ARE YOU INSANE?!?!

Caroline how can you not notice that Matt is lying to you?!?!?
Old 04-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

I seriously just don't get why people keep forgetting that Damon is ALWAYS brutally upfront and honest.
It doesn't matter that he is a little gentler than Season 1, not killing people left and right and is trying to be "the better man".

Being brutally honest with a take it or leave it vibe is Damon's personality. I don't care if he loves Elena, that is who he is, that is who she and everyone is used to.
I don't think he will even tone it down too much if he and Elena dates.
There have been moments in the past when he has been softer in giving bad news but it depends on the circumstances.
Right now they are in a real, in your face, many loved ones may die, life and death situation. He or Stefan can't/shouldn't be all considerate and take their time with peoples feelings all the time.
I just don't get why Elena or anyone still acts shocked when Damon is blunt/harsh with news he tells her.
Yeah she wants him to stop killing people without a reason,stop drinking peoples blood willy nilly and just be more caring BUT that doesn't mean take away all of his personality characteristics.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice1970 (View Post)
I seriously just don't get why people keep forgetting that Damon is ALWAYS brutally upfront and honest.
It doesn't matter that he is a little gentler than Season 1, not killing people left and right and is trying to be "the better man".

Being brutally honest with a take it or leave it vibe is Damon's personality. I don't care if he loves Elena, that is who he is, that is who she and everyone is used to.
There have been moments in the past when he has been softer in giving bad news but it depends on the circumstances.
Right now they are in a real, in your face, many loved ones may die, life and death situation. He or Stefan can't/shouldn't be all considerate and take their time with peoples feelings all the time.
I just don't get why Elena or anyone still acts shocked when Damon is blunt/harsh with news he tells her.
Yeah she wants him to stop killing people without a reason,stop drinking peoples blood willy nilly and just be more caring BUT that doesn't mean take away all of his personality characteristics.
If he were 'ALWAYS' brutally honest, he would have told Elena about Bonnie maybe dying from the spell when he found out. He's only brutally honest when it suits him, and it didn't in that moment. In fact, he even reprimanded Stefan for telling Elena, because obviously, that wasn't the kind of information he wanted Elena to have.

And isn't being kind and caring about someone's feelings what you do when you love them, though? I'm not shocked by Damon's behaviour, I'm shocked at the way he whines and cries that she doesn't love him back and that he 'can't be what she wants him to be' and that this is a reason for him to abuse an innocent human being, yet he treats Elena like she's being hysterical and irrational, doesn't respect her wishes or care about her feelings (which the explanation thing showed to me... he could have apologized). He treats her friends like they are expendable, which they probably are TO HIM, but they aren't TO HER.

He could have come into the boarding house and opened with "Listen guys, Bonnie is alright. She did a spell to kill herself because Klaus needed to be fooled. I didn't have time to tell you about the plan and he needed to believe it, so I didn't tell you. I'm sorry."
Or couldn't he? Apparently, he had to come in and talk about Elena in a horribly demeaning way, like she was being completely irrational for being hysterical about the fact that her best friend just died. He had to explain things to her a 'screw you, little child' attitude.
His plan was good and obviously it worked, but that doesn't give him the right to act as if someone's best friend dying is something he couldn't care less about; especially if that someone is supposedly the woman he loves. To him, keeping Elena alive is the most important thing, but that's not what's most important to HER.

Quote:
So they'll date and he'll still treat her like her opinion doesn't matter in cases like this? They'll date and he won't care that Bonnie is her best friend and that maybe she cares about her more than she'd care about herself? He'll talk about her to Stefan like she isn't in the room when she's shattered and crying because she 'needs to be calmed down'?

I'm not surprised that she revived Elijah. I never understood why they killed him in the first place, with the only weapon they had to kill an original...

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj