Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

Okay Bonnie ruled!! I love her so much and I'm so happy she's not dead, I cried so hard when I thought she was.

Don't ever do that again writers!!!

BONNIEEE

So Damon will choose elena over Bonnie, duh! we all know this but I have a huge feeling that Damon cares a little bit about Bonnie.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusXXN (View Post)
At the end of the day, your a 145 year old emo kid with a big forehead.
This comment is unnecessary, I don't want to see any character bashing in this thread.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Elijah's back! Well done, Elena
Old 04-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumiac (View Post)
Damon is not letting Elena's loved ones die either. He is the one who helped SAVE them tonight .He is saying, if it came down to choosing between one of them or her, his choice would always be her. As would Stefan's. Stefan is NOT going to allow Elena to die just so Bonnie can go on living happily. And I have not seen Stefan have a real personal investment on Elena's friends where he can't give up on any of them over Elena (maybe in time Caroline will become equally important for him, though). They are Elena's friends and loved ones so he'll protect them, for her sake. Which is not different than what Damon is doing. It doesn't mean Stefan will stand aside and see Elena die instead of one of her friends. There is a reason BOTH brothers refuse to let Elena sacrifice herself for the greater good of all. Stefan couldn't even stand breaking up with Elena for real for the sake of her family before when Katherine was threatening and even after Jenna was hurt it was up to Elena to call it quits as he just could NOT bring himself to do it. He is not likely to allow Elena die instead of one of her friends when he can't even break up with her despite one of her family member's being hurt. It is as simple as: Would Stefan go to rescue Elena or Bonnie if a vampire was about to snap their necks each? I'm pretty sure he'd be going to save Elena, not Bonnie.

Damon totally rocked this episode. I how selfless he is. He is willing to be the bad guy, he is willing to be hated, to be blamed for everything. As long as it gets the job done, and keeps Elena and everyone else safe, he'll take it. He is not just talk. He has the guts to make important life and death decisions, and get his hands dirty. He IS a true leader. And I think this episode made it more obvious than ever... There is a reason Klaus' casting sides described him as someone who can "out-Damon" Damon. And in their first battle of wits, Damon won.

I love his "Klaus is NOT winning tonight" line. He was NOT going to let Klaus kill Bonnie or Alaric. Thus the ruse. Damon knows thinking Bonnie is dead and there is no one who can harm him, Klaus will show up in person now, and so maybe leave Alaric be (thus Alaric will be saved as that seems to be the only possibly way to get Alaric back). And when he least expects it, Bonnie will be there to strike at Klaus. So he didn't keep just Bonnie alive this episode, he kept both Alaric and Bonnie alive.

His selfless love, his courage, his cunning, his leadership, his ability to make important decision on the spot at the worst times, his ability to party while keeping an eye on EVERYTHING and outsmarting the oldest, evilest, wisest vampire there is. It is why he is the best character in TVD for me. And of course, I love his ability to make Elena forget about her worried for just a moment and genuinely have fun and laugh even at the direst of situations.

Matt Davis finally got to show his talent. He is great as Klaus. I do hope Klaus will leave Alaric's body without killing him. Damon's "we need to kill the REAL Klaus" line made me happy. I don't think he was very much into trying to kill "Klaus" now but would rather have the man show up in person so they can kill him. His plan was meant to save BOTH Alaric and Bonnie tonight and he did outsmart Klaus and seeing him back in form was great. The casting sides for Klaus described him as someone who can "out-Damon Damon", in this round, Damon wins. Klaus getting a bit offended when Damon told Alaric he was not impressed with Klaus so far was priceless. Both Klaus and Damon had some great lines this episode, can't wait for those two meet one another in person...

“What are we twelve?”- You tell them Damon dear, seriously this whole fake “ohhhh, I totally forgot you guys were vampires and need invitations. Hehehehe” bit of Elena is getting boring. It does show the “Katherine/Petrona” in her though, how the moment she has some power over them she is loving it. “Obey the owner of the house”? SERIOUSLY? They gave you the house as a means of protection Elena, it IS still very much THEIR home...

I don't understand why Stefan needed Damon's nudging to decide he'd accompany Elena to school. He IS enrolled at it, and there is an evil vampire out looking for her. It should be kind of a given that he'd be going to school if she is. Guess he really hates highschool...

Ohh, Elena, correcting Alaric in class calling him Ric. He is partly to blame, though... Glad to see her revive Elijah!!! Gutsy call! Just like Damon will do anything to protect her, she'll do anything to protect her loved ones and both will take action before they explain stuff to others just so they can't ruin their plans, and I can't really fault them too much about that.

I feel sad for Caroline and Liz. Liz is so used to hating all vampires that finding out her "baby" became one is killing her. I really hope she comes around soon, just like she did before.

Bonnie and Jeremy are starting to really grow on me.

Klaus calling Elijah "buzzkill" was great. I was reminded of Damon calling Stefan "buzzkill Bob". And I think he called Alaric "Safari Sam". Heh. Klaus does seem to be crazy and it is quite the contrast to Elijah's "calm" cruelty and kick-assness. Katherine begging to be killed was sad. Looks like Elijah will be saving her.

#stupidJackson

Damon♥Elena l Liam♥Annie l Caroline♥Tyler l Jackson♥April l Sheldon♥Amy l Jess♥Nick
Old 04-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Total Fan

Loved your post Schumiac!

Other than that, ngl, that episode was a bit of a letdown for me. I think it was just WAY too overhyped and it had me thinking that it was going to be absolutely epic. Don't get me wrong, it was a good episode but I was expecting more. The double-edged sword of being spoiled I guess.

I think that I felt letdown because the plot twists were predictable to me. As soon as Bonnie "died" I knew it wasn't going to be permanent, especially because Damon was acting way too indifferent about it. And I figured that Elena would pull the dagger out of of Elijah as soon as the "previous on the VD" montage finished.

Also, I must have been expecting something totally epic as well, but I even felt a bit letdown on the DE scenes. The dance was a lot shorter than what I thought, I even enjoyed the Damon/Bonnie more, and while the last scene was nice, I don't know, I just wanted more again.

Overall, I really walked away feeling unsatisfied with the episode.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrathanSupporter (View Post)
I really didn't see that directed to everyone on the show. I just saw it directed to Elena and Bonnie....
I think the first sentence about him gladly letting Bonnie die was referring to only between the two of them. But the "I will always choose you" was definitely more significant and I think pretty much applied to every one else. It definitely held greater meaning, a more powerful connotation.

I really liked the episode tonight! I knew the dance stuff for all the couples would be overrated, but the final scene more than made up for the scenes. I wish there was more Caroline, and I still hate how everybody always betrays this girl besides Stefan and Elena it seems. Love Katherine, as always. And I even enjoyed the DB scenes ...to a degree.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
I think the first sentence about him gladly letting Bonnie die was referring to only between the two of them. But the "I will always choose you" was definitely more significant and I think pretty much applied to every one else. It definitely held greater meaning, a more powerful connotation.

I really liked the episode tonight! I knew the dance stuff for all the couples would be overrated, but the final scene more than made up for the scenes. I wish there was more Caroline, and I still hate how everybody always betrays this girl besides Stefan and Elena it seems. Love Katherine, as always. And I even enjoyed the DB scenes ...to a degree.
Probably that was about Elena only. it really did show Damon's love for Elena, guess I have to do a bit of a re-watch.

Every pair had a dance....well except for Damon/Caroline..Matt/Elena, Jeremy/Caroline, Bonnie/Matt, Stefan/Bonnie but you get what I mean. seems like every pair was giving something during the dancing session.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

So many dances But I honestly wasn't too happy with the results.I guess I'm more of a slow-dance type of girl
Old 04-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

I was underwhelmed for the most part. I'm a big hater of the fake-death gag used on supernatural shows, and I assumed they were going to go there The big fight between Klaus and Bonnie made me laugh because she basically blew up everything in that cafeteria but Klaus Really, if they write Klaus as being dumb enough to fall for that gag - which has already been used once this season - than this whole storyline has been a huge disappointment for me.

While I found Elena's grief over Bonnie's death moving, I wish they had included Caroline more. I found her happiness over Matt's attentions more moving than almost everything else in this episode.

The part that had me most excited? ELENA REVIVING ELIJAH! God, the moment she left Damon I knew what she was going to do and I started fangirling all over the place
Old 04-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
So many dances But I honestly wasn't too happy with the results.I guess I'm more of a slow-dance type of girl
That's why you didn't like the dances? come on you gotta admit it was fun.

So did you enjoy Jeremy/Bonnie dance? it was slow.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Bonnie made me laugh because she basically blew up everything
In her defense, she was also breaking his limbs!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
In her defense, she was also breaking his limbs!
Yeah, see it was the way it was filmed. The close-ups on the vending machines exploding Him just snapping everything back into place like it was nothing Because what's a broken bone or two? I'm sure he's suffered far worse. Just....if there's a spell to avoid death (I'm not going to bother to type my thoughts on that) why not go for broke? It just didn't seem like a ton of magic was being used. I expected more.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The big fight between Klaus and Bonnie made me laugh because she basically blew up everything in that cafeteria but Klaus
Im wondering if it was done on purpose to show Klaus how IDk maybe the powers was too much for her and she couldnt handle it.

Also do we even know if she could have blown him up, considering he was under a protection spell.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's why you didn't like the dances? come on you gotta admit it was fun.
Oh I liked the dances, for sure - they were so cute, and flirty. But nothing beats a slow dance for me. And when I first saw spoiler pics, I was hoping for a slow DE dance. But the fun, flirty one was adorable.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:39 PM
New Fan

The Last Dance Recap Up!

Bonnie was rocking this episode! To be fair, I'm normally not her biggest fan, but I really liked her tonight. Matt Davis was amazing!

Recap and review is up here

Comments and feedback welcomed!