Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Amazing post.

I really do think that if Klaus does ever confess his love to her, "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri needs to play in the background.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Absolute Fan

That really is a wonderful post!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllForBeLieving (View Post)
I really do think that if Klaus does ever confess his love to her, "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri needs to play in the background.
Haha that would be awesome

I love the post, but I don't think it will convince a lot of people who don't believe in Klaroline. I think that most people can in at least some way understand Klaus, but I think a lot of people could never believe that Caroline was interested in him. They would probably don't believe in them because they not believe in the possibility that she could love him.

I however disagree But I think that is the main point of criticism on KC, that it wouldn't make sense (according to some people, def not me) that Caroline would fall in love with Klaus.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Absolute Fan

I get that criticism, but this is a show about vampires, werewolves, and witches. Does any of it really make sense?

Besides, where is the entertainment value if everything was easy and made complete sense? The fact that Klaus and Caroline maybe don't make sense on paper is the reason why I think they work. The idea of Caroline falling for somebody as flawed as Klaus could make for some seriously juicy tv. Can you imagine the storyline potential there?

It's too good to pass up.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishaLyn17 (View Post)
I get that criticism, but this is a show about vampires, werewolves, and witches. Does any of it really make sense?

Besides, where is the entertainment value if everything was easy and made complete sense? The fact that Klaus and Caroline maybe don't make sense on paper is the reason why I think they work. The idea of Caroline falling for somebody as flawed as Klaus could make for some seriously juicy tv. Can you imagine the storyline potential there?

I completely agree with you. As long as she doesn't fall for him in 2 seconds (which she didn't) it could really work and make sense. I do ship Forwood, but that doesn't mean I don't love what an amazing potential KC has

I just wanted to point that out, because that was a lot of criticism I heard on them and although I didn't agree with it, it's always good to know, so we can prepare our arguments
Old 02-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankatje (View Post)
I completely agree with you. As long as she doesn't fall for him in 2 seconds (which she didn't) it could really work and make sense. I do ship Forwood, but that doesn't mean I don't love what an amazing potential KC has

I just wanted to point that out, because that was a lot of criticism I heard on them and although I didn't agree with it, it's always good to know, so we can prepare our arguments
Yeah, it definitely needs to take time. Caroline falling for his charms quickly would be just...silly. Like she said, she's "too smart to be seduced" by him. During that scene, the main thing running through my mind was 'for now'.

I ship Forwood too, but since he became a Hybrid, I don't know, something just seemed missing. Which is odd, because Klaus is a Hybrid and I am completely for them. I think I figured out that I'm one of those people who tends to like the chase and the build up more than any actual relationship. So I'm totally cool with a slow, slow, slooooooow build-up for Klaus and Caroline.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I love the post, but I don't think it will convince a lot of people who don't believe in Klaroline. I think that most people can in at least some way understand Klaus, but I think a lot of people could never believe that Caroline was interested in him. They would probably don't believe in them because they not believe in the possibility that she could love him.

I however disagree But I think that is the main point of criticism on KC, that it wouldn't make sense (according to some people, def not me) that Caroline would fall in love with Klaus.
I dont expect ppl to to be convinced on this pairing.. i just love to find out other Klaroliners point of view on why they ship it.. for obvious reasons its always with the chemistry between the actors first.. and from there they dig out the background story which pretty surprisingly has a lot of common ground there.. like some forumners opinion, it doesnt even need a reason or spesific one as to why Klaus likes Caroline.. its a force of nature thats drawing them together or something cosmic.. like you can get attracted to someone in a blink of an eye just because! attraction get hit you like a mack truck (like Ariadne05 and Olivia Winchester stated from other forum site)
So, perhaps since Klaus got to know Caroline possibly from Tyler and Rebekah, he probably be thinking to himself, what so special about Caroline that Rebekah wants to be like her and Tyler doesnt want to listen or take orders from Klaus anymore?? I guess from there Klaus has reached his patience and sired Tyler to bite Caroline so Klaus could go and see Caroline for himself.. and from the moment Klaus entered Caroline's room, i guess the force of nature or something cosmic vibe took control of the situation.. thats what i like to think..

Quote:

Exactly! I love watching TVD in general and Caroline is the most wonderful character that shouldnt be waste of her potential.. when Klaus came in Season 2 i imagined if Klaus and Caroline interaction would be like at that time becoz he's the serious type and Caroline is cheerful one.. its like watching a Japanese Anime i tell you..

Quote:
because that was a lot of criticism I heard on them and although I didn't agree with it, it's always good to know, so we can prepare our arguments
thats one of the reason i add other ppl's amazing opinion here.. its not only that we can prepare for the arguments.. its just, exactly what i thought but i couldnt put it into words myself actually , so they kinda have a knack for words in describing Klaus and Caroline to me..

Avi by Josie2288

Last edited by dianaris; 02-21-2012 at 05:49 PM
Old 02-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllForBeLieving (View Post)
Amazing post.

That song is so perfect for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishaLyn17 (View Post)

Yes, we all know Klaus has feelings for her. But to see Caroline develop feelings for Klaus and knowing everything he's done to people she cares about and knowing that the the people she cares most about wouldn't be okay with. To see her struggle with that I think you be really interesting to watch play out.

Lately I've been thinking about what will happen when Tyler comes back. Can anyone else see Klaus "releasing" Tyler from the bond for Caroline? He not giving up on her but I could kinda see that giving Caroline some idea how much he likes her.
GabbyTumblr & Twitter ღ Icon by me
Old 02-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Absolute Fan

Caroline has been paired with so many options on the show. And all of them worked or didn't to varying degrees. Tyler wasn't my favourite, but I thought they made a decent match considering their history.

With Klaus, it's just different. Maybe it's because his character is the complete antithesis of who she should be with. This journey, that's just beginning, has so much potential. Klaus is a character so similar to Damon. And look how far he's come. I'm all for the slow burn. Makes the end result so much sweeter
Spartacus: Gannicus & Sibyl

Naz
Old 02-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think it's pointless trying to get anyone to ship a pairing. If you don't feel it, then that's that.

I don't think Klaus/Caroline make sense. With that said, neither do Damon/Elena, yet they have shippers. It's a show about vampires....if you're looking for ships to make sense, I think you're watching the wrong show. If Elena can love someone who killed her brother (one of MANY horrible things he has done to her), I see no reason for why Caroline cannot, eventualy, love Klaus. She just has to see a more genuine side to him...like Elena saw with Damon. Anyways, my point here is not to compare ships...just to say that it is a show. Meaning, NOTHING is off limits.

Klaus hurt Caroline. He is impulsive and self-serving. He's broken. Despite how different they are, they have some strong common ground. Both, at one point (well, Klaus for most - if not all - of his life) have felt like no one cares about them. They both know how it feels to be alone in the world, and as a result, can understand each other on a deep level (if given the chance). They are also both good for one another. Klaus can show her a world she never thought she could have. The episode of her 18th birthday was all about Caroline dealing with being a "monster" and stuck in a "filler year". Klaus can change that for her and show her that she is strong and full of light, despite being a vampire. There is a whole world waiting for her, and Klaus can open her up to that. In return, Caroline can give him the love he has been craving for a thousand years. They really are beauty and the beast, and that makes them special to me.

Their relationship will take time and should happen slowly. Klaus has given Caroline a million reasons to hate him and now , if he wants to be with her, has to give her a million reasons to love him. I would like to see Caroline conflicted over her feelings for Klaus, and eventually giving into them. There is something so interesting and compelling about watching someone as kind as Caroline falling for someone as flawed as Klaus. The fact that they don't make sense on paper is exactly what makes them interesting to watch (for me, as a fan). They are so different, yet the fit together well. If they were two perfect people falling in love, I'd be bored out of my mind. I love that they are flawed both together and apart.

I also had a thought bouncing around in my head....yes, I do think that at this point Caroline is a crush for Klaus. I think to him she represents kindness, beauty, love....everything he has wanted his whole life. With that, I think it may not be long before he falls in love with her. As a vampire, you're emotions are stronger...as a warewolf, your emotions are stronger. Klaus is both, so I assume he feels both pain and love stronger than anyone (which would explain why his reactions are usually extreme). He will love her and protect her more fiercely than anyone ever has.

One more thing...writing has a lot to do with how 'shippable' a pairing is. I've read posts saying that pairings lose fans after they get together and they brought up Tyler/Caroline as an example. With Tyler/Caroline, for me personally, they didn't lose their appeal because they became a couple. It was because the writing for them went down hill once tyler became a hybrid. I loved the idea of Tyler/Caroline being similar to Romeo/Juliet....a Warewolf/Vampire....two feuding families. Then he turned hybrid and he became somewhat OTT for me. Like Caroline didn't matter as much anymore. This is all a personal opinion, of course. Assuming the writing for Klaus/Caroline remains good (and doesn't end with Klaus burning the pictures...what a waste that would be, if that was the end of their SL), I think KC could become something very strong. Quite possibly an endgame couple.

Quote:
Can anyone else see Klaus "releasing" Tyler from the bond for Caroline?
I can definatly see this happening. I can see Klaus doing this selflessly, expecting nothing in return from Caroline, just to make her happy. I can also see Caroline finding out about this from Tyler, or someone other than Klaus, and softening towards Klaus, in return.

Okay, I'm done lol.

Last edited by Alexandra.; 02-21-2012 at 08:59 PM
Old 02-21-2012, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

I can't stop reading K/C fanfics. Obsessed with them. I do see Klaus doing something selfless for Caroline by the end of the season. I wonder if Caroline will feel any guilt for deceiving Klaus.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

^^ i wanna marry your post Alexandra.

Sometimes ppl forget they are watching a fiction series.. if everything has to make sense, then i think i could be bored to death watching the show similar to real ppl lives.. thats an excellent piece Alendra.

Avi by Josie2288
Old 02-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Air
Elite Fan

ooo lots of discussion in here! I'm too lazy atm to read through and give my two cents, so I'll just pop in and say hi!

Quote:
I can't stop reading K/C fanfics. Obsessed with them. I do see Klaus doing something selfless for Caroline by the end of the season. I wonder if Caroline will feel any guilt for deceiving Klaus.
I'm working on finishing my second chapter to mine right now! But I already want to write another I'm finding it hard to write them though!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air (View Post)
ooo lots of discussion in here! I'm too lazy atm to read through and give my two cents, so I'll just pop in and say hi!

I'm working on finishing my second chapter to mine right now! But I already want to write another I'm finding it hard to write them though!
Ah I'd love to read it! Btw, love your ships (from your sig). Dair, DE, and KC are my current favorite couples right now. No other ship even compares.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's hard not to fall for a bad boy with a heart... I want to see Klaus find a reason to really LIVE... Seeing Klaus work at wooing Caroline and maybe start to thaw is more exciting than watching good ole' boy Stefan and good girl Elena make gooey eyes at each other...lol

Elena seems like just another, "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!" I'm tired of everything being about Elena and she's no princess. She was totally out of line when she had Damon send Jeremy away. That was not her decision to make and it really ticked me off...lol I do like Elena --it just gets tiresome watching the Elena show at times.

I feel the same towards Stefan at times. Why does he come off as such a great guy and Damon the evil jerk? Stefan was so selfish that he turned his brother against his will so that he wouldn't be alone. Stefan has killed horrifically, but that's okay because it's not the real him --cry me a river!

Damon hates himself and what he is so much that he had become a monster. I think Damon's actions are part of his coping mechanism. If you can't beat them --join them!

Anywho, I do like Stefan --just get tired of him being seen as Mr. Wonderful 99% of the time...lol

Back to how much I love Klaus and Caroline! (((( ))))

P.S. I'm totally Damon and Elena. Gotta love UC Ships!