Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2015, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxobrandyb (View Post)
Here's what i want to know: Has anyone read the books? And if so, who does Elena end up with? Have the writers completely deviated from the story or is she actually supposed to end up with Damon?

I feel like Elena doesn't deserve Stefan anymore. I also believe that Stefan loves Caroline but he will never be able to love someone the way he loved Elena.

I really hope that something happens to bring the two of them back together somehow, though. You can't deny how perfect their love was. And besides, can the prophesy that all doppelgangers will be together be wrong? I feel like the writers completely forgot that whole part of the story. How can you stop what you universe wants?
I read the original 4 books and Elena ends up with Stephan...in those books Damon likes her, but she never feels the same. Damon and Bonnie end up liking each other by the end of the series. The author (or...I suspect a ghost writer actually) started writing additional books when the show came out. The original 4 books were written in the early/mid-90's. But the books were also different in a lot of ways. Stephan and Damon were from 1400's Italy, Bonnie was a petite curly-haired red head from the Druid line, there was another character named Meridith who ended up dating Alaric, Elena simply looked similar to Katherine, not an exact replica, and Caroline was a royal B and never became a vampire. I haven't read any of the newer books so I'm not sure if they continue the plots in the original 4 or if they follow the t.v. series. But anyway, Stephan and Elena most definitely ended up together in the original 4.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
I read the original 4 books and Elena ends up with Stephan...in those books Damon likes her, but she never feels the same. Damon and Bonnie end up liking each other by the end of the series. The author (or...I suspect a ghost writer actually) started writing additional books when the show came out. The original 4 books were written in the early/mid-90's. But the books were also different in a lot of ways. Stephan and Damon were from 1400's Italy, Bonnie was a petite curly-haired red head from the Druid line, there was another character named Meridith who ended up dating Alaric, Elena simply looked similar to Katherine, not an exact replica, and Caroline was a royal B and never became a vampire. I haven't read any of the newer books so I'm not sure if they continue the plots in the original 4 or if they follow the t.v. series. But anyway, Stephan and Elena most definitely ended up together in the original 4.
To expand on this, after the ghost writer takes over for Smith, Delena get together and
Spoiler:
Old 03-11-2015, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

Poor LJ got fired cz of that ending
Old 03-12-2015, 09:12 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia Belle_02 (View Post)
Haha yeah it's obvious they didn't think this story line through, as usual
From what i remember, she met Damon first but he compelled her to forget. It wasn't until she became a vampire that she remembered that happened. And of course, that all played perfectly in to her falling for Damon afterwards.

Does anyone know where they read the interview/article about Julie saying this?

And I have to agree with Elena turning again. There have been little hints here or there. Even in an interview I just read with Ian he made mention of it. in fact, as soon as we knew that Bonnie was going to Silas's grave, the cure was my first thought. It would still be around. Twice if they were able to travel to both prison worlds.

I was told and have read that Elena isn't sired to Damon anymore and hasn't been for a while, but if all this speculation is true, human.... Stelena end game, doesn't it seem like maybe she would like Damon while vampire and then Stefan while human and doesn't this sire bond theory still play out because of it? Am i explaining my thoughts right?
Old 03-13-2015, 03:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathly_smirk (View Post)
I've been only watching bits and bats of the show, so could you expand on this?
- well throughout season 4 there was so many hints saying Elena wasn't meant to be this person meaning a vampire

- also this season something was brought up about Elena loving and choosing Stefan as a human and how much she changed for the worst as a vampire. JP even said season 7 would be Elena's major redemption arc.

Four & Tris
Old 03-13-2015, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

That's really interesting. I hadn't even thought about them making her human again...but in the books she ended up human again by the end of the 4th book, so maybe!
Old 03-13-2015, 04:59 PM
New Fan

Quote:
That's really interesting. I hadn't even thought about them making her human again...but in the books she ended up human again by the end of the 4th book, so maybe!
So how do you make Elena human again if there is no cure? Is there another way not introduced on the show yet?

I hope they wouldn't betray all the fans and make her wake up from a coma after going over the bridge or something.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

Well in the books Elena dies at the end of book 3. Book 4 is all about how Elena is trying to help them from the beyond, so to speak. The book is from Bonnie and Stephans POV and at the end Elena just sort of appears (naked I might add. ) after the big battle is over...I think as sort of a reward for helping save the day or something. Anyway, she's human when she comes back.

So I don't know that'll fly in the show. They've already had Bonnie and Damon die, etc etc etc.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia Belle_02 (View Post)
- well throughout season 4 there was so many hints saying Elena wasn't meant to be this person meaning a vampire

- also this season something was brought up about Elena loving and choosing Stefan as a human and how much she changed for the worst as a vampire. JP even said season 7 would be Elena's major redemption arc.
Ah thanks. I thought there might've been heavy hints towards SE. The way they started to just be in each other's orbit now, Idk Elena seemed different around Stefan, more like her old self caring about others etc. And then this happened

X
Old 03-13-2015, 07:12 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Well in the books Elena dies at the end of book 3. Book 4 is all about how Elena is trying to help them from the beyond, so to speak. The book is from Bonnie and Stephans POV and at the end Elena just sort of appears (naked I might add. ) after the big battle is over...I think as sort of a reward for helping save the day or something. Anyway, she's human when she comes back.

So I don't know that'll fly in the show. They've already had Bonnie and Damon die, etc etc etc.
naked? i definitely don't see them doing that in the show!

Technically they've all died at least once anyway. No one is safe for too long when you're friends with that group. And with the other side destroyed, Elena would just be gone if she died now.

Actually...DO we know what happens when a supernatural being dies now? Everything that was got destroyed, but what about after? I don't think they've talked about that. Bonnie was always the resident expert on that stuff so I wonder if we'll learn anything once she chills back out.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

that scene <3 yeah I agree deathly_smirk

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 03-14-2015, 07:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Ah so much subtext in that last scene.

Could it be? Is she still his emotional trigger?

Heck yeah baby!

StefanElena.BrookeLucas.PaceyJoey.MaxLiz.BuffyAngel
Old 03-14-2015, 07:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Ah so much subtext in that last scene.

Could it be? Is she still his emotional trigger?

Heck yeah baby!

StefanElena.BrookeLucas.PaceyJoey.MaxLiz.BuffyAngel
Old 03-14-2015, 08:09 AM
Elite Fan

I was punching the air in victory that she's still his emotional trigger...I think that really says a lot.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathly_smirk (View Post)
Ah thanks. I thought there might've been heavy hints towards SE. The way they started to just be in each other's orbit now, Idk Elena seemed different around Stefan, more like her old self caring about others etc. And then this happened

X
I know right! I loved that scene at the end. Elena finally showing some emotion towards Stefan!

Four & Tris