Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2015, 11:43 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
I have not seen any proof that Bonnie is in love with Jeremy this season. Cares about him? Sure. Wants him to be happy? Of course. But in love with him? No.

No, they're not going to have Bonnie heartbroken for 3 years (this show will most likely end after season 8) but then they've never shown her to be heartbroken over Jeremy in the first place. She was over him the second she left the real world.
And I don't understand why she can't stay single. Matt hasn't had a girlfriend since season 2 and he's just fine.
She can't stay single because Bonnie's fans are vocal and will call JP a racist for having all the guys crush on Elena and Caroline while Bonnie has had one serious love interest in 7 seasons. It would be problematic and unfair if the only black girl of the cast was written like she couldn't be considered attractive and couldn't be loved.

They've never shown Bonnie being heartbroken over Jeremy but did she look like she was missing Elena, Caroline or her mom? I don't think so. This show caters to Damon/Delena fans and while Damon and Bonnie were trapped together he was the only one allowed to voice his feelings for his loved ones in one way or the other, Bonnie was just the magic wand and a Delena prop.

Last edited by FireQueen; 02-06-2015 at 11:55 AM
Old 02-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
She can't stay single because Bonnie's fans are vocal and will call JP a racist for having all the guys crush on Elena and Caroline while Bonnie has had one serious love interest in 7 seasons. It would be problematic and unfair if the only black girl of the cast was written like she couldn't be considered attractive and couldn't be loved.

They've never shown Bonnie being heartbroken over Jeremy but did she look like she was missing Elena, Caroline or her mom? I don't think so. This show caters to Damon/Delena fans and while Damon and Bonnie were trapped together he was the only one to be allowed to voice his feelings for his loved ones in one way or the other, Bonnie was just the magic wand and a Delena prop.
The only fans who would think it's racist for Bonnie to be single for awhile after getting out of her first serious relationship are the ones who just want her to hook up with psychopaths. The writers have always been problematic when it comes to writing Bonnie. They never cared before and I don't think they'll care now.

Actually, yes. The flashbacks proved she was missing Elena and Caroline. No mention of Jeremy.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She is not selfish and don't want him to wait for her. Obviously she is pretty sure she will be stuck there forever. Can you imagine Jeremy's life if he is waiting and waiting, she knows that would be a misery. That is love in my opinion. Not being selfish in an obvious situation. And when she was in 94 with Damon and didn't mention him at all, maybe that's the way she deals with a great loss. Remember, she was still fighting, she was the one who has had HOPE. Hope to come back, to her loved ones that includes Jer. It's just JP&co who knew Jer is leaving, they didn't want a main audience to remember much about Beremy.
I know our ship is over, I'm not stupid, I read spoilers and watch every episode even if I know it'll be a cr** but I think it's too much to say she doesn't love him after few months in 1994. It's just the writers wanting us to think like that, manipulating us and our fav character to start new ship for her without any problem. I'm not buying it.

Yeah, at this point I would rather see her single than date an ex-psycho. Kai killed his family and was trying to do the same with Bonnie . This show is A Kai itself.
{ max&liz #700
Kinda weird about that star, huh? Kinda sad...
It just doesn’t seem that something burning so bright could just…burn out.
#ROSWELLBACK
Old 02-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

I'm sorry, but I feel like you guys are just making excuses instead of seeing what's actually there. As much as I love Beremy, I can't believe Bonnie still loves Jeremy just because I want to. I have to see it to believe it and I haven't seen it. Elena wanted Stefan to get the cure because she cares about him and wanted him to be happy. But she wasn't in love with him anymore. I think it's the same for Bonnie. She cares about Jeremy enough to want him to move on from her and be happy, but she's not in love with him.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
The only fans who would think it's racist for Bonnie to be single for awhile after getting out of her first serious relationship are the ones who just want her to hook up with psychopaths. The writers have always been problematic when it comes to writing Bonnie. They never cared before and I don't think they'll care now.

Actually, yes. The flashbacks proved she was missing Elena and Caroline. No mention of Jeremy.
But we are not talking about her being single for awhile, we're talking about her being single for two seasons and a half. It would be forced and fanservice to pair Bonnie up with Kai or anyone else by the end of S6 but there's no way they'll let her be single for years.

The flashbacks happened when Damon was already out and they did prove Bonnie was missing Jeremy. There was that line about her loving to torture him and the parallel in front of the Christmas tree, that was the writers'/director's way to show us she was thinking about him.

And I've already explained why the SE scene is completely different from the BJ one
Old 02-06-2015, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

I disagree with your explanation and the Christmas tree parallel doesn't prove anything. But I'm done talking about this for now.

They already had Bonnie single for 2 years; from 3x07 to 5x07. They can do it again, but they won't.

x
Old 02-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Supreme Fan

Let's agree to disagree

Bonnie stayed single for two seasons and her fans complained, the writers need to learn from their mistakes. There are fans who want Bonnie to date psychopaths that are considered hot and there are fans who just want her to have a romantic relationship and honestly I can't blame them even if for me noone will fill the hole Jeremy left

I love that parallel
Old 02-06-2015, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

I still don't understand how it's so wrong for Bonnie to be single for 2 years when Matt has been single for nearly 4 years, but I guess we can agree to disagree on that as well.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Nvm. I'll explain more when I'm off my mobile.

Last edited by McQueenFanGirl; 02-06-2015 at 02:50 PM
Old 02-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She can date someone for a while or she can be single....until Kat's final episode. The episode where Steven will guest star and take Bonnie far far away from this lunatic town and people in it. Or just pack her things and go to see Jer. We don't even have to see Steven actually. Just her saying 'I'm out of here.'
{ max&liz #700
#ROSWELLBACK
Old 02-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

x
Old 02-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I have not seen any proof that Bonnie is in love with Jeremy this season. Cares about him? Sure. Wants him to be happy? Of course. But in love with him? No.
Quote:
She cares about Jeremy enough to want him to move on from her and be happy, but she's not in love with him.
But when did that happen? What made that happen? 5x23 - in love with Jeremy. 6x02 - not mentioning Jeremy. It doesn't make sense. There was nothing to make her fall out of love with Jeremy except for time and nothing in that time that was shown on screen should have changed her feelings. I associate it more with the writers failure to show how Bonnie feels and Bonnie's relationships sufficiently. You've mentioned before that the show rarely shows how Bonnie feels - I think this is one of those instances. Also the whole rushed-ness of Steven leaving adds to how this SL is being written.

Love the parallel gif!

I think Bonnie should be given sometime by herself too. Not only because of Beremy but because of the trauma she went through.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 02-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
But when did that happen? What made that happen? 5x23 - in love with Jeremy. 6x02 - not mentioning Jeremy. It doesn't make sense. There was nothing to make her fall out of love with Jeremy except for time and nothing in that time that was shown on screen should have changed her feelings. I associate it more with the writers failure to show how Bonnie feels and Bonnie's relationships sufficiently. You've mentioned before that the show rarely shows how Bonnie feels - I think this is one of those instances. Also the whole rushed-ness of Steven leaving adds to how this SL is being written.
Out of sight, out of mind. It's been 8 months since she's seen Jeremy and in that time she has changed into a person who simply fell out of love with him. It's ridiculous, but so is the treatment of Beremy in general.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She did not fall out of love with him even in S3 when he did what he did. So being separated for 8 months can't be the reason to just fall out of love like that. It's non sense and out of character. Let's leave it like that.
But....they can keep telling me how she is moved on blah blah blah but I'm not going to buy it. Or ship anyone else with Bonnie. She belongs with Jeremy, amen. I really hope Kat leave the show soon bc her character became a joke and prop for everyone. Minus Jeremy who was almost always there for her and the only one who actually had a breakdown when she 'died'.

I love this guy so much and rewatching all Beremy scenes today made me love him even more. So sad he is leaving, I don't know how I'll deal with this next episode
{ max&liz #700
#ROSWELLBACK
Old 02-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Out of sight, out of mind. It's been 8 months since she's seen Jeremy and in that time she has changed into a person who simply fell out of love with him. It's ridiculous, but so is the treatment of Beremy in general.
I guess Damon and Elena didn't see each other for 5 months and yet Elena loved Damon so much that she couldn't live with her feelings so she compelled them away and Damon wanted to be with her as soon as he came. Then again, it boils down to the writers and their priorities. For some stupid reason, they did not make the love between Beremy a propriety this season. It's not that Beremy fell out of love, it's that the writers didn't care to show their love. I fully believe that. It's unfortunate because they built them back up only to let them end in a disingenuous way. It's unfair.

Quote:
So sad he is leaving, I don't know how I'll deal with this next episode
If they don't get a scene together, I have to at least hear him mention Bonnie a couple of times.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)