Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder if Bonnie almost didn't say some things in the video message because it would hurt too much. She was saying all these things that she missed but how could she not mention Jeremy over...going to a restaurant? Like maybe it was too hard to mention it because it would completely break her down. And she wanted to end the video on a happy note for Jeremy, for him to have a good life. He's not going to if she's saying how much she misses him and love him. I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking it.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 02-05-2015, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueenFanGirl (View Post)
Realistically, I don't think it's possible for her to not be in love with him. While she did not verbalize it, she did leave him that special message asking/begging him to be okay and make a good life for himself. That was more than she did for anyone else.

I didn't really get the feeling that the show was trying to break things between them. It just seemed that when Bonnie was at her lowest, it was speaking kindly to/about Jeremy that helped her remember that she wanted to live.

I don't know what to say, it just wasn't that bad to me
That scene reminded me of the SE scene in 4x23, when Stefan tried to give Elena the cure, but she rejected it and instead gave him a speech about how he should take it and live a great human life. It was just sugarcoating her rejection of Stefan and I feel like Bonnie's speech was the same; just a consolation prize for the Beremy fans while also being the writers' version of "closure." The fact that Bonnie has never mentioned Jeremy before now, talked about how much she missed the little things but not him, and couldn't even say ILY pretty says everything imo. She stills cares for him, but she's no longer in love with him and that's why she wants him to move on from her.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

pretty much anything I'd have to add seems to already have been said
Old 02-05-2015, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
pretty much anything I'd have to add seems to already have been said
You didn't happen to watch the episode, did you?
Old 02-05-2015, 10:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
That scene reminded me of the SE scene in 4x23, when Stefan tried to give Elena the cure, but she rejected it and instead gave him a speech about how he should take it and live a great human life. It was just sugarcoating her rejection of Stefan and I feel like Bonnie's speech was the same; just a consolation prize for the Beremy fans while also being the writers' version of "closure." The fact that Bonnie has never mentioned Jeremy before now, talked about how much she missed the little things but not him, and couldn't even say ILY pretty says everything imo. She stills cares for him, but she's no longer in love with him and that's why she wants him to move on from her.
I hear ya Mel. But I just think I'm at the point where I'm really okay with this being over. Sure I still have my issues with how horrible this season was, but there seems to have been some BTS antics which guided how this season was written (and no, I don't mean Steven's exit), and there's nothing to be done about that. Also, while there's so much about these two that's I'm gonna miss, I've been over everything since the end of season 5, so I was ready.

From the poor quality I've come to accept from this show, their moments were not bad. Sure there could and should have been more, but for what it was worth as a final scene between the two, it was not bad. That's my final verdict.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueenFanGirl (View Post)
Realistically, I don't think it's possible for her to not be in love with him. While she did not verbalize it, she did leave him that special message asking/begging him to be okay and make a good life for himself. That was more than she did for anyone else.

I didn't really get the feeling that the show was trying to break things between them. It just seemed that when Bonnie was at her lowest, it was speaking kindly to/about Jeremy that helped her remember that she wanted to live.

I don't know what to say, it just wasn't that bad to me
You know, I agree. I got the same feeling from watching their scenes. I'm starting to think breaking them up was never really the plan. Her message to Jeremy was a lot more personal. All she said to Damon and Elena was to tell everyone she's sorry, but with Jeremy she wants him to live a good life and to keep fighting for it. That's pretty big considering we didn't get much perspective from Bonnie this season. What I find to be really huge about it is that her love for Jeremy has been more selfless than anything. It wasn't a "don't leave me or I'll die without you", but an "I love you more than anything and I want you to be happy more than anything even if it means it's without me." My impression was that she doesn't want to think about Jeremy hurting over her and more than anything she wants him to be okay. I'm probably making a lot more out of it, but who can really blame me on what we have to work with?

It also has me thinking about what they say about first loves. I think it applies to Bonnie and Jeremy. Beremy's was intense and feelings like that never really go away. They both have been through so much together and I like that there's no animosity between them. They want what's best for each other, which I think could leave the door open with regards to their relationship. Obviously not on the show, though. I do think they still love each other.

Quote:
It was amazing really. I just thought to myself, why is this part not resonating with me? Really just sad. I used to adore the Bonnie character so much.
I feel ya! It says a lot about the show, though. I can't say I feel as attached to the characters anymore. It's all in the storytelling. What a waste. The only thing I was attached to was Beremy's relationship. Oh, boy.

Quote:
Yeah, that's it. We have to fill in the gaps.
Definitely. No surprise there, but in a way it leaves the door open to the ending I would have liked for them. They weren't totally ruined, which is good.

Quote:
Also, Steven cut his hair and it looks so much better. I'm convinced he just had that mess hair on because he was over TVD
Probably!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
I wonder if Bonnie almost didn't say some things in the video message because it would hurt too much. She was saying all these things that she missed but how could she not mention Jeremy over...going to a restaurant? Like maybe it was too hard to mention it because it would completely break her down. And she wanted to end the video on a happy note for Jeremy, for him to have a good life. He's not going to if she's saying how much she misses him and love him. I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking it.
Not gonna lie that thought crossed my mind as well. Overthinking? Maybe. Who knows. But it's still a possibility. It fits a lot better than anything else.

Last edited by WeFoundLove; 02-05-2015 at 10:31 PM
Old 02-05-2015, 11:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Did anyone else notice the music they played during the beautiful scene? Klaus'/The Originals' theme or whatever it's callled. That is probably one of my favourite TVD scores out there. So, so good. Fitting for a touching wonderful scene.

Also, I get what Mel is saying about leaving out a simple ILY. Maybe they don't want to have to drag out her pining for Jeremy after she gets out of prison world in case, idk, they want to pair her up with Kai or whatever. But it really was a beautiful scene. Considering Steven's leaving, they did, perhaps not the best, but well with what they had. (That is if you ignore the complete lack of Beremy up until this episode.)
Old 02-06-2015, 06:04 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I think the SE scene was completely different. Elena gave that speech to Stefan before going to Damon and profess her love for him, Bonnie told Jeremy those things while she was about to take her own life. She wasn't sugarcoating anything, she wasn't about to choose another guy over him, she just didn't want to live anymore.

You are allowed to yell at me "I told you so" We didn't get actual scenes but for a moment I thought Bonnie saw Jeremy soon after he opened the door. There was smoke and there was this bright light but even if she didn't recognize him she has to know someone pushed that button. Maybe once she gets out Damon and Elena will tell her Jer was her hero.

Jeremy going to art school is a bit forced but with Steven leaving there wasn't much they could do to make it look more consistent. At least he wasn't OOC, he wanted to make sure Bonnie was going to be ok before starting over. Now that they have provided Bonnie with a way to get out he can leave with no regrets.

I loved the scene in the garage, amazing acting from both Kat and Steven. Bonnie telling Jeremy to live the life he wants, to not give up on himself and to stay strong is a declaration of love. I didn't need to hear the words this time, she was setting him free because she loves him and wants him to be happy, that's more poignant than an ILY imo.

ILY was the last thing Bonnie said to Jeremy before hanging up the phone in the season finale, I know she loves him even if the writers had done a poor job at showing it in the previous episodes. But Bonnie wasn't allowed to have a POV and didn't voice her nostalgia for anyone, not only for Jeremy.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSoul (View Post)
Also, I get what Mel is saying about leaving out a simple ILY. Maybe they don't want to have to drag out her pining for Jeremy after she gets out of prison world in case, idk, they want to pair her up with Kai or whatever. But it really was a beautiful scene. Considering Steven's leaving, they did, perhaps not the best, but well with what they had. (That is if you ignore the complete lack of Beremy up until this episode.)
This. I'm pretty sure BonKai is coming and the writers don't want Bonnie to be in love with Jeremy when it happens. That's why she didn't say ILY....because she doesn't love him.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love reading you comments guys. Before that I spent like 3 hours watching Beremy scenes/videos and I don't know what to do with my life now
no, seriously, after these 3 hours of Beremy + latest episode I can tell you these two were madly in love (obvious!) and...probably always will. You can't forget something like that. She didn't say ILY bc we all know it's Steven is leaving and they want Bonkai or something else to happen. And they can do it, go ahead, but it doesn't mean she will stop loving Jer and forget about him. Love like this, a long time love, a strong one, saving each other's lives love can't be forgotten. Never will. I've been in love like that once, I moved on but it doesn't mean I don't love that person any more. Sometimes you just have to do what's best for you or that other person, you have to let it go as much as you can but you can't stop loving somebody. Unless that person hurts you very much. Jeremy never did, he was always her personal hero. You can't stop loving somebody just like that. She was madly in love, remember that. I don't think she was lying.
So let Jer go, let Bonnie be happy with other guy and just wait if the writers really have a bit of a brain and heart. If not, well, life, but no one will ever tell me she doesn't love him in 1994's hell. You know Bon, she will always sacrifice her own happiness over somebody's, especially Jeremy's...

PS: I think she saw him, maybe she will think it was that exhaust gas and hallucinations but I have this scene watched 10 times and of course I can be wrong but I think she saw him for a sec but will ignore it until her talk with Delena about Jer being there with her. He pressed the damn bottom so somehow his body was there and she was looking that way at the end of the scene. Let me have some hope for this awful tv show

sorry for my poor english lol.
{ max&liz #700
Kinda weird about that star, huh? Kinda sad...
It just doesn’t seem that something burning so bright could just…burn out.
#ROSWELLBACK
Old 02-06-2015, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Desert (View Post)
I love reading you comments guys. Before that I spent like 3 hours watching Beremy scenes/videos and I don't know what to do with my life now
no, seriously, after these 3 hours of Beremy + latest episode I can tell you these two were madly in love (obvious!) and...probably always will. You can't forget something like that. She didn't say ILY bc we all know it's Steven is leaving and they want Bonkai or something else to happen. And they can do it, go ahead, but it doesn't mean she will stop loving Jer and forget about him. Love like this, a long time love, a strong one, saving each other's lives love can't be forgotten. Never will. I've been in love like that once, I moved on but it doesn't mean I don't love that person any more. Sometimes you just have to do what's best for you or that other person, you have to let it go as much as you can but you can't stop loving somebody. Unless that person hurts you very much. Jeremy never did, he was always her personal hero. You can't stop loving somebody just like that. She was madly in love, remember that. I don't think she was lying.
So let Jer go, let Bonnie be happy with other guy and just wait if the writers really have a bit of a brain and heart. If not, well, life, but no one will ever tell me she doesn't love him in 1994's hell. You know Bon, she will always sacrifice her own happiness over somebody's, especially Jeremy's...

PS: I think she saw him, maybe she will think it was that exhaust gas and hallucinations but I have this scene watched 10 times and of course I can be wrong but I think she saw him for a sec but will ignore it until her talk with Delena about Jer being there with her. He pressed the damn bottom so somehow his body was there and she was looking that way at the end of the scene. Let me have some hope for this awful tv show

sorry for my poor english lol.
Realistically, this would be true. But this is the show that had Elena hook up with Damon like a day after she and her "true love" broke up and Caroline quickly moving on from "the love of her life." So they can definitely have Bonnie forget about Jeremy when she comes back. We can pretend that she will always love him, but that doesn't make it the case in TVD.

I honestly don't think she saw him. She just looked surprised at the garage opening by itself.

Your English is fine.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
This. I'm pretty sure BonKai is coming and the writers don't want Bonnie to be in love with Jeremy when it happens. That's why she didn't say ILY....because she doesn't love him.

Sadly I think ur probably right

Old 02-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
It sure isn't. I haven't felt this disrespected by a show since....well, since the last time they screwed Beremy over.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Supreme Fan

Bonnie still loves Jeremy, I'm sure of that, but with Steven leaving TVD the writers had to come up with something to break them up. Now Bonnie is going to come back different, she is going to have a hard time trying to figure out how to adjust to her normal life again and I'm sure a romantic relationship won't be very high on her list of priorities. If they have a Bonnie/Kai romance in mind I think they won't pair them up before S7 since they need to redeem Kai first...or better, they have to create a completely different character who has Kai's snarky personality, Luke's empathy and Chris Wood's face, I bet the Kai we used to know died during the merge.
We have to accept the fact that Bonnie will move on, Kat is not leaving after S6 and they can't keep her character single and heartbroken over Jeremy for a season and a half. That doesn't mean she is already over him or has stopped loving him. I'm not happy for how they handled the BJ relationship in S6 (it was basically non-existent) but I'm fine with the way they wrote them in this episode, things could have been worse.
I think Bonnie telling Jeremy to move on and be happy is her way to show him how much she loves him, she didn't say anything to the others. And Jeremy needed to have Bonnie push him to move on, what Elena told him wasn't enough, I liked that.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

I have not seen any proof that Bonnie is in love with Jeremy this season. Cares about him? Sure. Wants him to be happy? Of course. But in love with him? No.

No, they're not going to have Bonnie heartbroken for 3 years (this show will most likely end after season 8) but then they've never shown her to be heartbroken over Jeremy in the first place. She was over him the second she left the real world.
And I don't understand why she can't stay single. Matt hasn't had a girlfriend since season 2 and he's just fine.