Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeKindOfWonderful (View Post)
He can leave out that last part. Just want to hear him apologize.....and be sincere about it. The last apology didn't hold any weight.....it fell short. Although I'm anxious for face to face interaction.....now I've thought about it, would prefer them to actively try to avoid each other....especially Bonnie.
But that is something that needs to be addressed. How he could completely disregard Bonnie when before he had been focused on her. There's the apology, and then there's the change in feelings.

Icon by karahalliwell on lj!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:14 PM
New Fan

You're right....I just don't want to hear that part. Still trying to forget it happened. It would be okay only if writers say that he fell in love with her...not that it was always that way. Like Bonnie said in the last episode. It's the only way they could logically explain the turn of events.

Or better yet, episode 7 never happened. I'll accept that.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
You're right....I just don't want to hear that part. Still trying to forget it happened. It would be okay only if writers say that he fell in love with her...not that it was always that way. Like Bonnie said in the last episode. It's the only way they could logically explain the turn of events.

Or better yet, episode 7 never happened. I'll accept that.
Lmao. I agree with you. Though if Jer said he fell in love with her, there'll be Jer/Anna fans going, "Nuh uh," and pointing out what he said in ep. 7. I just want him to say he lost himself, became a ghost himself, completely forgetting that Anna being in his life again was actually a problem that needed to be solved.

When Matt and interacted with Vicky and when Bonnie interacted with Sheila, I got the sense that those two characters had lived a year. Lived a full life and grown in the absence of their loved one (especially in Bonnie's case). Matt talked with Vicky about the past and how things were. Bonnie and Sheila talked about Bonnie's present and her future (the 'you are stronger than all of this' comment). Sheila said she was proud of Bonnie, acknowledging that Bonnie's been doing things in her absence. Jeremy? They only talked about Anna. Anna who is dead. Anna's present and Anna's hopes (to reunite with her mother). Anna who is dead. They didn't talk about their past, only lived in Anna's present as if Jeremy didn't experience any changes while she's been gone. Matt/Vicky were equally focused on the living and the dead (you could say they were more focused on the living because Vick wanted to be able to see Matt who is alive). Bonnie/Sheila focused completely on the living. And Jeremy/Anna focused completely on the dead.

Icon by karahalliwell on lj!
Old 11-21-2011, 07:12 PM
New Fan

It’s all very inconsistent.

I agree everything has been about the past for Jeremy...don’t know what it will take to knock him back into the present, but whatever it is...it better happen soon. He grew up so much in the last season...and it was barely acknowledged this year. He even went back to smoking for one episode...and it was gone just like that. What was that about? More than ever now.....I really think it was all for nothing. It didn’t match with the feel or events of season 2 or even season 1.

I'm feeling that I complain too much really it’s simple....I just need a logical reason as to why this happened.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

I agree everything has been about the past for Jeremy...don’t know what it will take to knock him back into the present, but whatever it is...it better happen soon. He grew up so much in the last season...and it was barely acknowledged this year. He even went back to smoking for one episode...and it was gone just like that. What was that about? More than ever now.....I really think it was all for nothing. It didn’t match with the feel or events of season 2 or even season 1.

I'm feeling that I complain too much really it’s simple....I just need a logical reason as to why this happened.
This is the way I see it as well, very inconsistent. It's almost as if all of the events of this season contradict with what happened last season with respect to Jeremy and Bonnie's relationship. If Jeremy had such difficulty in letting Anna go and grieving her; if he really did love her all this time, why move on to Bonnie? Bonnie wasn't just a fling. He fell hard for her and he cared about her deeply. It even seemed like he loved Bonnie and that's something I never saw when he was with Anna. While I believe that a person can love more than one person in a lifetime, although not at the same time, if Jeremy truly loved Anna he wouldn't have been able to start a relationship with someone else so quickly. He wouldn't have been able to move on and have intense feelings for Bonnie had he not let Anna go by that time. He would have grieved Anna properly and then would have accepted Anna as his past and his new found feelings for Bonnie as his future. That would have made more sense if he indeed loved Anna which I still find hard to believe judging by their relationship in the first season. Jeremy was still finding himself back then. We saw him grow into a mature young man in the second season and his relationship with Bonnie had been described as 'mature love' on more than one occassion. It's a shame that all of that growth and development was wasted in this season only for the sake of the ghost story and not being able to let go of the past. Like you guys have already said, Jeremy and Anna were all about the past. Nothing about them screamed present and future and there was something extremely wrong about that. How can one have closure if they don't accept what happened, move on, and let go?

Gahh, I just want Bonnie and Jeremy back!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:50 PM
New Fan

They do contradict....so it would be good if there was a reason why. Or maybe writers don’t see it that way. This must have been decided suddenly...and that’s why it doesn’t make any sense.

All the intense feelings, and that he kept on pursuing her.... are reasons why I want to understand what led to breakup. I can't accept this type of ending.

I was reading this recap,

Worst Episode: "Ghost Town." Easily the worst installment in show history, it seemingly existed solely to bring back former characters. Sadly, not even the handsome face of Tyler Kinney could save this boring, nonsensical hour of filler.

Read more: The Vampire Diaries Midseason Report Card: B - TV Fanatic

The person hates episode 7 almost as much as I do. For other reasons of course....but I agree with the gist. The ghost story was a bust....especially for Jeremy’s character.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Worst Episode: "Ghost Town." Easily the worst installment in show history, it seemingly existed solely to bring back former characters. Sadly, not even the handsome face of Tyler Kinney could save this boring, nonsensical hour of filler.
Take notes, TPTB, take notes. The episode did not live up to the hype and it was fan service at most. I hope they never go there again.
Quote:
They do contradict....so it would be good if there was a reason why. Or maybe writers don’t see it that way. This must have been decided suddenly...and that’s why it doesn’t make any sense.

All the intense feelings, and that he kept on pursuing her.... are reasons why I want to understand what led to breakup. I can't accept this type of ending.
Jeremy was definitely the one pursuing Bonnie. I really do hope there's a reason for the inconsistency and it's not just some re-write. It's way too much of an inconsistency for it to actually pass as something that could make sense.
Quote:
The person hates episode 7 almost as much as I do. For other reasons of course....but I agree with the gist. The ghost story was a bust....especially for Jeremy’s character.
I really don't think the ghost episode was too popular. It was definitely not a fan favourite episode that's for sure. I'm glad it was getting horrible reviews.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:45 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeFoundLove (View Post)
Jeremy was definitely the one pursuing Bonnie. I really do hope there's a reason for the inconsistency and it's not just some re-write. It's way too much of an inconsistency for it to actually pass as something that could make sense.
I'll be very if it was a re-write. I'll be honest that is the way it's looking though.

We'll find out soon because this break is going by fast.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

from page 3
Old 12-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

GUYSSSSSSSSSS

I rewatched 2x07 and 2x08 the other night and it made me SO ANGRY.

HOW did they get treated so badly in S3?? WHYY? For what? What was the point in revisiting JA if it was just to tear JB apart? I DON'T GET IT. He never even THOUGHT of Anna through S2...and their scenes were so BEAUTIFUL guys.

I was watching it with friends who are watching the show for the first time...and they all got so giggly over JB and I couldn't even join in their fangirling because I know what's going to happen. And it just makes no sense.

NO SENSE.

Sorry
Old 12-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Nat

I can't even watch their scenes anymore

Still depresses me the direction JP and KW took with them.

I loved 2x08, probably one of my favourite episode with them.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

I can't watch anything from season 2. Bonnie and Jeremy were my life line during the season everything was Beremy and nothing hurt. Now it's the worst I can't even think about they're season 2 scenes let alone watch them and I have Netflix..

all the Bonnie/Jeremy shippers.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

2x07 was the one that really slayed me....'sex spells' 'I'm not a kid anymore Bonnie'.

IT WAS ALL JEREMY. HE WASN'T IN LOVE WITH ANYONE.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just don't think about it anymore. It hurts to much. Hugs all around.

I just remember season 2 with fondness and I don't even think about season 3.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

so much of what the writers do with both of those characters but especially lately Jeremy makes so little sense.

I half expect to see Jeremy run around some sorority house with an axe dressed like Freddy or Jason it'd make about as much sense as everything else they've done