edit

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 12-11-2016 at 03:38 AM
Old 12-11-2016, 02:21 AM
Master Fan

edit

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 12-11-2016 at 03:38 AM
Old 12-11-2016, 02:22 AM
Master Fan

So sorry for all these posts. I've had issues posting today. I kept on getting an error message and when I refreshed my page the post wasn't showing up. is so weird lately.....

x

Been waiting ages for Stefan and the twins. It was sweet but too short

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 12-11-2016 at 05:33 AM
Old 12-11-2016, 02:23 AM
Master Fan

Just some of my thoughts on the episode. When I saw the promo and stills last week I was annoyed that SC would spend their last moments by wasting it on a dinner party with the other characters. And when the episode opened with Caroline sleeping I was wondering why would she waste time sleeping? She could do it the next day But now that I think about it, if he hadn't flipped his switch I don't think they would have cut contact completely with each other since it wouldn't have posed any danger to her. Plus Candice said Caroline was in denial. I was also expecting a very angsty goodbye with tears....

But after I watched the episode I actually loved it. Firstly because of Stefan's diary entry. It's pretty clear that he wasn't going to give up and just accept that this was his fate. Caroline the eternal optimist is rubbing off on Stefan and that makes me so happy. Secondly, Stefan wanting to have that dinner party is mostly about Caroline. He was never big on social gatherings before as far as I remember. And yet he wanted to do it because he knows that she loves these kinds of things and he just wanted a normal day. And if he marries her there will be lots of parties in his future so it's a good thing he can enjoy them Also Caroline loves Christmas. It's why Liz and Stefan decided to decorate her dorm in S6. And according to Damon the Salvabros loved it when they were kids. So I love that he wanted to celebrate it with her. Thirdly, Stefan's character development was so obvious in this episode which again made me happy. The fact that he was taken back to probably the worse time of his life when he was the Ripper of Monterey and told it was even worse than he remembered and yet it didn't make him spiral with guilt and think he was an irredeemable monster. He has come so far from S1 where he hated his vampirism to the point where he almost ended his life and he thought vampirism was a curse. And I have to credit Caroline for some of that because he's seen how she thrives as a vampire. I decided to update the OP so I rewatched some of their earlier scenes and it is quite amazing that Stefan dealing with a baby vampire Caroline had him laughing and he didn't see it as her being doomed. We also saw him admiring how well she handles vampirism in S4. And she is his sober sponsor and before I found it odd because what could a 2 year old vampire teach a 160 odd year old vampire? But it's really just that she reminds him that you can be a vampire, be good and deserve happiness. This is the potential I saw back in S2 so I'm glad to see it realised Like she said before, he calms her craziness. And we can see now that she inspires hope in him. They really are a perfect fit. Also I don't think Stefan losing Caroline would stop him from believing he deserves happiness. The fact that he is willing be a Ripper for a year and adamant that he could go back to normal came from him. So while initially I was hoping Caroline would tell Stefan not to give up and she would do everything to help him I'm so much happier that he was the one fighting for his chance at happiness and he has faith in himself He also wants to give Caroline her June wedding but I'm glad it was about him and not just her. Of course there is a chance that Stefan will have a guilt spiral but I think he's grown enough and with Caroline around he'll believe he deserves happiness even after this Ripper phase. Sorry for the long post. I just needed to list my feels

All this said I do wish they had more screen time. They need to get rid of these guest stars and put some focus on Bamon and Dalaric or something. And wake Elena up already so SC can have more time together. We only have 9 episodes left

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 12-11-2016 at 07:34 AM
Old 12-11-2016, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 12-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
So sorry for all these posts. I've had issues posting today. I kept on getting an error message and when I refreshed my page the post wasn't showing up
omg i did that EXACT thing on another board, i literally had like 2 posts because i kept hitting enter and trying to refresh LOL. Glad im on the only one.

Yes Nikki, Stefan does unfortunately get the short end of the stick. He suffers a lot. Others do as well at times but I definitely think Stefan does the most. I'm just hoping he will get some sort of happiness come finale. He and Caroline deserve to end happy together among anyone imo.

Its crazy we only have 9 episodes which is why I am just praying they wrap up this siren/cane thing within maybe 5 episodes so the last 4 or so can just focus on the characters and how far they have come and their relationships. It seems unrealistic but I can dream.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ I just wish they had Caroline showing the some kind of devotion that Stefan does to her... I don't particularly enjoy their scenes of late, because I feel like Stefan gives more, and I am not interested in Stefan having another unbalanced relationship It makes me sad.. I love SC, but lately it has not been working for me.

I also know that other fans of SC will not see it like me.. I know there are a lot of SC fans who love SC right now and that's great, it's great that what is happening on screen works for you, but this Stefan/SC fan is not happy
Old 12-12-2016, 12:17 AM
Master Fan

^ I'm not really sure what Caroline could do to show the same kind of devotion that Stefan is showing right now. What she could do right now, jump into Stefan's place as Cade's servant? She's really hopeless in this whole situation and does not have that power to free Stefan from Cade. All she can do is wait that year, and it looks like she's willing to do just that.

This last episode I was sooo irritated that Stefan was cheated out on his last day of freedom. Like, really...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle
You can call me Tee and I sent you a PM.
Thanks, I'll PM you back. Btw, that long post of yours () is really beautiful and I totally agree. I was surprised this episode by Stefan not spiralling immediately into a guilt hole, and it's totally makes sense that's Caroline who made him believe he can be a good vampire and is not doomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa
Its crazy we only have 9 episodes which is why I am just praying they wrap up this siren/cane thing within maybe 5 episodes so the last 4 or so can just focus on the characters and how far they have come and their relationships. It seems unrealistic but I can dream.
Ugh yes, please. Do NOT make the last episode about evil sirens redemption, seriously who cares? When Damon killed one siren I was sooo happy, but then I see she's still alive in the next episode. Sweet heavens...
Old 12-12-2016, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
omg i did that EXACT thing on another board, i literally had like 2 posts because i kept hitting enter and trying to refresh LOL. Glad im on the only one.
I posted in the tester thread to see what was going on and got triple posts. So I basically made a bunch of triple posts and when I logged on again I was like WTF
Old 12-12-2016, 12:54 AM
Master Fan

^ You got me very at first when I saw that list of edited posts.