Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Supreme Fan

Voted!
Old 07-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrittnoel21x (View Post)
Thanks so much guys!! Yeah I definitely feel like Jesse needs a voice in the fandom. People are always so quick to judge him and while I love both Jesse and Rachel, I'm not too keen on Rachel right now just like I wasn't pleased with Jesse last season. I could rationalize Jesse's actions last year though which is why I forgave him quickly, but I'm having a much more difficult time forgiving Rachel's behavior. She deserved that apology. Now Jesse deserves one.
ITA. I just hated how she completely disregarded his feelings in the season finale. The man tells her that she's the most important thing to him and instead of being honest with him and telling him that now isn't the right time for them, she ignores his texts and then lets Finn get all up in Jesse's face.

I thought that Jesse handled himself beautifully in that moment. I just wanted to give him a hug b/c you know his heart was breaking.

I actually voted for Safety Dance. It's one of my favorite songs/performances. All I know is Bohemian Rhapsody better win this whole damn thing.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 07-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

But Jesse's wearing leather in RJR! And a smokey hallway entrance and driving a hot car...

And I completely agree Amy. You can really tell much Jesse has matured since season 1. He never provoked any fight with anyone (unlike some.. ) nor did he ever let anyone else pressure or try to misdirect his feelings or opinions. I love how when Finn was all up in Jesse's face he didn't react or lash out. He pretty much just gave a "Bitch please" look and wondered what kind of crack Rachel must have been smoking with the facial expressions he was giving off.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBudgrl8 (View Post)
ITA. I just hated how she completely disregarded his feelings in the season finale. The man tells her that she's the most important thing to him and instead of being honest with him and telling him that now isn't the right time for them, she ignores his texts and then lets Finn get all up in Jesse's face.

I thought that Jesse handled himself beautifully in that moment. I just wanted to give him a hug b/c you know his heart was breaking.

I actually voted for Safety Dance. It's one of my favorite songs/performances. All I know is Bohemian Rhapsody better win this whole damn thing.
Seriously, I was like WTF Rachel? Jesse loves ALL of you, including the parts that you dont like...
Old 07-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

I know right!

Finn was acting like a complete a-hole to Jesse. Finn is the one who started all of their confrontations.

1) When Jesse and the group were at Breadstix, Finn brought up the egging and he deliberately brought it up to make Rachel angry at Jesse and to piss Jesse off.

2) Finn pulled them apart and told Jesse to keep it PG. Jesse told him to mind his own business and Finn started getting all aggressive.

3) When Jesse is hired as Mr. Schue's assistant, Finn makes yet another jab at Jesse and Jesse deflects it.

4) Jesse was just giving them constructive criticism and Finn got all defensive and started rubbing his relationship with Rachel in Jesse's face.

Contrary to popular belief, Jesse does not provoke Finn. If anything, it's Finn who provokes Jesse but at least Jesse, unlike Finn, isn't an idiot and can calmly deflect Finn's insults.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

^ You're so right. Jesse handled himself well in all of those situations. At prom, he was just going to go back to dancing with Rachel when Finn pushed him. What else is Jesse supposed to do but push him right back. Jesse did nothing wrong with the way he handled himself in all of those confrontations with Finn. In fact, at Nationals, I thought Jesse came off looking a whole lot shinier than both Finn and Rachel.

Quote:
But Jesse's wearing leather in RJR! And a smokey hallway entrance and driving a hot car...
I know! But I love the flashmob and Safety Dance. Plus RJR was the reason that JR got in their first big fight. I agree that he is driving a hot car since that is my car that he's driving. Well, not the actual one but you know what I mean.

Quote:
I love how when Finn was all up in Jesse's face he didn't react or lash out. He pretty much just gave a "Bitch please" look and wondered what kind of crack Rachel must have been smoking with the facial expressions he was giving off.
IKR? Instead of pitching a fit about her and Finn being together, Jesse just basically told them that they cost themselves the competition. It was statement. He didn't lash out at Rachel for hurting him or get right back in Finn's face. Rachel had made her choice and he respected that even though he obviously didn't agree with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padfootsprincess02 (View Post)
Jesse loves ALL of you, including the parts that you dont like...
He really does, Marizza, and he believes in her wholeheartedly. Eventually Rachel will wake up and realize that.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ugh.

I've been rewatching St. Berry episodes from S1. And Finn is just, ugh. I never realized how much I dislike his character until recently.

First and foremost, Finn is a hypocrite, he gets pissed at Rachel for having a little affair with Puck and refuses to even speak to her for weeks and yet he finds it completely okay to have an affair with Quinn behind Sam's back.

Also, he just can't seem to decide what girl he wants. In Hell-O, he dumped Rachel for Santana and Brittany and about halfway through he suddenly decides he wants Rachel back. And then in Season 2, he dumps her for Quinn but suddenly at Jean's funeral, he realizes he wants Rachel back and dumps Quinn. Oh and also just as Quinn was leaving his car, he said "Wait, I still love you."

I bet you anything that he'll probably dump Rachel again for Quinn or someone else.

And the really sad part about it is that he knows that Rachel worships him and will take him back in two seconds flat. I mean, suddenly whenever things start going rocky with his new girlfriends, he suddenly decides that he wants to run back to Rachel.

Also, his hostility towards Jesse is unfair. Finn doesn't hate Jesse because he's in Vocal Adrenilaine. Finn hates Jesse because he dated Rachel when Finn wanted to date her and that Rachel was actually paying attention to someone else for once. His stalking out in the middle of Total Eclipse Of The Heart was childish. It was an intimate moment for Rachel and Jesse alone.

Like I mentioned before, Finn just loves trying to make Jesse look bad in front of Rachel by bringing up sore memories and trying to provoke Jesse. And his singing Jessie's Girl while Jesse was on vacation was a really stupid and cowardly move. He knows that Jesse won't be there to hear it and beat the crap out of him for hitting on his girl so he sings it while Jesse's gone to plant a seed of doubt in Rachel's head.

On a more positive note, I loved Total Eclipse Of The Heart, it was between Rachel and Jesse alone. It was so intimate. So much was being said through their dance and the looks they gave each other. They were like in sync.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBudgrl8 (View Post)
He really does, Marizza, and he believes in her wholeheartedly. Eventually Rachel will wake up and realize that.
Thank god for broadway..
Old 07-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkCityRoyalty (View Post)
And his singing Jessie's Girl while Jesse was on vacation was a really stupid and cowardly move. He knows that Jesse won't be there to hear it and beat the crap out of him for hitting on his girl so he sings it while Jesse's gone to plant a seed of doubt in Rachel's head.
First off, I have to ask if you've ever posted in the Couples Dislike thread on the Couples board. If you haven't, you should b/c you can get much more ranty in there and there's honestly no such thing as character-bashing. I love it.

Anyway, onto what I quoted above. What I loved about that episode and "Jessie's Girl" was Rachel's reaction to it. For the first time ever, Rachel didn't just run back to Finn just b/c he liked her again all of a sudden. She flat out told Finn that he had always been jealous of Jesse and that she still cared deeply about Jesse and she knew that he still felt the same way about her. Then Finn went and sang "Jesse's Girl" and Rachel looked completely uncomfortable the entire time.

I also love that fact that Rachel never cheated on Jesse. She easily could have with Puck in Bad Reputation and Finn would have happily cheated with her in Laryngitis, but she was faithful to him. He never gave her a reason to feel like she needed to or had to cheat on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkCityRoyalty (View Post)
On a more positive note, I loved Total Eclipse Of The Heart, it was between Rachel and Jesse alone. It was so intimate. So much was being said through their dance and the looks they gave each other. They were like in sync.
TEOTH was just perfection. The looks on their faces while they dance and sing in the choir room kill me every time. And now I feel the need to post some TEOTH prettiness.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Lovely gif'sa as usual Amy!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

TEOTH you are my life. (Even though RITD has officially surpassed you in itunes plays )

NewYorkCityRoyalty, I have to say I love your passion and enthusiasm for JR. Never lose that. But I do think we should take it down a notch. This isn't the anti-FR thread and most of that post would be best in the couples dislike thread. We can discuss Jesse's maturity and superiority but it's getting a little too specific with other instances having nothing to do with Jesse. I enjoy my JR thread, Finn and FR free.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
TEOTH you are my life. (Even though RITD has officially surpassed you in itunes plays )

NewYorkCityRoyalty, I have to say I love your passion and enthusiasm for JR. Never lose that. But I do think we should take it down a notch. This isn't the anti-FR thread and most of that post would be best in the couples dislike thread. We can discuss Jesse's maturity and superiority but it's getting a little too specific with other instances having nothing to do with Jesse. I enjoy my JR thread, Finn and FR free.
Agreed Britt!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

Jesse: "That was good. I have some notes."

I will never forgive them for cutting this scene!
Old 07-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

we just launched our first fan created videos competition and it's on st berry
Lea & Jonathan Online » Fan Created Videos Competition #1

hope to see lots of new vids made
Old 07-08-2011, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

we just launched our first fan created videos competition and it's on st berry
Lea & Jonathan Online � Fan Created Videos Competition #1

hope to see lots of new vids made