View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 08:23 PM
NewYorkCityRoyalty
Dedicated Fan

Ugh.

I've been rewatching St. Berry episodes from S1. And Finn is just, ugh. I never realized how much I dislike his character until recently.

First and foremost, Finn is a hypocrite, he gets pissed at Rachel for having a little affair with Puck and refuses to even speak to her for weeks and yet he finds it completely okay to have an affair with Quinn behind Sam's back.

Also, he just can't seem to decide what girl he wants. In Hell-O, he dumped Rachel for Santana and Brittany and about halfway through he suddenly decides he wants Rachel back. And then in Season 2, he dumps her for Quinn but suddenly at Jean's funeral, he realizes he wants Rachel back and dumps Quinn. Oh and also just as Quinn was leaving his car, he said "Wait, I still love you."

I bet you anything that he'll probably dump Rachel again for Quinn or someone else.

And the really sad part about it is that he knows that Rachel worships him and will take him back in two seconds flat. I mean, suddenly whenever things start going rocky with his new girlfriends, he suddenly decides that he wants to run back to Rachel.

Also, his hostility towards Jesse is unfair. Finn doesn't hate Jesse because he's in Vocal Adrenilaine. Finn hates Jesse because he dated Rachel when Finn wanted to date her and that Rachel was actually paying attention to someone else for once. His stalking out in the middle of Total Eclipse Of The Heart was childish. It was an intimate moment for Rachel and Jesse alone.

Like I mentioned before, Finn just loves trying to make Jesse look bad in front of Rachel by bringing up sore memories and trying to provoke Jesse. And his singing Jessie's Girl while Jesse was on vacation was a really stupid and cowardly move. He knows that Jesse won't be there to hear it and beat the crap out of him for hitting on his girl so he sings it while Jesse's gone to plant a seed of doubt in Rachel's head.

On a more positive note, I loved Total Eclipse Of The Heart, it was between Rachel and Jesse alone. It was so intimate. So much was being said through their dance and the looks they gave each other. They were like in sync.