Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
.we'll just see more of the same characters that ruined s2 and 3 imo
But Lima isn't fresh either? Did Rachel, Kurt, or Santana ruin s2 or s3 for you??? I mean unless you mean Blaine and Sam, and they aren't in NYC yet. You're going to get more of them no matter where they go.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 12-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless forms (View Post)
But Lima isn't fresh either? Did Rachel, Kurt, or Santana ruin s2 or s3 for you??? I mean unless you mean Blaine and Sam, and they aren't in NYC yet. You're going to get more of them no matter where they go.
I think the overemphasis on Rachel and Kurt was a drag on everyone else through season three. Santana was almost invisible until the middle of season two. Quinn, Mercedes and Britney were always underused. Characters with great potential like Sugar and Joe have not moved.
Time constraints in season four have restrained the development of Kitty, Jake, Marley and Ryder to a crawl. There is so much potential in those characters.
I started working on essay on Kitty's psychological profile today and I realized she didn't have one scene alone with Jake all season. To me that means the writers wanted every viewer to prefer Jake with Marley. Contrast that with Quinn /Finn scenes from seasons one and two that left the audience divided. Ryder meanwhile, because he's from the Glee Project and might disappear at any time, has never had enough identity for anyone to really assess where he belongs. Contrast that with Puck, who was going to remain active no matter what he was doing, and so could continue to be a juvenile delinquent while still having tender moments with Quinn and Rachel and bonding moments with the men.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Administrator

My wife and I watched this episode tonight because we didn't get to watch it Thanksgiving night, and we both thought it was awful. It was one of the worst episodes of Glee that I've ever seen, and the puppet stuff was creepy. I still don't like how Sue destroyed Figgins' life and reputation with her malicious lies and planting false evidence against him, but just when it seemed she had won, I think her asking that Superintendent out is going to come back to haunt her. Demi Lovato's talent is being wasted in this show, because we hardly saw her in this episode, even though the band she was in was performing.

It's really sad to see how a once great show has basically run out of ideas and is just a pale echo of what it once was.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

To be honest, while I like Kurt, the original characters I love are gone: Quinn, Puck, Mike, Mercedes, Britanny.

Only Kurt and Artie left that I like and not enough to watch. And except for when she was with Finn, Rachel has always annoyed and irritated me.

When I was watching season 4, I liked the Lima side of things a lot more, especially with Finn there.

Only Finn could make me invest in NY and he is not coming.

Some people seem to think NY only would make the ratings go up but even the promos focused solely on the NY side of things did not attract the fans and the ratings were horrid too.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariem201 (View Post)
Some people seem to think NY only would make the ratings go up but even the promos focused solely on the NY side of things did not attract the fans and the ratings were horrid too.
Maybe it's because those promos were very misleading and we all knew it? When they promote the hell out of NYC, I know that it's all just to bring viewers in. For example, when Demi joined the cast, they promoted that like crazy and they used many pictures of her and Santana. Only for what, for them to have one or two scenes? I'm never gonna take promos or anything else serious until they ditch the Lima part for good. Then I'll know that the NYC storylines will have the attention they deserve.

I realize that not everybody likes Rachel, Kurt or Santana, but they are the characters with the biggest fan base right now and the glee writers are really losing ratings for not making it more (or everything) about them and eventually Blaine, Sam and Artie as well. If they ditch the NYC part like some people here seem to want, and Lea, Kurt and Naya leave the show, then you might as well just wish for glee to get canceled, because that's what gonna happen. Seriously, if the show is suffering from Finn's absence, what do you think it's gonna happen if Rachel and Kurt leave too?
Old 12-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Especially when Lea is the star of this show. With Lea, there is no show sry to say.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 12-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Administrator

I'd say without Lea there is no show. She's the only reason that I'm watching now.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
but they are the characters with the biggest fan base right now and the glee writers are really losing ratings for not making it more (or everything) about them and eventually Blaine, Sam and Artie as well.
Very true.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Loyal Fan

The strength of classic shows in the past was that they were rarely about the main characters, but an interesting guest star the regulars could help in some way while staying in character. In season two the show briefly had five happy couples. What if they had stayed together all season with the exception of one radical switch in the middle? Classic sitcom stories like suspected cheating that ends up innocent, weird new jobs with long comic sequences, get-rich-quick schemes could have alternated with serious stories like persuading the old senile teacher to retire, helping someone quit a sudden bad habit and dealing with schoolwide problems. The couples would work together as a team to help these people, using appropriate songs and developing their relationships.
What do these couples talk about between kisses?
Old 12-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
It's really sad to see how a once great show has basically run out of ideas and is just a pale echo of what it once was.
It's sad but that happens often to shows we love. I've taken the position that it's Glee and I just watch it as entertainment. In Glee World they live on Glee Time in a parallel universe where everything only makes sense to Glee People.

Even one of the promos poked fun at this episode when Chris gave an introduction saying it came about by drunken writers.

I really think, starting in February, we'll start to get more meatier episodes instead of so many fillers.