Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-30-2013, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless forms (View Post)
Moreover, why won't Lea and Chris and Naya quit Glee, too? Not to sound mean, of course, because they are so much better than what they're being used for. They're just wasting their talents now and not showcasing them anymore and it's awful. ESCAPE THE SINKING SHIP.

2.80 viewers with a series low 0.9 in the demo, down 36 percent from last week, and down 40 percent from last year's Thanksgiving episode... so messy.
The thing is though, as bad as Glee has gotten, I can't think of a venue that can showcase an incredibly talented actress and singer like Lea Michele in a way that would allow people to see how brilliant she is. The same goes for Chris and Naya. What have we seen Diana in since she left the show? Amber just won Dancing With The Stars, but that show featured her dancing skills, not her incredible singing voice. Where else could we see someone like Idina Menzel singing and dancing with Lea Michele? Idina Menzel is a Broadway star, and I'm sure that Lea will be featured in Broadway musicals too, but not many of us can go to a Broadway musical, so I'm going to continue to tune in to see the wonderfully talented Lea Michele dazzle us with her singing and acting.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-30-2013, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I mean yeah that is true like you said, Broadway is not as accessible, for sure. But Lea is so suited for Broadway that I truly think that's what she could end up doing again. Dianna has done movies and granted, not everyone goes to see certain movies, but they still reach a broad audience.

It's just hard when I mean, I know Lea is brilliant and talented, but they aren't even showcasing her talent anymore. NYC is still relegated to the side, for what? Three of the original, generally accepted as the three of the most talented cast members aren't even the focus? The widely accepted star of the show typically gets less than 15 percent of the screentime? It just doesn't make sense to me (unless it was Chris and Lea and Naya's choice so they have more time to do things outside of the show, which actually would make a lot of sense to me).

amelia | icon: mel
Old 11-30-2013, 03:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

Diana is gearing her career more towards movies which is why we havent seen much of her.

But it is useless to show off the casts full talent when it is wasted by bad stories and songs.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Quote:
It's just hard when I mean, I know Lea is brilliant and talented, but they aren't even showcasing her talent anymore. NYC is still relegated to the side, for what? Three of the original, generally accepted as the three of the most talented cast members aren't even the focus? The widely accepted star of the show typically gets less than 15 percent of the screentime? It just doesn't make sense to me (unless it was Chris and Lea and Naya's choice so they have more time to do things outside of the show, which actually would make a lot of sense to me).
I agree with this. I also agree with what Jerry said, glee gives us lot of opportunities, only on this show we would see Lea and Idina Menzel interact, and many other amazing guest stars. But sadly that was two seasons ago, now it's all gone. The NYC side of the show is the only part that people seem to enjoy these days and it's the only part that doesn't get terrible reviews from the critics. There's so many opportunities there, so many new original stories to show, and so much talent. Besides Lea, Chris and Naya, they have freaking Adam Lambert and Demi Lovato there. They are all amazing performers. And what do the writers do? THEY WASTE ALL OF THAT WITH LIMA STORYLINES THAT AREN'T EVEN NEW. I hate this show so much right now, it's not only just bad, it's bad because they want it, it's their choices.

The ratings for this episode are embarrassing, if I didn't know, I would say glee was a CW show (no offense to CW).
Old 11-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh (View Post)
With that being said, I liked "Cheek To Cheek." It was weird and random, but I thought Matt and Jane performed it well,
I agree with all of this! That was the highlight of the episode for me.

I was amused with the puppets the first time I saw them. And then every time after that it was like, ugh, really, more puppets? As Tina and Sue pointed out, they were kinda creepy.

And as whiny as Blaine is, Kurt was the one who threw a giant hissy fit because his still-in-high-school fiance couldn't drop his entire life and jump on a plane because he got detention.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus
Old 11-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

Blaine said he would go, though, and Kurt paid for the trip. Kurt was mad because Blaine wasn't even going to call him and explain what happened. That's just common sense but Blaine didn't want Kurt yelling at him.

Plus He should've known there would've been consequences for breaking in to steal a puppet.

icon
Old 11-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

So basically this episode was about Klaine being super bossy and bitchy and then their friends have to apologize for not listening by making them the "leaders" of the group.

More ruining Jake this episode I see.

Also where was Demi during the Fox scene?
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 11-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyboy11 (View Post)
Also where was Demi during the Fox scene?
Her character is locked in Glee's metaphorical basement where all of Santana's girlfriends tend to end up.

This episode was so dumb on so many levels. I just don't understand why we're being subjected to watching Blaine talk to puppets when Lea, Chris, Naya, Adam Lambert and Demi Lovato are at Glee's disposal. Nothing about that makes sense to me.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh (View Post)
They can't just quit because they're under contract. Matthew Morrison has wanted out for awhile, but Ryan won't let him leave. He, Chris, Naya, Lea, and Jane are wasted on this show.

With that being said, I liked "Cheek To Cheek." It was weird and random, but I thought Matt and Jane performed it well,
Totally agree. I have to tell myself that they're all trapped by contracts. Talent showcase aside, watching the remaining originals be almost intentionally humiliated by increasingly ridiculous storylines is cringe inducing and I can't bring myself to believe they'd endure such professional embarrassment just for an easy paycheck. Sue being mistaken as a man, really? The idea that that was even pitched as an episode-long arc is painful. I don't really have any desire to watch Sue do anything because we know the writers will drop it after a few giggles. Remember how she was pregnant for like a season with that baby we never see or hear about even though she's supposedly raising it? Yeah.

Quote:
So basically this episode was about Klaine being super bossy and bitchy and then their friends have to apologize for not listening by making them the "leaders" of the group.
This, ugh.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I can't bring myself to believe they'd endure such professional embarrassment just for an easy paycheck.
I mean I can literally see Naya's forced smile in the "The Fox" scene and the wheels turning in her head saying "I can't believe this is what I'm forced to do on this show now."

NYC has all the potential in the world to carry the whole show. They can bring a few other characters along, but that side of the show is what the critics are liking right now and what most fans actually enjoy. As I saw someone else point out, Ryan just refuses to admit that he was actually wrong.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
NYC has all the potential in the world to carry the whole show. They can bring a few other characters along, but that side of the show is what the critics are liking right now and what most fans actually enjoy. As I saw someone else point out, Ryan just refuses to admit that he was actually wrong.
As much as it's true that NYC could take over the show and it would be oh.so.much. better, I wish they would have made the Ohio dynamics stronger and not even needed the NY lines. But that would have meant structuring the story different right from the very beginning and it's all kinds of too late for that now.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus
Old 11-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Administrator

I agree that they should ditch the Lima storylines and characters and just focus on the storylines and characters in New York City, because that's what people want to see. The Lima storylines have become boring and repetitive, and I don't care about the new characters. It's time to give the fans what they want, especially since next season will be the last season.

Last night, I watched a repeat of the Season One Finale, and it was wonderful, and it was so much better than what we're seeing now. I teared up seeing Cory though.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's just so sad to think that people even complained about season two and three being bad... like it's just gotten consistently worse across the board.

Quote:
It's time to give the fans what they want, especially since next season will be the last season.
Exactly.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
The thing is though, as bad as Glee has gotten, I can't think of a venue that can showcase an incredibly talented actress and singer like Lea Michele in a way that would allow people to see how brilliant she is. The same goes for Chris and Naya. What have we seen Diana in since she left the show? Amber just won Dancing With The Stars, but that show featured her dancing skills, not her incredible singing voice. Where else could we see someone like Idina Menzel singing and dancing with Lea Michele? Idina Menzel is a Broadway star, and I'm sure that Lea will be featured in Broadway musicals too, but not many of us can go to a Broadway musical, so I'm going to continue to tune in to see the wonderfully talented Lea Michele dazzle us with her singing and acting.

that pretty much sums up my thoughts
Old 12-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd rather see NYC ditched.
If it's just NYC the ratings won't improve, the stories won't be fresher..we'll just see more of the same characters that ruined s2 and 3 imo