Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-28-2013, 06:33 AM
Master Fan

Puppet Master (5x07) - Episode Discussion

Puppet Master
5x07 - episode discussion
BLAINE GETS BOSSY ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE”THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 28 ON FOX

All-New Thanksgiving Night Episode!

Blaine believes he has the best plan to win Nationals, but he doesn’t take the glee club’s criticism too well when the students accuse him of being too controlling. Over in New York, Kurt also runs into control issues when the band disagrees over the venue of their first official gig that Kurt booked. Meanwhile, Sue reveals the story behind her iconic tracksuit and gets in touch with her feminine side in the all-new “Puppet Master” episode of GLEE airing on Thursday, Nov. 28 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-507) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Kevin McHale as Artie; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman; Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose; Becca Tobin as Kitty Wilde; Alex Newell as Wade “Unique” Adams; Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn; Iqbal Theba as Principal Figgins; and Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson.

Guest Cast: Erinn Westbrook as Bree; Demi Lovato as Dani; and Adam Lambert as Elliott “Starchild” Gilbert.

Taken from: SpoilerTV Glee - Episode 5.07 - Puppet Master - Press Release | Spoilers
Follow us: @SpoilerTV on Twitter

Based on previous heated debates, we (moderators) have decided to list some guidelines and rules that need to be followed on all episode discussions here.
1. Do not bash any of the cast members or writers. Discussion should be about characters. Substituting an actors name for a character when discussing the character is not okay. They're not the same person. Respectfully critiquing someone's performance or a writer's contribution is fine, however, bashing and being rude about them is not. Offensive nicknames for the writers and cast-members are also not to be used here. This is against Fan Forum policy and is an insult to real people.

2. Feel free to visit the general discussion threads or the previous episode discussion threads here to continue talking about episodes that have already aired.

3. Be respectful to each other, moderators, and to every fandom despite your personal beliefs. Previous episode discussions presented us with problems and we'd like to prevent this from happening. We encourage a good debate, but let's keep it respectful. Personal attacks are not needed, nor allowed here. Targeting another poster on who they support or why their argument is invalid is also unnecessary. Please refer back to Fan Forum's rules regarding this. No matter who you support or ship, we are all fans and people, too.

4. This is a Glee Appreciation board. And as such, it is great to critique, debate and interact respectfully with the fans. But we cannot emphasize enough that calling the show, its cast and crew, etc. 'racist', 'homophobic' or 'sexist' is extremely offensive and will not be tolerated. This board isn't the place for these remarks. Please take it off site or keep it to yourself.
Thank you, everyone!

Happy Hunger Games Glee Discussion!
icon: wolfsbane
Old 11-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You see, this is the problem with airing on Thanksgiving... this is the second Thursday in a row where I've woken up and completely blanked that it's a new episode. Or maybe that's just proof as to how busy I am and how fast the weeks are going...

Anyway, IDK if I'll be watching live or not, but enjoy the episode, everyone! And thanks for opening the thread, Alyssa!

amelia | icon: mel
Old 11-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for opening babe my computer sucks
Old 11-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

All the non-puppet parts were dismal.

Blaine is so pathetic. He's the whiniest whiner that ever did whine. Once again, he complains and gets exactly what he wanted because people don't want to put up with his emotional hang-ups. He's the unlikeable version of Eeyore. Kurt, good luck with your moodiance.

Jake can dance. I mean, he can really dance. And he's not unpleasant when you pair his voice with Tina's, which was kind of shocking for me. I'm glad Bree isn't pregnant because we would've been subjected more to her fauxSantana acting.

Santana's puppet was the prettiest. Artie's was the funniest.

I miss Principal Figgins. I think they've run out of idea with Principal Sue.

The Fox number was fun. Turns out the puppets have more personalities than some of the noobs.

Demi Lovato gets paid to basically do nothing but sit by Santana. Must be nice.

icon
Old 11-28-2013, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I can't believe Fox is actually paying her to literally do nothing. Like, I mean I love Demi, but I'm sure that money can be spent on something like... IDK, paying her to actually do something.

I don't know why I bother anymore. I mean, I didn't watch the episode tonight, but having Santana have a gf doesn't mean anything to me if they aren't actually like... shown growing in a relationship.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Ultimate Fan

Parts of this episode was good. The NY storyline was ok, Sue storyline was decent. Everything else shouldve just been dropped. Thank Santana that Bree wasn't pregnant, but of course now she is the one to basically have Jake see the errors of his way. And OMG Blaine ends up getting what he wants? Seriously? How is he the only one under stress?
Old 11-29-2013, 07:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
haha..

So true. Blaine centric episode, I think I enjoyed most of the performances but not the episode itself. The puppets weren't exactly funny...

Only complaint - Not enough Lea!
Old 11-29-2013, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Did Blaine say he won more choir competitions than anyone else?
Cause that's not true.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't like it at all:

Love Blaine...but not puppet theme episode
No Jarley back on yet
Jake is getting to be a womanizer....
Sue as full time principal
Songs were just ok
Old 11-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Why won't Darren quit Glee?
Old 11-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
Did Blaine say he won more choir competitions than anyone else?
Cause that's not true.
Maybe as a child but he seemed to forget (and Tina/Artie/Sam failed to remember) ND beating Warblers and Warblers failing to get to nationals the past 4 years.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

It was a fun episode. Nothing particularly amazing or groundbreaking, just fun. I liked it.
I liked the puppets and the references to The Breakfast Club.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Why won't Darren quit Glee?
Moreover, why won't Lea and Chris and Naya quit Glee, too? Not to sound mean, of course, because they are so much better than what they're being used for. They're just wasting their talents now and not showcasing them anymore and it's awful. ESCAPE THE SINKING SHIP.

2.80 viewers with a series low 0.9 in the demo, down 36 percent from last week, and down 40 percent from last year's Thanksgiving episode... so messy.

Old 11-29-2013, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

They can't just quit because they're under contract. Matthew Morrison has wanted out for awhile, but Ryan won't let him leave. He, Chris, Naya, Lea, and Jane are wasted on this show.

With that being said, I liked "Cheek To Cheek." It was weird and random, but I thought Matt and Jane performed it well,
Old 11-29-2013, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I mean I know like the legalities of it and all, but still, even Ryan doesn't do much with Glee anymore. He focuses way more on AHS these days.