Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2020, 01:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes they did.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I also think that "Doug" did a good job of teaching kids to do the right thing and to treat others with kindness and respect without it coming across as being forced.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland Fan Forever (View Post)
I also think that "Doug" did a good job of teaching kids to do the right thing and to treat others with kindness and respect without it coming across as being forced.

I feel like most 90s cartoons taught that and other good stuff without kids really realizing it.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The favorite shows of '90s kids
"Doug."
Some shows are about special people, and some are about your average, run-of-the-mill everyman. Or, in this case, an everyboy. Doug Funnie may only be remarkable in his dreams of being Quailman or Smash Adams, but beneath that green sweater vest was a good heart. Plus, his dog Porkchop had enough personality for the both of them.
Here's the link, https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/th...x0U3q0#image=3
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 02-22-2021, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?" The Reunion
Here's the link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCne7Oud1qE

Greg Lee briefly mentions playing the mayor on "Doug" too.
Old 02-23-2021, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Back to school: Our 25 favorite class comedies
"Doug" (1991-1999)
Doug Funnie is an average kid with a big imagination. He’s an everyman — and not just because his friends are blue and green and orange and his dog is somewhere between a normal dog and a person in intelligence. “Doug” was a classic early Nicktoon before moving to Disney. Nobody wants to talk about the Disney years, though. It’s all about the Nickelodeon run when we were introduced to Honker Burger, Quailman and The Beets.
Here's the link, https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...OzdGg#image=24
Old 09-07-2021, 09:11 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yep, it's all about Nickelodeon's Doug. I don't remember much from the Disney version, but I think I watched a little, wasn't feeling it, and quickly tuned out.
Butterfly85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Yep, it's all about Nickelodeon's Doug. I don't remember much from the Disney version, but I think I watched a little, wasn't feeling it, and quickly tuned out.
I think that whoever was writing for "Doug" when it was on Nickelodeon really understood what a 12 year old kid's joys and fears are and it showed kids the value of honesty and integrity without it coming across as heavy handed.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Doug and Patti are included. I Used AI To Transform 14 Cartoon Characters From The 2000s Into "Real People" And...Wow
Here's the link, https://www.buzzfeed.com/jake_farrin...6NXFnYwQFWfKl4
Old 07-29-2022, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

that’s cool
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 11:23 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

AHHHHHHH!!! They made Doug look deformed, but Patti looks okay. Actually, everyone but Doug looked decent or understandable. They made Doug look like a giant stomped on his face, they did him so wrong lol.
Old 07-30-2022, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
AHHHHHHH!!! They made Doug look deformed, but Patti looks okay. Actually, everyone but Doug looked decent or understandable. They made Doug look like a giant stomped on his face, they did him so wrong lol.
Yes, the struggled in their drawing of Doug to put it simply.
Old 09-12-2022, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

10 Nickelodeon Cartoons That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time
Nickelodeon had a unique way of standing out by creating innovative classics, still fondly remembered today.
Doug Deals with Relatable Coming of Age Themes
Doug is a timeless coming of age series that revolves around the titular Doug Funnie. A particularly enduring aspect of the series is that Doug deals with relatable experiences as he progresses through adolescence. Most people have either met a "Doug" or themselves have had experiences similar to the protagonist.

Additionally, Doug has an extraordinarily active and colorful imagination, often bringing fictional characters to life through his narration. Quail-man, for example, complete with his underwear over his shorts, is a character fans still fondly remember today.
Here's the link, https://www.cbr.com/nickelodeon-cart...aviKsOx6RxsOCs
Old 09-12-2022, 11:28 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I didn't realize how relatable Doug was until I rewatched the episodes again a few months ago. I remember those times when I was a kid and I would daydream all the time, had a huge imagination, would be anxious, insecure, etc. I love so many Nicktoons, but Doug is definitely the most realistic and relatable IMO.
Reply   Post New Thread