Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2023, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I´m sure she did.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by me~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
I´m sure she did.
Same
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I follow her on instagram btw
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by me~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 04-17-2023, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
I follow her on instagram btw
Me too
Old 04-17-2023, 07:41 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

This may be my biggest opinion change yet, but I didn't really mind "Once More With Feeling" when I rewatched it this time. I still have to be in the mood for musicals, but I used to hate this episode but this time I liked a lot of the songs and found a lot of it funny. They did it brilliantly for a musical episode. What makes it even better is hearing ASH/Giles sing again, he has such a great voice. I still think it's overrated, but I respect the vision for the episode.

I don't remember how I felt about "Tabula Rasa" (It was never one of my favorites) but I liked it better than I used to. Great idea with everyone losing their memories but love how it really shows Willow is out of control with her magic addiction. Then even after all that, she was still using magic! She was so out of line for trying to make Buffy forget she was in Heaven, WTF! I don't blame Tara for leaving her, but the end of the episode is so sad. I still hate when Giles leaves, and it's so sudden. I forgot he didn't even seem to properly say goodbye to everyone. Giles leaving in S6 leaves such a huge hole in the show, no wonder everyone falls apart in their own way. I also get that Giles wants Buffy to be more independent and not keep depending on him, but I feel like it's wrong for him to leave Buffy like that. It wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't just risen from the dead and is still trying to adjust to life (Just one of the many things that made Buffy depressed that season, then she feels even more alone *sad*) Giles epic return later makes up for it though!
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Always nice to have a new perspective

I do also think Willow crossed a line by using the memory loss spell on Tara
Old 04-17-2023, 11:45 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I agree, especially after what Glory did to Tara in S5. I also forgot how arrogant Willow got when Giles and Tara called her out on the things she was doing with magic (Speaking of which, it is hypocritical Willow/Tara were against Dawn raising Joyce from the dead but then do it with Buffy. I know without Buffy there's no show, but still) I'm glad she eventually realized she needed help and vowed to stop doing magic. Best storyline of S6 IMO.
Old 04-22-2023, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dark Willow was the only interesting story of Season 6...IMO.
Old 04-22-2023, 11:14 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Thankfully I'm almost done with S6 and still mostly feel the same about the season and it being my least favorite. Warren/Jonathan/Andrew don't even seem to be around as much as I remember and everything moves just fine without them. I remember people used to complain that Adam came in too late in S4 (Which I don't really agree with) but he was consistent unlike these three. I also find it ridiculous Jonathan would even join them to take out the slayer, Buffy saved his life many times and he gave her that award at prom! Then again, they obviously put him in there cause fans know him but I still find it ridiculous he would work with them. Spike/Buffy is still the worst thing about the season, even more so that Spike is nothing but a spineless jellyfish that is desperate for any crumb he can get from Buffy even though she's embarrassed and repulsed by him. Even though she's using him cause she's depressed and he's pathetic enough to settle for that, but he's been that way since S5 with his weird obsession with her. He whines about how she's using him, but continues to put up with it. Even when she dumped him he was still willing to be her lapdog, utterly pathetic. I still stand by how sad it is Spike went from a cool villain to a neutered parasite.

Dawn is much more annoying this season than last season, others are dealing with real life issues and she makes it about herself. Get over yourself, immature ass. There were times I understood (Like when Willow got them in a car crash) but a majority of the time I was over her childish bs. Man, I miss Giles! His absence really shows and I still think he had horrible timing leaving this season considering everything Buffy is going through. Even though I don't like Xander/Anya, I felt so bad for her when Xander left her at the alter. It was so obvious it wasn't going to work out though. Xander proposed to her when he thought they might die fighting Glory, then the main thing was not telling anyone for months they were engaged. WTF? That was a huge red flag showing Xander couldn't handle it, then he instantly bailed as soon as he was shown those visions, finds out it was all lies and leaves anyway. I get that he didn't want to become his father, but I still think that was very crappy and he wasted so much of Anya's time.

I think one last thing I kind of changed my mind on is liking Tara more than I used to! I didn't love or hate her, she was just there for me and I didn't mind her relationship with Willow (Even though I will always be an Oz/Willow fan first. All day, every day!) but rewatching the show this time, I've really grown to love Tara and I hate that she's about to die! Then they pour salt in the wound putting Tara in the opening and having her and Willow be all lovey dovey, then she gets killed. With this show, that shows something bad is going to happen but that was so cold blooded.

I always liked the last three episodes of the season when Willow turns evil and Giles returns. Most of the episodes aren't that good, but the best ones to me are Bargaining, Once More With Feeling, Tabula Rasa, Wrecked, and Normal Again (Which I always liked and think it's one of the best episodes of the season) Oh, I'm glad they brought Amy back but I just wish they didn't make her character turn on Willow later. Still think Willow's storyline was the best of the season hands down, everyone else's storylines are meh IMO. So I still see S6 being my least favorite season.
Old 04-23-2023, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

I watched the Buffy movie last night by the way for the first time

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 04-23-2023 at 12:42 AM
Old 04-23-2023, 10:35 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

Glad to hear it, glad the movie gave us this great show. I'm surprised I'm even giving my thoughts since I've watched this show so many times in my life. There are so many things I have to get out of my system now lol. Maybe it's because I've discussed this show so many times on this board lately as well.
Old 04-27-2023, 11:22 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

Even though S6 is my least favorite season, Villains, Two to Go, and especially Grave are great finale episodes! Even though it's obvious, I can really tell when Willow goes evil she basically NUMBED herself with magic and it wasn't really Willow. She didn't even allow herself time to even grieve for Tara, she just went on a murder spree. Don't get me wrong, that sexist MF Warren deserved to get fileted by Willow, but then trying to kill Jonathan and Andrew (Even though I can't stand his annoying ass) then the world was going too far, she was just completely blacked out by rage. She was even trying to hurt her friends, Tara wouldn't of wanted that at all. I never thought about it before, but I hate that after Tara is shot she is just left in the house for hours. I wonder if the paramedics knew Tara was shot if they could of possibly saved her if they took her to the hospital. It looks like she was shot in the heart but you never know I guess. I hate that Willow just left Tara there to get high on magic and Xander didn't know Tara was shot. Then again, it's crazy he didn't notice all that blood on Willow when she asked what happened, but a lot was going on. I wish Tara wasn't discarded like that.

Even though Willow is powerful as hell, you could tell Buffy was holding back in her fight with Willow (and I don't blame her) No matter how many times I see it, Giles returning is one of the most epic moments of the show! He is so missed the whole season! He was so sexy coming back as a badass to fight Willow. I also love Buffy and Anya's relief and happiness when he returns. I always loved that moment when Giles notices Buffy cut her hair and she hugged him *hearts* I love their relationship. It was even cute when Anya told him she's blonde, like she wasn't blonde when he left lol. It's such a great moment when Xander stops Willow and is the one to bring her back from the brink. I feel so bad for her when she breaks down in Xander's arms. Like I said, Willow has the best storyline of S6 and it ends epically.

So even though S6 isn't that good in general for me, it goes out with a bang with those last three episodes. I still think and wish Oz came back when Willow went evil, he is her other love (and the love of Willow's life IMO) and maybe he could of helped bring her back from the dark magic too. One more season to go, it's been great rewatching this time. Maybe I'm also having all these layered feelings cause next month it will have been 20 years since Buffy ended. Man I miss this show and there will never be anything like this again.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 04-27-2023 at 11:28 AM
Old 04-27-2023, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I definitely agree with you on Willow regarding those episodes Tia and what she was going through

It took Xander’s love for his friend to bring her back
Old 04-30-2023, 10:48 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

Liking the last season so far. I also realized I already miss Tara, but I miss a lot of characters that leave over time like Oz, Riley, Joyce, Giles (Even though he is still around, I just miss him always being around and being in the opening credits) and now Tara *cries* That ending from Lessons where all the Big Bads from the series show up in reverse will always be so freaking epic! I'm glad they were able to get everyone to return for that. I'm still disappointed that most of them don't show up again after that. I would of loved to have seen more of The Master, Mayor, Adam, and Glory. Most of the season The First seemed to always show up as Buffy and Warren RMFE.

I don't remember liking or caring for "Selfless" that much, but watching it now it's a great episode! I've been over Anya becoming a vengeance demon again over Xander leaving her at the alter. I didn't like that he did that to her, but get over yourself. It's not worth killing people over it. I liked seeing past scenes of Anya, and I forgot her real name was Aud lol. I think the best thing about the episode was Buffy and Xander's argument over killing Anya cause they both had great points IMO. I do agree with Xander about how fast Buffy came to the conclusion about killing Anya when she keeps having bs excuses to not kill Spike when he has been shown to be a danger (Like EVERY SINGLE TIME he thought his chip was gone or stopped working, he instantly went back to trying to kill people. Was happy he could hit Buffy, then tried to rape her. So he was never redeemed or tried to be good) but Buffy had the trump card when she said she killed Angel cause she had to, even though she loved him more than she will ever love anyone. So she knew what Xander felt when he said he still loved Anya, but Angel was the love of her life and she killed him when she had no choice! I also loved that callback to when she said she was on her way to kill him and Xander lied about Willow saying "kick his ass" when she was trying to re-soul Angel. So that was just another moment showing Xander's hypocrisy in the past. I'm glad Anya tried to take back what she did and sacrifice herself, but I hated that her friend got killed instead. I felt so bad for Anya in that moment, and this episode made me hate that she dies at the end of the season. So far I think that's one of the best episodes of the season, I also remember also loving "Conversations with Dead People." Lastly, "Him" is a dumb episode but it is funny AF. I think that's the funniest episode of the series, it had me dying. Miss this show!
Old 04-30-2023, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don’t remember your opinion on the potentials before

Have you gotten to the point yet where they start arriving?

Yeah it was cool to see all the villains back to back

It was a well done sequence
Reply   Post New Thread