View Single Post
Old 04-17-2023, 07:41 PM
Butterfly85
Elite Fan

This may be my biggest opinion change yet, but I didn't really mind "Once More With Feeling" when I rewatched it this time. I still have to be in the mood for musicals, but I used to hate this episode but this time I liked a lot of the songs and found a lot of it funny. They did it brilliantly for a musical episode. What makes it even better is hearing ASH/Giles sing again, he has such a great voice. I still think it's overrated, but I respect the vision for the episode.

I don't remember how I felt about "Tabula Rasa" (It was never one of my favorites) but I liked it better than I used to. Great idea with everyone losing their memories but love how it really shows Willow is out of control with her magic addiction. Then even after all that, she was still using magic! She was so out of line for trying to make Buffy forget she was in Heaven, WTF! I don't blame Tara for leaving her, but the end of the episode is so sad. I still hate when Giles leaves, and it's so sudden. I forgot he didn't even seem to properly say goodbye to everyone. Giles leaving in S6 leaves such a huge hole in the show, no wonder everyone falls apart in their own way. I also get that Giles wants Buffy to be more independent and not keep depending on him, but I feel like it's wrong for him to leave Buffy like that. It wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't just risen from the dead and is still trying to adjust to life (Just one of the many things that made Buffy depressed that season, then she feels even more alone *sad*) Giles epic return later makes up for it though!
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote