Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2009, 02:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

Tony & Jeanne Apprecation Thread #1 - ''I Love You, Jeanne''

Story Of Tony and Jeanne

In Season 4 we are introduced to Tony's new girlfriend, Dr. Jeanne Benoit (played by Scottie Thompson). Her name is pronounced "Zhahn Ben Wah." The name is French although Jeanne does not speak with an accent. Although it is a french name, it is not pronounced correctly in French, the correct prononciation would have been "J-ann Ben Wah". Tony seems genuinely interested in her and has even told her that he is quietly searching for the right woman.

In the episode "Twisted Sister" it is revealed that he and Jeanne have not consummated their relationship, because he wants to take it slow out of fear of this relationship becoming like his earlier ones. When questioned by Jeanne, Tony explains, "When you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got." He even visits Director Shepard for advice on his relationship: her final advice is "What's stopping you?" and "Good luck.". Tony and Jeanne subsequently have sex in the episode "Smoked". He is really serious about this relationship and goes to great lengths, though often with a lot of inspiration from films, to make it special.

In the episode "Friends and Lovers", he shows how serious he is about the relationship when he confronts Jeanne about her previous boyfriend. Tony is suspicious of his constant calls and emails. Tony met this old boyfriend/ex-fiance, who was in fact a Metro Police Officer named John, though neither of them knew about the other's relationship with Jeanne. They bonded rather quickly through the fact that they were very similar in character, sharing many habits and traits, showing what taste Jeanne has in men and how serious this relationship could become. Unbeknownst to either Tony or Jeanne, John said good-bye to Jeanne in an email and died in Tony's arms.

In the episode "Iceman", Tony and Jeanne go wall climbing. Jeanne makes a bet that the one that reaches the top first gets to say "I love you". Tony wins but fails to tell her. Jeanne later refuses to answer Tony's phone calls, which makes him worried. He goes to visit Jeanne, who is crying. She tells him that she loves him, but that he needs to figure out if he feels the same way about her and what it is he wants for their relationship.

In the episode "Grace Period", Tony is told by his earlier love interest, Paula Cassidy, who had just lost two of her agents and blamed herself for their deaths, that if he loves someone, he should tell them while he still can. Cassidy throws herself into the path of a suicide bomber to save Gibbs' team. Tony is left standing distraught. He later goes to see Jeanne and tells her he loves her. The last shot we see is of Tony embracing Jeanne and crying on her shoulder, while REM's 'Everybody Hurts' plays in the background.

In the episode "In The Dark", Jeanne gets evicted from her apartment. While Jeanne is having a melt down about finding a new place, Tony suggests that they get an apartment together.

In the episode "Angel of Death", we learn that Jeanne's father is La Grenouille, (The Frog) the French arms dealer that NCIS Director Jenny Shepherd has been obsessively trying to capture for years.

However, in the episode "Bury Your Dead", we come to find out that Tony was lying to Jeanne as part of an NCIS assignment (with a tie in to the CIA's operation LODESTONE) to infiltrate an arms smuggling network. Jeanne leaves Tony a greeting card in her apartment, as she has apparently left the Washington, D.C. area, while the card is never read out loud, it is clear from the interaction between Tony and Ziva that his relationship with Jeanne is probably over. The actual card with Jeanne's written missive is shown in the episode "Family."

In this episode, Tony is struggling with how his relationship with Jeanne ended and throughout the episode has flashbacks on the relationship. Ziva tries to console Tony but he rejects her attempts insisting that he is "fine". At the end of the episode we see what was in the greeting card Jeanne left for Tony and it says "I am not coming back. You need to choose." After looking at a family reunited with their newborn baby, Tony tosses the card into the fire and joins the team, seemingly picking the team over any chance he had at all with getting back together with Jeanne.

Jeanne makes a reappearance in the episode "Internal Affairs" when she accuses Tony of murdering her father. It is later revealed she just blamed him. At the end of the episode, though Tony was mad at her for accusing him, Ziva tells him to be a man and tell her what she needs to hear. He pulls Jeanne aside, and apologizes for her getting caught in the middle of something that wasn't her fault. She asks him if any of it was real, after a pause he answers, "No." She then tells him she wishes she had never met him.

In a conversation with Tara Cole, Tony admits that since his relationship with Jeanne ended, he's been in a major slump with women, despite his continued bravado to his co-workeers; "real doctor, real love, real bad breakup".

B.Chambers
xoBrucasFan4everxo

Natalie

Last edited by B.Chambers; 11-20-2018 at 04:05 PM
B.Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

Despite the fact that I can't stand Jeanne, the ending of Grace Period was so beautiful; I was totally teary eyed when he told her he loved her.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Awwww i really liked them! Please add me to the shippers list =]

And i can so already see our next thread title:

Despite the real bad breakup, what they had was real love.
"Why am i thinking about you?" "You're a vampire now. And part of you knows you're a lot more like me than you're like him." || "What have i done?" "Nothing you should be ashamed of. You're a vampire now. You just have to learn the right way to be one. And I'm gonna teach you." || "How do you feel?" "I feel good! ... I want more!"
xoBrucasFan4everxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:02 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoBrucasFan4everxo (View Post)
Awwww i really liked them! Please add me to the shippers list =]
Added you.

Welcome to the Tony and Jeanne apprecation thread.

Natalie

Last edited by B.Chambers; 11-12-2012 at 05:46 AM
B.Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Wasn't a big fan of Jeanne but they were cute together... And wow this thread hasn't been touched since 2009!!!!

Smoked 4.10.

I'm Megan!
Megz1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

this is a great thread -even if it is 3 years old.
i loved the episodes with jeanne. she had great influence over tony and i was really sad when they broke up.
i love tiva, but i think these two were a great couple too.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Graphics Team Manager

People probably forgot about it since she left. Which is a shame as she was a good character - at least at the start - & she was cute with Tony

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the scenes she had with Tony, as long as things were good between them. Their last episode together is still one of my favorites, when Tony decides to be with his team instead of her. Very touching
Cosmic Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:57 AM
Supreme Fan

“It’s a cliche, but it is true. Life is too short to not tell someone you love them if you do.”- NCIS, 4.19 “Grace Period”

source
Old 02-13-2013, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw Thanks for sharing that here, Catia

I loved seeing Tony be in love for real. It was something entirely different to what we usually saw of him.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Supreme Fan

YW Steffi and you're right it was great seeing a different side of him
Old 02-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I loved that too

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygirl (View Post)
YW Steffi and you're right it was great seeing a different side of him
However, I loved it when Tony had to decide between her and NCIS, he chose NCIS. That episode was very touching.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:32 AM
Passionate Fan

I'd like to think Tony was Genuinely in love with Jeanne, but at the same time he pretty much used her, Ah to be under cover and to fall in love!

This old threads need to be updated

I'm Megan!
Megz1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

Awesome thread I did enjoy their romance the way they ended it was bad I get Jeanne was upset at him but hey it's his job Lu's her dad was bad I wish they had a better ending
Reply   Post New Thread