Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2019, 12:48 AM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS - "Silent Service" (16.17) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Mar 26th @ 8PM)

NCIS 16.17 - "Silent Service"
Original Airdate: March 26, 2019 @ 8PM

x

Episode Summary
Director Vance is notified by the Pentagon that the nuclear submarine Gibbs and
Bishop are aboard to conduct a murder investigation has gone radio silent.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread!
Old 03-24-2019, 03:33 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the thread.

radio silence can be a bad sign, but knowing gibbs I can imagine he is the one responsible for it. having a plan in mind.....

sound definitely interesting
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Pretty good episode!

Very scary what was going on in the Sub and how they were getting false orders. I feel like some of those on the Sub should have been charged or something for not cooperating Especially when they were locked in that room.

It was nice seeing McGee in charge and giving orders to everyone (including Vance) Loved that Ducky was used a lot and they figured out where the guy was at the very last minute (of course).

Loved the surprise at the end for Ducky
Old 03-29-2019, 12:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Glad it may not be the end of Ducky (yes I spoiled myself)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-29-2019, 02:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Glad it may not be the end of Ducky (yes I spoiled myself)
Oh absolutely Chelle, I so agree with you about Ducky! It was a darn good episode but for me the icing on the cake was when they had that surprise for Ducky. I totally thought they were taking him to a room where everyone would be, with food and balloons...but on the way, Ducky made his comment about how much he hated surprise parties and I thought, "Oh dear, he's not going to be happy." But then they announced he would be the NCIS Historian...and when they showed a close up of the door with his name and new title, and with that special music in the background that they always play at a sentimental time like that...I almost cried!

So whether he's ever coming back or not, the show clearly leaves us with the impression that he will at least still have a home at NCIS, will be in that room occasionally and to my mind that translates to he might be making the occasional appearance. SO HAPPY! It definitely softens the terrible news of his leaving the show.

So as one who has always appreciated the wisdom and kindness of Ducky, I'm happy with how they handled his departure.

Jenny
Jenny Heartland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Of course you spoiled yourself Chelle I am so glad they did that and found something for him

Jenny, I thought the same thing when they took Ducky down there.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:30 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I had to know if he was leaving or not

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-31-2019, 03:45 AM
Elite Fan

agree with what you've said here: good episode and a great way for ducky to stay on the show. hope we will still see him from time to time.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

This was quite the intense episode!

Aww and the surprise ending with Ducky, giving him the position of NCIS historian, how perfect. I'm so glad these means that he could still make the occasional appearance and that he's not leaving the NCIS family entirely.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

sorry, double posted me, you can delete.

Last edited by livstevi21; 03-31-2019 at 12:02 PM
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:53 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Palmer that's not nice to pick on Bishop

I want to know how much money Torres has

the captain didn't know NCIS was still on the sub?

yeah don't finish that sentence McGee

Yeah thought something was fishy going on. Sounds like someone else is giving them orders or the captain is just up to no good

So scary sounding

As always, threats of sinking the sub which would kill the characters . Do writers think its believable that they'd just kill off Gibbs (& Bishop)? I feel at this point - well of course NCIS will save the day & figure out a way to contact the sub themselves

Love McGee calling in a lifeline

Great ending Love how Vance was the reveal so it came from the top of the agency. Ducky asking if it comes with a badge & a gun

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)

Ducky asking if it comes with a badge & a gun
that was a good one
Old 04-03-2019, 01:27 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It really was. Love how a few of them all said no to him straight away too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-04-2019, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That Duky line was great
Reply   Post New Thread