Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2023, 12:38 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Hopefully they can find that

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 10:02 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Special Features (mostly just appreciation for everyone, the first one was the look over the season & journeys everyone went on but it felt shorter than usual):

Unforgettable: NCIS Season 20

the crossover at the start wasn't the original plan. A challenge for it is Hawai'i starts shooting two to three weeks before NCIS & they had written the cliffhanger ending in S19, only to be then told their closure of that would be a two-part crossover with Hawai'i.

Wilmer wanted more challenging scenes & moments for the character which is what we see when he gets trapped in the cage with Grace. Or the start of something

This season allowed them to explore the Parker episode better, now he was no longer settling in, now he was more established so we could get to know a bit more of who he is & his backstory. It also gave them an opportunity to build a friendship/understanding between the Vance & Parker characters

Sean had fun playing McGee in Vance's shoes. They talk a little about bringing back McGee's writing career

Diona wrote Turkey Trot because she wanted to explore Knight's character because she loves Katrina & she thought it would be interesting to give the strong character Knight a sister who was her foil. Katrina has lots of praise for Diona's writing skills/script, then playing that role in the episode

They hope to go different directions with the Palmer/Knight pairing than other shows have gone with a couple. But of course there's only so much you can do with a couple. Sounds like we may need to look out for curveballs being thrown at them, but from outside influences not inside. Not sure if they meant things they explored in this season or in the future. They talked about what attracts these two to each other, & how they felt they explored that this season. Basically Palmer is the opposite of what Knight has dated in the past, he's sensitive & caring & she's drawn to that.

20 Years at the Top

This one contains a lot of praise for the crew, cast, everyone who has made this show what it is & to last for 20 years & counting. If anyone wants I can rewatch & bring over some quotes. Basically it is just a lot of love for everyone & the show. They also were throwing up facts, most seemed things that we already know like when characters first appeared, the spinoffs, how some seasons have shortened, things like that.

Random fact: It would take nearly two weeks to watch the show nonstop/24 hours a day.

20 Years of Locations

The location manager & co-location manager have been with the show since the start.

They have seven days with the script to work out what they need for each scene of the episode.

The tunnel Gibbs & Ziva go through which is meant to be under Gibbs' house was a location they found under a school.

They talk a bit about how they go looking for things which might work & look like it is on the East Coast when really they're filming on the West Coast.

20 Years of Visual Effects

I missed his title but the person in charge here has been here since the beginning. They talk about different things they've done, including how they put Palmer on the ledge in Keep Going, how they blew up Gibbs' boat.

20 Years of Cinematography

The director of photography has been there since the beginning.

Talks a bit about different shots & lighting. Including how they did the shot of Ducky having the heart attack on the beach which was a little sad as he talks about the scene being a moment where we think we're losing one of our own. They couldn't know when they did this though.

Some talk about how everyone is family & he loves working on the show.

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Thanks for the specials!

It's wonderful to know that even after 20 years the cast & crew loves to work together...

I ended up watching 2 more episodes today - 6 more to go...

I think some quotes to remember from the 20 years special would be good, in case there are quotes to use for possible thread openings