Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2022, 10:20 PM
Graphics Team Manager

NCIS - "The Helpers" (19.13) Ep. Discussion Thread (Airs Feb 28th @ 9PM)

NCIS 19.13 - "The Helpers"
Original Airdate: February 28, 2022 @ 9PM

x

Episode Summary
While investigating the death of an intruder at Quantico, Jimmy and Kasie are exposed
to a deadly biotoxin, and the NCIS team calls on Doctor Carol Wilson for help as they
race to find the antidote. Also, Torres tries to distract Jimmy's daughter, who came to
the office to spend the day with her dad.
Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Sounds like a good episode!

Thanks for the thread!
Old 02-27-2022, 02:54 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread.

So, Jimmy and Kasie in trouble again. Another terrible incident. Hope it is not going to make her quit.
I think it is the first time we'll see Victoria.
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 04:43 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes it is the first time we will see her since she was born

Brian Dietzen was also a writer on this episode which is cool.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-27-2022, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread!
Old 02-28-2022, 05:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)

Brian Dietzen was also a writer on this episode which is cool.
That is great. Love it when the actors write or direct - at least most of the time
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The episode was really good. Jimmy and Kasie quarantined was so sad and especially when Jimmy was talking to Victoria at the end Glad they found the antidote in time (I didn't not expect them to!). Loved the end also when everyone showed up in the hospital room.
It was so nice hearing how Torres and Victoria are so close. Never really would have expected that, but it was nice to hear/see.

Wonder how long this storyline will go on for? I hope they don't leave it for a cliffhanger at the end of the season.
Old 03-01-2022, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I agree, this was a really good episode

Loved seeing Victoria - the actress' age didn't bother me, she didn't act too old...

And it was a nice surprise to see Breena as part of Jimmy's "dream"

Hopefully, the arc will be just a couple episodes long, nothing too complicated...
Old 03-02-2022, 02:02 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Now I find it really interesting that they wrote Breena's character out but then got the same actress to play her in this episode! I presumed it would be flashbacks but its not. This is beautiful opening Wonderful that she was open to coming back for this, especially since I don't think she has done any acting for years

Victoria is cute. Fun opening with her in the squad room. Knight proving how she has no idea how to act around children, but she did a good job still. She at least tried. Figures she grew up hearing talk about dead bodies

Naughty Victoria then it seems. At least everyone is supportive of Palmer to help him out to care for her while he does have to bring her to work

Love Torres with Victoria & protecting her. A nice sounding board too which is good that she has that. Especially if she can't talk to her dad or doesn't feel like it

Go Knight in the alley with the guy . Love how he asked to be cuffed too

That would've taken a lot of strength on Torres part to not open that door to try wake Kasie & Jimmy up or help them. But at least he would've known that opening the door would've hurt/killed him & Victoria which probably stopped him from trying to

Why are so many Palmer-orientated episodes so emotional Beautiful message to his daughter. I wonder if the eye contact & nod between him & Torres was confirmation that he'd always look out for Victoria if something happened?

Glad Kasie felt better/more secure about herself after this. Hopefully strike 4 is a long way off

Damn. I saw in here there was a cliffhanger. Not a good cliffhanger...

(oh & thank you Australia for catching up & not then running away on me!)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-02-2022, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have gotten used to television at a certain point SORAS (Rapid Age Sydrome) children. It does sound Covid shooting made it impossible to use a younger child. And they wanted to use Victoria because Brian was actually help write the episode. He wanted to show her.

But given the weight of the episode. Probably wise to go with a older Victoria. Love that yeah we saw that she was willing to step up for herself... And Jessica teaching her a way of doing it without getting physical.

Love that we find out Nick has been spending time with Victoria each Saturday. It probably has helped him too.

Love that we saw how close Jimmy and his daughter, and he realizes he has to start to move on.

When you think of it. Kasie has had a lot of near death experiences recently. Of course it would make her think twice. Love how close she and Jimmy are...

A very interesting episode.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 12:24 AM
Graphics Team Manager

See I think they just hired someone who fit the part they wanted, & weren't trying to age Victoria the character. They didn't have any lines that implied it, they just unfortunately had someone who did look her age not Victoria's. But in saying that, some children are taller than others. But I think she was showing signs of puberty which Victoria wouldn't have hit yet. Unfortunate for them, especially if they didn't have the option to hire someone younger. I'm not sure about covid, but that could be it. Especially if younger children can't be vaccinated or haven't been as vaccinated. It may be safer to use older actors.

Of course they could've held off on the storyline until they could hire a younger actor but that isn't fair on Brian, they would've had to make things work with the actress that played Breena, & it seems like this is the start of a larger arc so would've been harder to hold off with

I'd love for them to do an audio commentary for this episode or special feature & maybe we can know the thinking behind their casting along with other things

Quote:
Love that we find out Nick has been spending time with Victoria each Saturday. It probably has helped him too.

Love that we saw how close Jimmy and his daughter, and he realizes he has to start to move on.
Yes Completely agree with both of these lines

I kinda feel like they might be trying to pair Jimmy & Kasie together sometimes tbh This is just one more step that could point towards that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-03-2022, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have read elsewhere, I do not know it was true that Brian has implied that shooting conditions make it impossible at the morning to deal with younger child actors. So if they had upheld Victoria's true age, around 7. It would have been more difficult, with how they are shooting these days. And safety conditions and such...

So, they aged her up a little. And it was good to see Victoria and Jimmy are very close. And she's strong, but sensitive too...

I have gotten hints for a little while now that about Jimmy and Kasie. They have been showcasing their friendship. And he did not want her to leave the agency. So, who knows if it will mean anything.

But given the ending, this was a jumping off point to arc about the villian of the story.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed with everything else that was said. Some things were stuff that I forgot about!
Old 03-03-2022, 11:45 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It does make sense if it is because of covid. A shame though they couldn't cast someone a little younger or looking a little younger. I presume 12 is the youngest they could get but not all 12 year old look 12. Hard to ask a 13 year old to pass for 7 though... She did a wonderful job, regardless. I don't think the show aged the character though, they just used an actor who was older than the part she was playing (extremely common - look at all the actors in their 20s who play teenagers, only they can pass easier than asking a preteen to pass as a young child).

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-04-2022, 04:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hello all. This is my first time visiting in over five years. Long story. I hope you have all been well.

Now that out of the way, I came specifically because, while the episode was excellent and the actress who played were was great, I was furious at the aging of Victoria. The child is seven years old This was ridiculous, absent an overall time jump. I personally felt it was an insult to viewers who have followed this show for years. I know we are often asked to suspend reality when watching tv, but this is ridiculous. What next? She'll be getting married in a couple of years?

Thanks for listening. I just had to vent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
It does make sense if it is because of covid. A shame though they couldn't cast someone a little younger or looking a little younger. I presume 12 is the youngest they could get but not all 12 year old look 12. Hard to ask a 13 year old to pass for 7 though... She did a wonderful job, regardless. I don't think the show aged the character though, they just used an actor who was older than the part she was playing (extremely common - look at all the actors in their 20s who play teenagers, only they can pass easier than asking a preteen to pass as a young child).
Would you please explain why you think COVID had anything to do with aging Victoria? I'm not quite understanding.
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread