Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2022, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh

Agreed get off watching on the computer via S1 of OG

the continued family dynamic of family among the team

Also the LGBT and figured about the lead with the captain we met first episode

LOVE a female lead as well man is she badass Taking on the gang members on herself at first Damn girl

Its been 3 episodes and its refreshing not to have a favorite yet each member is interesting and like that

8th is next after "break" to poke around doing stuff than probably few more this evening as I realize its 5pm I probably be caught up after tomorrow see what I can get done before my appointment with my doc [see OT this weekend for health update]
As always tend online to be an open book even in RL most know am "bi" never have dated a female or had "sex" with a woman but over the years have had my "fun" with woman -- 17 was first time kissing both genders To me didn't really notice a difference -- In my life have only had 2 long term relationships where first time even having sex was at 20 That's a different story of disowned mother 14 years now would say

So am VERY intrigued by the storyline between the ladies 1 willing to not hide but the other not at that point I love them together and it'll be interesting to watch them blossom/grow
Another love of mine is History/Military where have always wanted to visit Pearl Harbor and wanting to see/tour U.S.S Missouri

Really liked the memorial episode for Attack of Pearl Harbor was very interesting and glad it came to a happy ending

I'll do the other half tomorrow/weekend cause have to leave around 1PM for an appointment than a movie watch at 6pm so might watch some in the morning or try a different recent show
I agree with Lucy cutting Whistler free BUT not happy I hope they can reunite but otherwise Lucy was right too

So not gonna get to 1x18 until catch up on the other 2 where need to finish previous season for both -- I know where to start at least for OG and see where need to start for LA too

Assuming might find out more but 1 thing not been happy about is lack of info about Jesse's personal life he talks a lot about his kids

Decided to stop after 1x13 to give me time to get ready to leave for appointment -- won't get back to it until caught up on the other 2

Oh Gibbs stole Jannie from Maggie oh that he's Maggie's son and the fact she was the ring leader beautiful scene Jannie with her son at the end though
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 04:24 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think you're the only one I've seen who actually likes Tara/Kate's relationship

I identify as bisexual, & all for LGBT visibility, but I see nothing between those characters. A lot of "hate" for them is homophobic, so I don't agree there. But I do completely agree that there isn't the chemistry, it was pushed from the start, & they could've done things differently with them. The whole Kate Whistler character needs work. They softened her as the episodes went on which is wonderful, but she still holds no purpose. She's not a part of NCIS but she's always there. She'd be better off as more reoccurring. At least with Jane's eldest child he's classed as main (or was at the start, not sure if he still is), but he isn't actually being used in every single episode. One highlight from the crossover for me was Kate's absence. The episode prior however Kate's inclusion worked well. So sometimes they get it right. Other times I just don't get why she's there. I don't see chemistry between Tara & Kate, & their scenes are the breakup are just awkward & unnecessary components in the episode. Kate should've just realised that she was wrong, she hurt Tara, & left her alone. You don't start up something with someone while you're still in a relationship with someone else. Then expect that person to just not care that you were lying to them. Or not apologise for it. But I think that might be part of her personality - she may not realise that she hadn't actually said sorry even though she intended it. She just scrambled trying to get back what she lost. But I still see nothing there so it just annoys me as those scenes contribute nothing to the episodes. It is unfortunate as they started with something interest when they showed that one was out & open while the other was private, but then turned it into a mess that actually hurts the show more than helps it.

They could've been better off establishing each character first. Then see if there was chemistry, & if there was to move forward with a relationship. I think that'd be more enjoyable to watch.

I think Jesse is one they're still developing but they do have an episode they explore him more. At first they focused more on Kai & Jane which is fair enough with where they were heading with Jane's character. But did leave Jesse & Tara lacking a little. They probably thought they were exploring Tara's character through her relationship with Kate, but that just wasn't connecting with viewers from what I've seen. It also doesn't speak a lot for who she is, what brought her to NCIS/Hawaii, ect.

The Maggie episodes I think were beautifully done Love how they tied it with the OG without needing a backdoor pilot starting point. A nice history they were building between the shows without having to involve the other show or characters

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 01:25 AM
Graphics Team Manager

'NCIS: Hawai'i' Star Tori Anderson Explains Why Vanessa Lachey is the 'Center' of the Show (Exclusive)
The video is actually an interview with Vanessa so not sure what that article is quoting. The video goes for 13ish minutes & talks on other things. Haven't watched it so not sure if they mixed up the actors or something there

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-19-2022, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Thanks for the article... Video really...

And also I just realized that Sarah watched the first half of the season a while ago...

I still haven't watched anything other than the pilot though...
Old 08-20-2022, 01:51 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah she did. Not sure if she has continued yet

Hope you do have the chance to check out some more episodes soon

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-20-2022, 01:04 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Or I will check out the season opener for s2 instead... I know that the characters are likeable...
Old 08-20-2022, 05:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

you could also do that too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-21-2022, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

That's probably what I will do... Especially with the crossover episode
Old 08-22-2022, 12:24 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Did you watch the other crossover episode?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-22-2022, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I think I did...

but can't recall match from the case.. i do recall tidbits, so I must have watched both parts...
Old 08-22-2022, 11:05 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Sounds it then

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-23-2022, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I recall the T&T explanation, and the car crash and the Hawai'i mkntage of the team being on the island at the end of the 2 parter, but not the case itseld...
Old 08-24-2022, 01:23 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I can't say I remember much either

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-24-2022, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Hopefully the 2nd crossover will actually stay woth us
Old 08-25-2022, 01:37 AM
Graphics Team Manager