Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2021, 02:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I cried too at the ending... It was just heart breaking...
Old 02-23-2021, 03:42 AM
Graphics Team Manager

McGee's children are now old enough to be talking to him on the phone? Can we please see them again?

They do this reveal so casually So sad

Only three in the elevator? That's annoying. Nice to see them having a little fun with the precautions & how frustrating they can be

While I get Palmer taking on more work is realistic I feel like he isn't the best person to be doing it. But we don't know how long ago Breena died. I fear it is too much for him, but it would be too much for everyone

Nice to hear about Torres's sister again Looks like she looks after him & gives him some food

I'm glad that they have had minimal filming with Ducky & he's now shown on screen. Nice to see Palmer turning to him for help too. Even if he already knew the answer. See I fear that he's struggling... more than just because of covid

Torres has a very fancy house

Interesting talk between Gibbs & Sloane with her considering leaving... I wonder if she really will get to leave as she is considering or if they have something else planned for her...

I think I'm too tired to fully understand what this case was about It seemed like a good episode though

Glad Gibbs came down & spoke with Palmer. He's the only one who can relate here. Wonderful scene between the two of them; Brian (& Mark) did an amazing job with it & the emotions. As terrible as it is I'm glad that they did this. That they showed the awful reality & it affecting the characters. But I also get that its hard when shows should be an escape & they're telling covid storylines. But NCIS is a show which has dealt with some real emotions at time & this moment is no different, it should be no different

Beautiful moment at the end of the episode with the team & Palmer reading his letter too

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I second that Chelle, McGee should have a father & children day soon

I agree with your thoughts.

Brian was amazing in this episode...

& I wonder too how they're going to write Sloane out...
Old 02-23-2021, 04:13 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I wonder how old they're saying the twins are now. The episode they were born in aired November 2017 so that was only 3 years ago. Are children in school that young in the US? I presume it is just preschool but maybe that's different in the US than here. Although I guess here you could still do learning at home with your preschoolers...

They seem to be setting her up one way in this episode but the description for the next episode seems to be setting up other ways. But the events of the next ep may just be the push that she needs to actually leave

Brain is an incredible actor. I'm glad they give him these emotional moments to play out as he's really good at it. I wish he'd get an award for it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-23-2021, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Preschool depending on what month born -- they could be in preschool at 4 its confusing, think my eldest niece started early where she's a summer baby just like my youngest niece that will likely be heading into preschool soon
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:11 PM
Graphics Team Manager

They should only be 3 though. I think they've aged the twins quicker & are saying they're 4 or 5 now. Or McGee just meant that the twins couldn't be in care, meanwhile Jimmy had to be homeschooling Victoria since she'd be about 6 now

What is preschool over there? Is it like formal learning but just not mandatory?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-23-2021, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not exactly sure cause it was Kindergarten for me

Full-Day Kindergarten
Old 02-23-2021, 05:27 PM
Graphics Team Manager

See that's what preschool is here, which to me wouldn't require learning from home during covid . Just that they need to look after the twins & can't send them to a preschool (since I presume over there they closed?)

Here Kindergarten is a part of school, or is in my state, so that is formal learning. Preschool is a part of daycare-type settings (where I work). They never closed here, parents were just recommended to keep children at home if they could. We were meant to be more for essential workers. But covid also wasn't bad here so we didn't really have schools closed for long anyway

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-23-2021, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea I know my youngest niece is in daycare think oldest niece is in kindergarten
Old 02-24-2021, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I didn't really catch that part tbh about McGee's kids...
Old 02-24-2021, 03:12 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I probably paid extra attention to it because it was McGee That & the news about Breena probably shocked people so the rest of the conversation got forgotten, but really it was just mainly two lines.

The scene starts with McGee on the phone with Morgan telling her that she can't take her computer with her when she goes to the bathroom. He then starts talking to Bishop & Torres about how being a parent is hard. Bishop mentions babysitting her nephews & a dog once & that was hard, Torres mentions how he likes living alone because keeping one person fed & alive is enough for him. McGee then says: "Oh, believe me, Delilah and I love our kids, but we love them even more when they're going to school." Palmer then shows up & McGee has someone to talk to about parenting & says "You're doing the homeschool thing, too, aren't you?" this of course then led into the reveal about Breena (transcript)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-25-2021, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally missed that as well. Probably another thing that they thought the fans would forget about
Old 02-25-2021, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I don't know... He could have possibly meant preschool, with school...

Also, nowadays there are all sorts of special preschools, kindergartens where children are taught all sorts of advanced stuff, like 2 or 3 languages, depending on the amount the parents are willing to pay for special education...

I know that I read a few articles about special "high-end" preschools costing more than even universities
Old 02-25-2021, 03:44 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I presume they/he meant preschool. But I also wouldn't be surprised if they forgot how old the children would all be either . But maybe over there preschools were mostly shut down & learning from home. I think Kelly Clarkson's children were like that & they're about 6 & 4 so they'd be around the same ages as Victoria & the twins. I know recently she said that the younger one went back to his school before the older one did. They just were going to a Montessori school (&I wouldn't be surprised if they had homework)

I feel like some schools go too far too early with the teaching. Learning languages is fine, its the best time to learn a second language. But when they're expected to write & do math, ect. it is going too far. If they're ready for it, sure, but I don't agree with the high expectations & pushing it on children. They've got plenty of time to learn things, let them be children while they still can. At least here to go to school children should be able to recognise & preferably write their name, that's all. They don't need to be writing sentences or understanding math equations so the "high-end" preschools isn't necessary.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-26-2021, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I'm pretty sure that preschools were closed as well over there for a while

Learning one other language sure, but 2 or 3 besides the one that the child should be able to understand/recognize by the end of preschool sounds a bit too much...

I agree with you Chelle