Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

I was a little surprised by the lack of detail into Mcgee's plot and the tiva stuff since both were hyped up in spoilers but I figure the episodes that will follow will get into that. I think this episode was really just to show what had happened to everyone and to end the Dearing arc.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Love the new opening! So happy to see Brian in there!

I enjoyed the episode. There was a lot of stubble things in it so if you felt that it was lacking do go back and rewatch it! You might be surprised.

Gibbs would be the only one that I would trust to bring a knife to a gun fight and win!

Tony and Ziva in the elevator... aw. I think some of it may have been cut for time.

Abby poor girl.

McGee... he was lucky that he wasn't injured more.

Palmer, aw, they grow up so fast!

Ducky... well done David McCallum! Fantastically done!

Fornell- Brings out beer and canolli 'You never dress up for me anymore' I do love when Fornell visits!

I give it two

Born and raised Navy brat
fourleafclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought there would be a little more to Ziva and Tony being stuck in the elevator too, but either way I still liked it... especially when Abby stuck her head in when the doors were opened. Oh Abby.

Loved that they brought Fornell in!

Glad none of the team was badly hurt.

Glad to see Ducky was back at NCIS!

Brian in the credits

Quote:
Gibbs would be the only one that I would trust to bring a knife to a gun fight and win!
So true! And that reminded me of something on tumblr that I had to go and share
Old 09-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Absolute Fan

I love this episode, I love it specifically because of the things that some people thought were slow or boring - this episode is very much based on emotions and subtlety and the cast plays to that perfectly well. Many of the scenes and interactions is very much understated but if you look closely, you can see the thread building for the psychological fall-out this will play throughout the season.

They wrapped up the story, but left the fall-out still clouding over the team and it's clear that no one is really recovered from this and it is interesting going into the rest of the season to see what it will bring.

The show is most definitely not running out of scripts, in fact, I love that they focus on the emotions and not just running around chasing criminals and action scenes of big fights. I love these scripts when the characters and their emotions get to shine, when you get the scenes where the camera lingers on a character a bit more and you see their expressions, especially when you have a cast that is spot-on and always brilliant. No dialogues needed when you can read their eyes.

A wonderful opening and proves again NCIS is the top-dog of TV shows.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
BryceLarkinFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceLarkinFanForever (View Post)
The show is most definitely not running out of scripts,
i don't think that either. it feels (and i hope it is true) that they can go on for years. the writers are as good as the actors. the whole show (the cast, the crew, the stories) is coherent.

nonetheless there will always be episodes that are better than others and there will always people who like the episode and some who don't
nuwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:32 AM
Absolute Fan

I saw it live on a stream on tuesday, and I have to say that I liked. I was never too fond of the Dearing plot (he is such a blah villain) and that's why I was happy that they wrapped it all in this first episode.
There were great scenes with all the characters, Jimmy saying that he wished that he was Gibbs, or Fornell saying to Gibbs that he never dresses up for him anymore (these two are so married!), not to mention Tony and Ziva in the elevator (I wasn't expecting something major, explicit, cause that's just now the way they do things in this show, besides it wouldn't make much sense if they started to make out or something cause they are not in this place, not yet), mentioning James Bond, Eli David calling, flirting and just laughing with each other
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work, and the only way to do great work is to love what you do" - Steve Jobs
"....Once a wildcat, always a wildcat..."
Brilliant Chatterbox ♥ Spirited Warrior
icon credit: Cheali
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

i agree i loved this first episode was amazing .. poor ducky wanting to be with his family but sending palmar instead i love that palmar was with him sweet

- lucky no one we cared about got hurt .. but as ziva said some one of the workers they work with could be dead a great line

- love that tony released being in a left was a stupid idea hah

- ziva dad calling her tony and his dad not calling him

- love fornell being there that was sweet gibbs' partner lol and i do like that he said about gibbs not getting dressed up for him anymore

- ok now mcGee i always wish something would happen to him and when it did im like know but i hated that it was something so small i wanted to see tony actually show that he cares for him .. we saw a cute moment with gibbs but u thought he would of truly got hurt.

- i would of liked the evil guy to stay the cassette tapes from his son was sad though.. but i love the end scene voice over rolling over to the team going into work and gibbs smiling at them .. a proud puppa

- but i must say when gibbs stabbed the guy did anyone else have a feeling like he was being watched?
Old 09-29-2012, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know I am actually still away, but I HAD to watch the episode, I was so psyched for it

I loved it. I will rewatch it again this week. There were so many sublte moments that made me think how much I love this show and all the characters on it.

McGee I am so glad he is fine The scene he had in the beginning with Gibbs was very touching. Gibbs touching his face, McGee's little "Uh-oh"... he sounded like a little boy, and it made my heart go out to him

I really liked the Tiva elevator scenes, there was definitely some heat between them. I liked it when they discussed their co-workers. Eli calling... was a nice thing, but I still can't stand the guy, so I would have been happier to see Tony's dad call.

Brian in the credits I was so happy to see him there, and he did such a great job in this episode! When he screamed at "Abby" and it was actually Gibbs, Fornell and Vance he shouted at I laughed so hard. I also loved his scene with McGee, those two make a great combination for entertaining scenes.

Poor Abby, I bet she will take the most time to recover from what happened. I loved her scene with Ziva in her lab.

Did Harper Dearing really think he could take out Gibbs first with the gun? Or what was his intention right before Gibbs stabbed him? Anyway, I was glad to see Gibbs finally ending the terror with Dearing.

Ducky I just wanted to hug him all the time, I am glad he seems to be doing fine for now. His scene with Palmer in the beginning was the perfect opener, very emotional, fantastically played by Brian and David.

I think all the storylines which were mentioned in the episode will be explored this season, like McGee and his father (which I would be so interested to see!). I can't wait for more NCIS, and I am so happy it's back
Cosmic Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Brian - FINALLY! So happy he got promoted. I LOVE YOU, Palmer! You precious thing, you!

This was the first time I watched ..not live since I have school, but caught up. I watched 9 seasons in 6 months, and now I'm finally able to watch on time. So I don't know if that's why I was slightly underwelmed with the premiere.

Lots of Gibbs. Great! And Fornell and Vance and SecNav. Which was great and they NEEDED to be there. But our team was minimal.

I actually WANTED McGee HURT. Like, seriously hurt. Nope. A little dazed and Gibbs noticed the glass. And that was a great scene, but that was it. Abby didn't really have any reaction. Yeah, loved him talking with Penny about his dad. Maybe one day we'll meet him. And I'm probably HEAVILY biased, but I coulda at least used a Sarah mention. Woulda wanted him talking with his SISTER over his grandmother.

Loved that David called Ziva in the elevator, followed by Tony's...any minute now.

But everything was just kinda underwhelming. The Dearing death...definitely knew that wasn't real. Because HELLO, half way through the PREMIERE! And happy that Ducky confirmed Gibbs's theory.

And the ending with Gibbs and Dearing was AMAZING. But the episode as a premiere.... I wanted more McGee, Ziva, Tony, Abby. And they didn't really feel like main stars.

Really excited to see what the plot point of this season is since they wrapped up Dearing. Which is for the best. I'm GLAD they didn't drag it.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ lol hey glad your here and I agree I would lof loved McGee sister mentioned in it ... I want more McGee scenes this season and maybe more palamr to

Question did he actually get married ,?
Old 09-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Yep, they got married. But they eloped since Jimmy's "family" (NCIS) couldn't be there.

I love how the season opened with Ducky and Palmer.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
Yep, they got married. But they eloped since Jimmy's "family" (NCIS) couldn't be there.

I love how the season opened with Ducky and Palmer.
They did? I thought he was going to wait ..

Ducky and palmar awesome I love them two
Old 09-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved it when Jimmy called Ducky his best friend while doing the autopsy on Dearing’s brother
Old 10-02-2012, 05:06 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't really know what I can say about this episode. It was a good starter, & I'm glad they finished the storyline (but had no doubts on it). I liked how it was done, more based on little things & emotions.

The only thing I'd already seen was the theme, I had to see Brian added to the credits . That was all I allowed myself to look up . Loved seeing him in there . About time!

I'm glad no one was seriously hurt from the team. There were some great lines, especially mostly one liners. Including Fornell's comment about Gibbs never dressing up for him anymore (can he come back more often? )

I may be in a minority here, but I'm glad there wasn't more Tiva & elevator scenes. There was just enough, it was subtle, & it was still there. As much as I'd love to see them together, having them get together in the elevator is just a bit well off to me. The way they had it was good, believable. I don't know that I would have believed them getting together in there. They would have been worried about people & wanting to get out .
Something I've been wanting to ask for a while now - what is with Ziva being stuck in elevators? First McGee when there was the blackout, & now Tony . At least she didn't hurt Tony or any of his belongings while being stuck in there though.

Abby she's so precious & adorable when she's worried (including the scene at the elevator)

Ducky & Palmer ... Well done to both of them I love the mention of what they mean to each other again

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourleafclover (View Post)

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Something I've been wanting to ask for a while now - what is with Ziva being stuck in elevators?
I was wondering that too Or with Tony and Ziva being stuck in dark places, like in Boxed In
Reply   Post New Thread