Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2019, 02:17 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Mystery solved about when we last had an elevator meeting

I still don't think McGee didn't know. It just doesn't seem logical to me that he wouldn't... but I also haven't gotten around to rewatching eps to investigate either

Quote:
I was proud of the team, they've grown so much, that they had the courage to corner Gibbs when he was acting strange.
I completely agree with all you put in the last paragraph bit but especially this part. They really have grown & bonded, as well as have the balls to go no Gibbs we need to know what is going on. No way at least McGee would've been able to do that even only a few years ago I think

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed with you both And thanks for letting us know about the previous elevator meeting!

Quote:
No way at least McGee would've been able to do that even only a few years ago I think
So true. I think he really changed once Tony left and is now more confident and doesn't take as much BS as he used to
Old 07-11-2019, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
So true. I think he really changed once Tony left and is now more confident and doesn't take as much BS as he used to
Agreed. I guess the fact that he's not constantly made fun of or handled as a probie (or as a punch box for jokes) anymore helped him to mature. I mean I loved his friendship with Tony, but it had it's downs...
florerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:23 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I completely agree. I think losing first Ziva & then Tony was actually quite good for McGee & his character growth. While I loved their interactions & that team bond between them, & Tony & McGee had lots of fun moments together, it has been good for him to grow. He was the probie for far too long

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-12-2019, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Also he's now the senior field agent. The trusted second to Gibbs. Still he's not totally confident to go at Gibbs, but sometimes he gets the courage but still he's come a long way, and know he knows he can do the job.

Actually long before Tony left he stopped taking all the grief Tony gave him but they had a brotherly friendship so a lot of the time it rolled off his back, and they would bicker back and force but when Tony was around, he would always be "Probie".

Just like to Franks, Gibbs was always his Probie. And Gibbs grew when he was away from him, and then over the years he saw the downside of Franks' behaviour.

Still he's looked at differently now. So with the benefit of time and experience has allowed McGee to grow.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:42 PM
Graphics Team Manager

While I agree, I do think McGee never full could grow into a senior agent with Tony around. He was always going to be the inexperienced one when compared to the rest of the team (Ziva/Tony/Gibbs) but now he seems more on even playing ground. Its a completely different dynamic. While he may have been able to handle Tony & they were more equals, he was always below or not good enough, even if he could step up & do the job or take the lead at times. He was always going to be Tony's probie (just as Gibbs was always Franks' probie) & McGee couldn't get out of that shadow until Tony was gone. I think he did grow but he didn't show it so much until Tony was gone

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-12-2019, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Completely agree with what has been said. Tony being gone definitely was better for McGee... as much as I loved their friendship and all.
Reply   Post New Thread