Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2015, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Chelle, I am into and in politics basically since I was 12. So for me it is somehow daily business. I did skip a few things over the past year to study and help my boss with her own thesis.

It is crazy for sure. There are a zillion things that seem scary but are not that scary at all. Like special behaviour and such things. You get used to that.
What is great about politics is that you can change the things you are passionate about and help other people.

My husband always says I am not badass enough to be in politics since I tend to be too nice to people even if they are bad towards me. But that is kind of the way I like to be. I like to be an honest and authentic one.

hope you will be having a quite night than
Old 03-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm not one bit interested in politics but I do think it takes a certain type of person to actually get into it. You need to be strong enough to face the crap thrown at you from the public & other politicians. Then at least in Australia there is the backstabbing & bitching about each other which makes it seem like politicians can't be nice people or at least be trusted. I'm sure some can & you do seem like a nice person so wouldn't fall into that category. But a lot of the time politicians annoy me, but Australia also has two parties which are likely to ever be in full power & the little things that smaller ones do can get overlooked by the crap the main parties are doing. Even the small accomplishments from members in those parties. But being able to make changes & help the things & people which matter most to you is always a good thing, no matter how you go about doing that. Being honest & authentic would probably do you good, & it might actually make you not take any crap from others who aren't like that

I did have a quiet night. Now today I'm playing catch up with some of the shows I missed while not having a TV since I now have one

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-28-2015, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine and gunpowder (View Post)
but first I am going to LOS ANGELES!!!!!!
Nice! Have lots of fun! Have you been there before? I can't remember if you have said or not.

Wow, that's cool you have been into politics since you were that young Yvonne. You sound like you you would be a good at the job! Good for you for wanting to take an honest and authentic approach when you get into office.

I think politics are like that everywhere Chelle. I don't follow politics either, but that's how it is over here too it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)
the past few days have been too long . I think I'll go lay down & watch shows for the rest of the night now (& at some point care about dinner )
Sorry you have had a long week. Seems like we all have this week. Good you had a quite night and caught up on some of your shows. Yay for having a new TV too btw.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. I am off to bed
Old 03-29-2015, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

the politicans here are exactly like that and this is why my husband is always worried But I did change for a certain amount of time. I did try to fit in. But more like saying yes and no just the way others did. and this is not the way I want to live and want to be known as.

Thanks Chelle I try to be nice and have a positive attitude hints why I can not get rid of the sunshine in my username
I am restarting my politicians weblog and I already did and will do some posts in English. So when I have it filled a bit more I can show you and maybe convince you that there are politicians who care about the people and not about themselves

I have not been there and I am so excited I am trying to see if I can see the set in a normal way, not in a crazy stalking way

Hope you sleep tight Steph did you catch up Chelle?
Old 03-29-2015, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh you will love LA then! Such a neat place and so much to do. I have been there twice and have been wanting to go back, but have yet been able to do so. I hope you are able to see the set! That would be so awesome if you could! I hope you will tell us about your trip when you go.

Thanks. I slept pretty good
Old 03-30-2015, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I sure will do

Tell me what I should do, what I need to see and what I should skip?

guess who just wanted to put her niece down to sleep and laid down next to her for 10 minutes and slept 2,5 hours? ME!
Old 03-30-2015, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There is so much you could do out there. It has been awhile since I last went and my friend and I spent a lot of time looking for things being filmed , but here is what I think you should do : Go on lot tours. I have only been on two of those, the WB Studios and Universal Studios (WB was my favorite). Hopefully you will get to do one where they film LA. Also, if there are shows you like that are taping (with audiences), you should try and do that. I went to two of them and had a lot of fun, but take a few hours to do. The Santa Monica Pier is a neat place to see. So pretty there and neat because of the stuff on the pier.

Recommend going to see Grauman's Chinese Theatre. It's neat place because of the hand and foot prints. Same goes with the stars... but there are so many of them that unless you know where the ones you want to see are, it would take a little bit to see them all (at least that's what I remember )

Something I would recommend, but I didn't get the chance to do (even though I wanted to) is go see the Hollywood sign up closer. I only saw it from the air and from the Kodak Theater, but I think if you go to Griffith Park, that is the closest you get to it.

I don't want to tell you not to skip anything, because I think you should go and see what you can while you are out there. With that said, the only thing I will say is if you go on one of those celebrity home tours or something of the like, do your research first. The one I went on wasn't that great now that I think about it, but at the time I thought it was good.

I know I went to more places than that, but I can't remember the others at the top of my head. Anyway, didn't mean to make that post so long Hope it gives you a few ideas though

Nice you got a 2.5 hour nap!
Old 03-31-2015, 02:27 AM
Graphics Team Manager

How old is your niece Yvonne?

Nope I didn't fully catch up. I've still got six episodes of Parenthood to watch. They air two episodes at a time so I've got three weeks worth of episodes to watch . At least that's all I have now though as I set NOLA to record wrong on Sunday night & watched SVU as it aired last night when I usually tape it (but it also used to be on later)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-31-2015, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

haven't you seen the Parenthood finale? don't watch it

my niece that I fell asleep with is 6 my other niece is one year old!

Thanks for all the tips Steph. Might I ask which celeb house tour was bad? I am writing everything down

Our new affiliate is helping me out catching the set and maybe see them I'll keep you posted if I do of course
Old 03-31-2015, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope you catch up on your shows Chelle!

You are welcome Yvonne. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of that tour company because it was awhile back.
Oh, that is awesome! I hope everything works out
Old 03-31-2015, 08:28 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I hope you do get to go to the set

Nope I haven't seen it yet. I'm only a few episodes in, especially since I'm now four episodes behind what has aired in Australia (at least I managed to watch two episodes today )

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-31-2015, 09:57 PM
Merc with a Mouth

Beep! Beep!
Old 03-31-2015, 10:07 PM
Graphics Team Manager

ok I'm going to fangirl over the fact that Tweety & Road Runner have visited this board since they are my favourites

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-31-2015, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

this is so cool

Steph, I might pitch you a name or two when we decide on the tour and maybe you remember. I am a big fan of trip advisor though I read all they have to say

I hope so too, Chelle. I haven't been that enthusiastic with a tv show in almost a dozen years. Actually since The X-files
Old 03-31-2015, 11:24 PM
Merc with a Mouth

Beep! Beep!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread