Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2015, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is so cold here right now. Supposed to be our coldest night in a couple of years. I like it though

I kind of got a little better sleep last night. Was so tired today though Abby is staying in tonight since it's supposed to be really cold though, so it may be another night where I don't get much sleep

Glad your moving went well Chelle! Also hope those two cyclones aren't going to affect you.

Sorry you had to work overtime 3 days in a row Yvonne
Old 02-20-2015, 01:54 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Are you enjoying working overtime Yvonne?

You probably could use some cold weather Steph but I hope it isn't too cold for you

I hope Abby doesn't keep you awake too much & you eventually catch up on sleep

My cyclones have made your news? Every time I hear the name of the closest one to me (Marcia) I keep thinking of The Brady Bunch & the line "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia" . But then since cyclones are bad & the situation isn't good I feel bad for finding some amusement even if it has nothing to do with the cyclones. On the news it looks like some bad damage & lost homes . The news also said something about it being the first (recorded) time that two category four storms have hit the country at the same time. One (Lam) is nowhere near me as it is at the north/top of the country. Marcia is hitting the east coast though, but so far mostly just up the top in Queensland. There's rain & severe weather warnings (& I presume flooding warnings) in the northern parts of my state but that's about it that I'm aware of. Where my parents & sister are has those, but not me (yet). All I have so far is cloudiness & possible showers, unfortunately I've also got high levels of humidity but no idea if that has anything to do with Marcia . It'll probably hit me next week but because I'm now close to Sydney by the time it gets here it'll be nowhere near as bad as when it originally hit land. The intensity level of Marcia has dropped quite a bit already as it was classed as a category five storm when it first hit but now it has dropped to category two. Still bad, but it has dropped down (if you don't know, you can find out more information about the differences in the categories here. There is rain predicted for next week so I presume I'll just get hit with that, maybe some strong winds. Anyway I'm babbling, sorry

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-20-2015, 04:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hello everybody

I'm sorry I haven't had time to keep up with little personal notes here. So, let me just say I hope everyone has been well, that their personal projects have been successful and... well... that all is good.

Someone mentioned cold? When I left for work this morning at 415am it was 3 degrees in real temperature. It broke the cold record for the day. I'm beyond sick of it. I want it to be over already It's supposed to stay cold and, they say, we should be getting some snow. I'm just going to the supermarket after work, picking some stuff up and hibernating all day Saturday. That's my final answer.

Last edited by Toni Boop; 02-24-2015 at 08:40 AM
Old 02-20-2015, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not too cold for me It was so nice. Abby did keep me awake last night Tried to be nice and keep her inside so she didn't freeze her tail off but she kept waking me up. Eventually I ended up letting her out.

Yes, I have seen about them on the news! Haha I would think the same thing if we had a hurricane named Marcia. Sorry to hear they are doing so much damage over there (even if it's not in the ares you live in). Good you or your family haven't been really affected by the storm and hopefully it stays that way. Oh, I already know about the difference in categories since cyclones are essentially the same as hurricanes just with a different name. A little bit of rain and wind won't be too bad for you

Yikes, Toni. I don't blame you for being tired of that cold weather! It didn't get that cold here, but our records were broke as well. You can come to Florida. It's supposed to be in the 80's the next few days. Your plans for Saturday sound like a good plan! I'd be doing that too if it were going to be another really cold night here!

Don't know if I will be around tomorrow. May go up to see my grandma. Found out that she is pretty sick. I think it's all the running around she does - even when she is sick.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Going to the Harry Potter Exhibition today!!!!

Before I am heading out I thought I stop by and tell you that I am wearing a Quidditch Team Slytherin short and my Deatheater (Bellatrix) necklace!

Hope you all see me in a few hours so I can tell you EVERYTHING
Old 02-22-2015, 03:32 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I hope the cold leaves for you soon Tony

It turned out Marcia didn't really want to do too much to Australia, it turned away. So while it did cause some damage & there is still rain as far as I'm aware there were no lives lost just buildings destroyed. A lot of wild winds, rain, storms, ect. but none of that came down to where I am. Presumably that's because it turned away & went back out to sea instead of continuing down the coast. I don't think Lam did much damage either because it hasn't really been mentioned on the news again since the day it hit that I've seen

Hope your grandmother feels better Steph

I think I'm losing my voice

Hope you enjoy the HP Exhibition Yvonne!

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-22-2015, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is so cool Yvonne! I am a little jealous Can't wait to hear about your experience! My goal is to go to the Harry Potter theme park. I live 4 hours away from there, but have yet to go

I want the cold weather back. It was already back in the 80's today.

Well that's good Chelle! It's always good when the storms stay away.

Thanks Chelle. We were going to go see her this weekend, but didn't make it. Going to go next weekend.

Hope you are not loosing your voice!
Old 02-23-2015, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Steph, you have to go! I went to the Wizarding World in Orlando in September so I had high expectations. of course it is not the same. this is a travlling exhibition so of course it is smaller, but I loved it. My favouite character is Bellatrix Lestrange and they had the costume I do have a costume replica myself. I've spent hours and hours working to make it. I still need to go to a convention to wear it
Old 02-23-2015, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, if it ever comes near me, then I would go But I will have to settle for the theme park in Orlando
That's cool you have a costume replica. Hopefully you get to wear it soon!
Old 02-24-2015, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I did wear it a few times, but I think only other Potterheads appreciate the time and specific details that my friend and I made there. We did go all out and put every thing in. we did even the little drawings all over

this is the one I am talking about:

sorry, all the HP talk, I am nuts with that. Did not know if I mentioned that I've written my Bachelor thesis on HP so basically I have a Bachelor degree in Harry Potter
Old 02-24-2015, 01:52 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That sounds like a cool bachelor degree . I don't know a lot about HP, I've only see the movies (some a few times, others only once) & never read the books. I'm not overly familiar with which character is which for some of them (going by the pictures though that was who I thought you were talking about)

Do you have a pic of your costume?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-24-2015, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

That would be a nice costume
Hello everyone
Old 02-24-2015, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've always wanted that degree I as well wrote a termpaper about

I am trying to find a picture of me wearing it I hope I can make up my mind and find the printed versions. my computer and laptop melted down in between taking the picture and today

Hey girl are you any better?
Old 02-24-2015, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine and gunpowder (View Post)
I've always wanted that degree I as well wrote a termpaper about

I am trying to find a picture of me wearing it I hope I can make up my mind and find the printed versions. my computer and laptop melted down in between taking the picture and today

Hey girl are you any better?
I wish you the best.

Take your time.

I am tired.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh I hear you we should go to bed
Closed Thread   Post New Thread