Old 09-30-2014, 02:45 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Good suggestion

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 07:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

add me. add me

And furthermore, I loved Mike Franks and was seriously bummed when they killed him off. He was Gibbs' mentor and friend. Family. My favorite episode with him, I think, was when Paloma Reinosa was out to get Gibb's father. Who was the cavalry he called? Mike Franks. And what did Mike Franks tell Gibbs at one point? "You do what you gotta do for family". I miss that.

Killing him off was a boneheaded move. Yes they brought him back as a ghost in Gibbs' memory but they can only go to that well so many times before it becomes trite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Definitely a screen shot of him and Gibbs on the beach in Mexico.
and maybe
one of him at Gibbs' bedside after the shipboard explosion put him into a coma.

Last edited by Toni Boop; 10-01-2014 at 04:50 AM
Toni Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:28 AM
Graphics Team Manager

oo those are good suggestions. Do we have a thread for Mike & Gibbs? Those ideas would fit in that too if we do & if we don't we really should...

I don't like that he was killed off. Such an amazing character & him as a ghost in Gibbs' memory isn't the same. I miss him. However I did like how they did the episode ("Swan Song") where he died

I'll add you shortly

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-01-2014, 04:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Glad you like my suggestions. I agree that Franks as a ghost just isn't the same

And thanks for adding me when you have a moment.

I don't believe there's a thread and I agree there should be. We could call it "Gibbs & Franks: Because "You do what you have to for family"

Last edited by Toni Boop; 10-01-2014 at 05:12 AM
Old 10-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I didn't like that they killed him off either.

Agreed, those are good suggestions for intro from Toni.

Here is the Gibbs/Franks thread
Old 10-02-2014, 03:31 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for the link

As a ghost we lose all interactions with everyone else & that is some of the best things about the character. Like how he reacts around the women, or how he acted to protect family

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Totally agree. He was great with the ladies. And they loved him back. If anyone is paying attention, to quote one of the characters from a completely different show I watch (yes I watch Marvel: Agents of Shield, sue me), it was

"Stupid... stupid... stupid... and cruel... and very stupid."
Old 10-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You are welcome.

And so so true about when they bring characters back as a ghost.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:24 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That quote sums it up well

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 01-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I miss Franks. That last episode with the copy cat killings of Gibbs' past was sad. And them finally figuring it out when the guy was killed just the way Franks was. All those flashbacks.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:58 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Awww no

I miss him too but usually love how they find ways to bring him into the show still despite him being dead

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread