Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2021, 01:31 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Just finished the show... I know only half year later than the actual series finale...

Thinking it through, and watching the Sasha & Conor story unfolding, I'm actually happy with how they have left everything in Pride's life.

His mom was able to remember for a short period, before dying, Jimmy bonding with Conor, Laurel being accepting of having a little brother... It was the perfect ending after the ups & downs we went through with Pride...

... I agree on occasion it was too much, but the show was able to come back from it stronger...
Old 12-19-2021, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good you finally finished it!
Old 12-20-2021, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It was time that I watched the ending
Old 09-16-2022, 10:31 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
scottbakula
To Quantum Leap fans around the world, in an effort to quiet the rumors and move on…

First of all, thanks for hanging around through the decades!

Here’s the simple version of what’s going on with the Quantum Leap reboot and me:

I have no connection with the new show, either in front of the camera or behind it.

In January, the pilot was sold and a script was sent to me because the character of Sam Beckett was in it, which makes sense, right? As so many of you have been asking me the last several months, “How could you do QL without Sam?"(or Al, for that matter) Well, I guess we’re about to find out.

That’s the story. As the show has always been near and dear to my heart, it was a very difficult decision to pass on the project, a decision that has upset and confused so many fans of the original series. However, the idea of anyone ‘leaping’ around in time and walking a mile in someone else’s shoes, remains a very appealing concept and so worthy of exploration, especially given the current state of mankind. In that spirit, I am crossing my fingers that this new cast and crew are lucky enough to tap into the magic that propelled the original Quantum Leap into the hearts and minds of generations past and present.
I wish them good luck and happy leaping!

SB
I thought that was a nice statement to make about the new QL reboot/revival & his absence from the show.

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Agreed

He explains politely why he didn't join the reboot, while wishing good luck to the next generation as well
Old 09-17-2022, 07:25 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes

It is nice to see a show being rebooted where the OG cast has been contacted & even offered to be on it. Even if he has chosen against returning. Love seeing that as well as how polite he is explaining his position & wishing them luck. I'm not surprised by it as Scott Bakula always came across that way. But still was really nice to see

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-18-2022, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I still miss NOLA sometimes, even with all the Pride bits it was a lovable show...

Has Scott been in anything after NOLA? probably not....
Old 09-19-2022, 03:10 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't think he has done anything else yet. According to Wikipedia he's made one off appearances in a couple of things as himself between 2016 & 2021 but still nothing dated beyond that so NOLA is probably still his most recent project

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-19-2022, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, that's what I was expecting...

... besides he can probably decide whether he wants to be involved in any projects, as NOLA had a good run
Old 09-20-2022, 05:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

I miss him I loved him as Pride such a good character
Old 09-20-2022, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Same here. Just give me enough time, and I will start NOLA from rhe backdoor episodes
Old 09-20-2022, 02:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by florerr (View Post)
Same here. Just give me enough time, and I will start NOLA from rhe backdoor episodes
You haven't watched La or do doing a rewatch?
Old 09-20-2022, 03:03 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Rewatch Hanna & I keep talking about how it'd be a good idea to rewatch the show... neither of us have gotten around to it yet

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-21-2022, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Chelle, we could schedule something of a planned rewatch to November, if you want

Yes, I watched NOLA once almost completely - but I want to start from the very beginning
Old 09-21-2022, 05:04 PM
Graphics Team Manager

We could try

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread