Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2020, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They do. Young Sheldon had a positive case the other week and filming as only suspended for a couple of days.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-21-2020, 12:59 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah we've had things resuming quickly here while waiting for results. But results also get back quickly here? Maybe they do there too so they can clear them? But they keep also monitoring the situation to ensure things remain safe?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-21-2020, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Pretty sure they're tested regularly and results are fast.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-21-2020, 01:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Based on the Insta story Wilmer published a few weeks ago they're being tested at least once a day... Probably more times...

& I assume that they get back the results quickly too...
Old 10-23-2020, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Probably within 24 hours.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-24-2020, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I think now the correct plans and procedures are in place, short of a complete lockdown they'll be able to continue working as long as it's safe. That's the way it's working here - a positive case on one show led to a 24 hour suspension so they could trace contacts, they resumed when everyone affected had been told to stay home and isolate.

Episodes take longer to film now though, so I think we should expect a hiatus after 3 or 4.
That's good then that the shows seem to have things down if something happens.

That has so suck to be tested every day.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think the main issue would be if someone in the cast gets it. With the cast being so small it may not be so easy to work around.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-24-2020, 05:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I've heard testing has improved, at least here, so it may not be as invasive. But the daily testing could also just be temperature checks too . You do what you have to do to do what you love too I guess

Quote:
I think the main issue would be if someone in the cast gets it. With the cast being so small it may not be so easy to work around.
Why do you say that? Which cast do you mean?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-24-2020, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

There are definitely daily temperature checks. I think there's signs up at entrances saying if you go past that point you are confirming you have checked your temperature.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-24-2020, 05:31 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I'd presume as much. Temperature checks are still a thing here so one would hope they definitely are in other countries. I was simply saying that the daily testing may simply be that & monitoring signs of other symptoms. They may not be being tested for covid every day. That to me seems a bit extreme, especially if they keep the cast as contained as possible. But of course things can change quickly & people can have no symptoms so it is better safe than sorry. Maybe its weekly covid testing but daily temperature tests?

The biggest issue I can see for the shows is that they have so many guest stars/extras & some crew members who are different each episode. They may need to be tested for covid more regularly than the cast itself. Or it may be they need to be tested before they can come onto the set before their filming begins.

I just hope that however they have chosen to keep covid safe proves to be effective & the cast & crew all remain safe. Especially our older cast members who may be in higher risk groups.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-24-2020, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It could be. I think it's likely, tbh, with the actual testing probably limited to once or twice a week. It'd be too expensive to actually test everyone daily.

They'd definitely be tested before they could go onto set, and they might limit guest stars for a while just for fewer people. Might actually work in our favour for some stories.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-24-2020, 05:52 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't know how they could limit things too much for shows which are 'new case per week'. While they could focus more on storyarcs (& it sounds like they are), it wouldn't be the same show without the cases. Or we'd start noticing if each case had the same rotating group of people. Bringing in new people for each episode to me is unavoidable & they are the ones who pose greater risks to the cast & crew as they're the wildcards each week. While I'm sure they're heavily screened & they're limiting as much as they can, they still need to change them each episode

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-24-2020, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Arcs are the best way to do that. Same guests for a couple of weeks, with fewer being brought in. That arc ends, bring in a new one, with maybe a case of the week episode in between.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 10-24-2020, 06:01 PM
Graphics Team Manager

See I disagree, while we'd respect why they were doing it, that isn't what any of the NCIS shows are. They'd become different shows to be able to do that. That's just a 'quick fix' to work around covid, which to me means they probably shouldn't have resumed filming if they have to do that. Its ok to do the arcs for a little bit, but not continuously.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-24-2020, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They might have to for a while if the alternative is no show. It would be wrong to keep all those people out of work.

There are other workarounds, though - cases with no witnesses or fewer suspects, for a start.

Leigh Tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread