Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for adding me.

Personally, I don't think we'll get any "in-your-face-we're-a-couple-now" because that's not how the show works. Sans the actual deaths, most of the storyline of the entire show & the characters is dealt with in narrative and quick flashbacks, but nothing really visually. And these personal details are showered in between banters and quips. But that's what makes it, for me, such a joy to watch because it doesn't feel as contrived and cliched as other shows.

Case in point, I didn't even realized that they did in fact sleep on the same bed together until Tony said, "Why did you lie to Nora?" It just hit me since Tony lied to McGee and Ziva to Nora then no one slept on the coach.

Bottomline, this show makes viewers think about the characters (its been 150 episodes and we still don't know how Gibbs was able to get his boat out of the basement?!?!), and I'm betting they'll continue to do that, much to my chargin of course cause I so want a full-blown snog between Tony & Ziva. Hehehe.

Wow, that's my second post and its already a mile long.
"They say nothing lasts forever; will you be my 'nothing'?"
Old 01-29-2010, 11:00 AM
Extreme Fan

I think they did sleep together. Literally. They slept in the same bed, together. But I don't think they had sex. But that's OK. I'm confident that something important did happen to move their relationship forward. Honestly, I don't see how any non-Tiva fans can deny that these two are meant for each other. I mean, all the looks, comments, and unnecessary touching that we got. Would regular coworkers or even friends act like that? No, only two people who are attracted to and care for each other would act the way these two acted.

BTW, did anyone notice the way Ziva reacted when Tony mentioned Jeanne? She didn't look very happy to hear him bring her up. Jealous a bit?
Old 01-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
BTW, did anyone notice the way Ziva reacted when Tony mentioned Jeanne? She didn't look very happy to hear him bring her up. Jealous a bit?
Yeah i've noticed..but really for me she doesn't have to worry about that..he never talked so easily about her and in a humor sentence so for me that was a proof that he really is over her..he's moving on finally and he really appreciate what is in front of him (Ziva obviously )

Quote:
Honestly, I don't see how any non-Tiva fans can deny that these two are meant for each other. I mean, all the looks, comments, and unnecessary touching that we got. Would regular coworkers or even friends act like that? No, only two people who are attracted to and care for each other would act the way these two acted.
Yeah i know..but some antis find every excuses to not see what is in front of them

Quote:
Personally, I don't think we'll get any "in-your-face-we're-a-couple-now" because that's not how the show works. Sans the actual deaths, most of the storyline of the entire show & the characters is dealt with in narrative and quick flashbacks, but nothing really visually. And these personal details are showered in between banters and quips. But that's what makes it, for me, such a joy to watch because it doesn't feel as contrived and cliched as other shows.
Yeah exactly...sadly for me it's really probable that we will find out that they are in a relationship when they will are already together right now...sadly because i would like to see their first kiss but i see that the writers are taking the off scenes route with those two..but in the end it's the same for me..i mean i would prefer to see when they will actual seal the deal, but i so want them together that i think that i will survive even if that doesn't happen..
Old 01-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't see how any non-Tiva fans can deny that these two are meant for each other.
Ziva haters will be Ziva haters no matter what and to them we are delusional. No matter how canon the couple is they wont accept it.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Ziva haters will be Ziva haters no matter what and to them we are delusional. No matter how canon the couple is they wont accept it
Being canon shippers sometimes feel like you're in a warzone with the haters. I just keep in mind that no matter how much they hate or debate, no matter what other theories they post.... my ship has sailed

Quote:
Yeah exactly...sadly for me it's really probable that we will find out that they are in a relationship when they will are already together right now...sadly because i would like to see their first kiss but i see that the writers are taking the off scenes route with those two..but in the end it's the same for me..i mean i would prefer to see when they will actual seal the deal, but i so want them together that i think that i will survive even if that doesn't happen..
I feel that when its revealed that Tiva is in a relationship, it will be revealed because it affects the entire team, or that the relationship is a threat as a whole.

They still have that angle of Ziva's father not liking Tony, or if we take the fact that sometimes Eli David uses her daughter as a pawn in a chess game, he might use Tony to get Ziva to do something against her will; these, among other possibilities of course.
"They say nothing lasts forever; will you be my 'nothing'?"
Old 01-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Addicted Fan

I just wanted to say that not all antis fit the stereotype just as a lot of TIVA fans do not act like crazy 13 year olds with raging hormones.

I'm a TIVA shipper, no doubt but I see where some folks who could care less and are "anti" Tiva come from in certain aspects. Mostly with show writing rather than actual character issues--in that I disagree with a large portion of shippers that certain things should be shown. I'd love to have an hour dedicated to them smoochin and what not but I also thoroughly enjoy that they allude to stuff because it leaves much more room than actual cannon does.

And they can't screw with fannon that way. I would be even more devastated if we were given a full-fledged TIVA, fully developed and on the way to "Happily Ever After" and then get Gilmored, Who's The Bossed and every other show that dealt with long-term UST finally bbeing fulfilled...then unfulfilled. Does that make sense? Jetlag was perfect in terms of TIVA, though I have some serious issues with the fact that they left Little Ms. Sunshine alone, knowing she was in danger, that the writers left that intentional gap of a deadly allergy (hello plothole) and that Tony had no idea how to use an Epipen...but the perfection to me was that it really leaves you wanting more and interpreting, yanno?
We are going to be rocking through the night here Smokey!"
So join us at the NCIS board!
Old 01-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I feel that when its revealed that Tiva is in a relationship, it will be revealed because it affects the entire team, or that the relationship is a threat as a whole.
It'd be interesting to see it happen We could get a lot of hints here and there, then when something happens to Ziva or Tony the truth about their relationship comes out.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

^ I agree there were some flaws in the episode, like leaving the witness alone half the time!, the fact if she was highly allergic to peanuts she would have had an epipen on her, and also the fact that Tony used the epipen backwards!

But despite the flaws, I still loved the episode. I'll ignore all the flaws just cus of all that tiva goodness lol

Apparently Aussilo thinks they did it. I also think its probable that they could reveal they are having a relationship behind the scenes.

If thats the case, I wont be that disappointed as long as they reveal their relationship maybe in a twist or in a serious situation. As long as they show us that they are together and get at least a kiss!

I definitely can't wait to see what happens next, AND I hope that we get some juicy stuff in the finale!

"Have you ever lied to someone you loved...yes...Did they ever forgive you?...They never found out..."- Tiva
Old 01-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Ausiello doesn't even watch the show. Also, Ausiello is the TV guide equivalent of Perez. :S
Old 01-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Ausiello doesn't even watch the show
Exactly...so i don't even take him into consideration when he talks about something related to NCIS without quoting what Brennan actually says...it's not a valuable source

Quote:
And they can't screw with fannon that way. I would be even more devastated if we were given a full-fledged TIVA, fully developed and on the way to "Happily Ever After" and then get Gilmored, Who's The Bossed and every other show that dealt with long-term UST finally bbeing fulfilled...then unfulfilled.

Uh i totally understand that and i'm totally with you. I mean i prefer an off screen relationship but that end well and not an on screen relationship and then they break up. After all NCIS is a crime show and even if it based more on characters and the relationships between the team than other crime shows, it's not a romance show even...it's in the middle so you have people that they care about the relationships and people that want a good case and nothing more...so Brennan must accomplished both sides and in Jetlag for me they found the good formula sort of...so i really think that a romance between the two off screen is really plausible if not right now, in the future...
Old 01-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Maybe we will get a resolution on that part, if not a confrontation with Tony and Ziva. If not, we have to accept that these two already had their 'talk' and have moved on. Gathering from this episode, it definitely looks like they have found peace with one another.
i suppose you are right, very well said. it's just frustrating i guess cause i want more. but i have to realize we don't always get what we want hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~lipstick (View Post)
It definitely is something Tony would say

They definitely had a very long very deep and very serious talk in Paris. I'm hoping that if they didn't sleep together (I'll never give up this idea until is pretty much confirmed they didnt!!) they decided that they should give them a try.
i agree! i don't want to think they slept together until it's confirmed they have/haven't. but i'm hoping DID NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooRadley (View Post)
I think they did sleep together. Literally. They slept in the same bed, together. But I don't think they had sex. But that's OK. I'm confident that something important did happen to move their relationship forward. Honestly, I don't see how any non-Tiva fans can deny that these two are meant for each other. I mean, all the looks, comments, and unnecessary touching that we got. Would regular coworkers or even friends act like that? No, only two people who are attracted to and care for each other would act the way these two acted.
agree on ALL COUNTS! something DID happen but i don't think they slept together. well, they DID sleep together, same bed haha, but you getw hat i mean.

as for the anti-fans, i just don't get how they can so blindly ignore what they see. but, you know what, that's okay. i love tony/ziva and obviously the show has plans for them so i'll stay over at this forum where everyone's nice

and, i do agree, razzlephrat, there were definitely some major flaws in the episode. when they'd both get up to talk to someone, even i would be like, " what are you doing, you're supposed to be WATCHING THE WITNESS, you can't just leave her!!!!!" hahaha. some bad writing, yes, also why i was disappointed with the episode. tbh, i much rather prefer the team episodes where there's just a tony/ziva scene snuck in, those to me are more powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzlephrat (View Post)
Ausiello doesn't even watch the show. Also, Ausiello is the TV guide equivalent of Perez. :S
really?!?! i did NOT know that, okay, good. so now i can learn NOT to listen to his spoilery stuff haha.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Addicted Fan

There's a reason people call him ass jello :pp
Old 01-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzlephrat (View Post)
There's a reason people call him ass jello :pp
i did not know that haha.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah i've noticed..but really for me she doesn't have to worry about that..he never talked so easily about her and in a humor sentence so for me that was a proof that he really is over her..he's moving on finally and he really appreciate what is in front of him (Ziva obviously )
That's exactly what I took from it as well -- though it did sting hearing him mention her right after he was going on about how comfortable Ziva looked sleeping the night before. But...that's life indeed.

Someone pointed out on another board that if they had slept together, Ziva wouldn't have asked him why he lied to McGee about taking the couch. Which I think is an excellent point. I still don't see how people can say that they did - them sleeping together is such a big deal considering everything else that has happened between them, regardless of the way they do feel about one another, their sexual tension etc. We saw no lead up, nothing - they did something, they were able to be close to one another but having sex? No.

On a different note, I noticed as I was watching the episode again that when Nora says, "You guys say you don't get along but you make a great team." Tony doesn't say a thing, doesn't immediately dismiss it while Ziva in a way does. I thought that was interesting considering he did interject all the other times when Nora was making suggestive remarks/comments but not then because he really does appreciate her being there and being his partner. And then of course his line, "I think Paris changed her." follows.

Last edited by Coopah; 01-29-2010 at 10:44 PM
Old 01-30-2010, 02:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooRadley (View Post)
Honestly, I don't see how any non-Tiva fans can deny that these two are meant for each other.
The anti's "online" are mostly Gibbs/Tony slash fans, in my opinion. The other anti's are Ziva haters for whatever reason. Whether, she's an assassin or something to that effect. Or maybe they miss Kate.

I also want to stress that the internet forums/chats/sites only represent about 1% of what the total viewers want.

NCIS now gets 20 million viewers. So if you think about it, the online stuff is not even a good representation.

And even if you go by online, you see thousands and thousands of youtube music videos for Tiva. Lots of icons/livejournals/sites. And the list goes on.

Tony and Ziva have a huge fanbase, in my opinion. That's why I think they are getting attention. Otherwise, why does NCIS spend money on promoting Tiva? And giving Michael/Cote photoshoots and promotional interviews together to promote Tiva? You also have to factor that most viewers probably don't even watch for pairings or anything. And are casual viewers who like the show because of the cases. Or the mysteries. Plus, lots of older fans watch the show. So I doubt most of them have time to make music videos or chat online or whichever. I honestly think the number of pure bashers is small.

And another thing, I think SB likes the attention that Tiva is getting. Buzz is buzz. If a topic is thoroughly discussed all the time online, then it brings attention and buzz.

I think what writers do not like the most is when you don't get any sort of a response. Love or hate. At least when you feel either of those feelings, you give a response.

I watch soaps sometimes, and there are certain characters who get no buzz. No talk about them. No attention. And that's even worse. Writers want a response. Whether good or bad. They want for the fans to feel passionate in whatever direction. That means, they are watching the show.

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G

Last edited by jules166; 01-30-2010 at 02:46 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread