Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Master Fan

I really liked this episode, I always felt cult followers were creepy as hell, the way they are just in unison entering the store like zombies but someone left a note for help, obviously this wacko’s are not all they seem. When Echo arrives as Esther on the compound, she had me convinced as blind and so were the believers all dressed like they are on a plantation. Eliza really did a brilliant job, this epi was so Waco Texas with David Koresh and the whole ordeal of the compound in Waco Texas burning.

Wow there is no limits of what they can program her to do, this one held my interest more then any of the previous episodes, but it kinda bothers me that the handlers or whateva, have no problem whatsoever treating the dolls as objects and not people. The surgery making Echo blind and her as cameras was a risk of permanent blindness but they don’t give a sh.... and the co-ed showering um,….dude got a boner, that was a trip and they noticed him having a manlike reaction to Sierra guess that’s not suppose to happen, but hey he is a man, sex is a powerful tool and can override any programming kinda freaky how they watch them like that.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkative One (View Post)
I also agree about how it seems that the relationships are laid out already
I agree too, I cant wait to see how they all play out.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm surprised that someone besides me knows who Brian Bloom is. The man has aged well with time.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Loyal Fan

I really liked this episode. It seemed well balanced between the various parts. I don't like how cults are usually portrayed as totally evil in TV shows so didn't think I would like this episode. This was less predictable so made for a more interesting story.

The Topher/Claire Victor/Sierra sequence was funny while adding to the idea that the dolls don't always conform to their "programming".

The interaction between Paul and the black agent was fun. Liked how he was so interested in the description of the person who dropped off the envelope, only to find out that he was their mail delivery guy. I was really interested thinking we were getting a description of Alpha, only to be faked out. The real fake out would be if that really is an accurate description of Alpha, too.

Part of Dominic's dislike of Echo is based on his perception of her as Dewitt's favorite.

Eliza really portrayed a blind person very believably. I always liked her as Faith in BtVS and Ats but didn't see much range in her acting. I think she is really showing that ability in this series. I'm looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by =-Kathy-> (View Post)
Part of Dominic's dislike of Echo is based on his perception of her as Dewitt's favorite.

Eliza really portrayed a blind person very believably. I always liked her as Faith in BtVS and Ats but didn't see much range in her acting. I think she is really showing that ability in this series. I'm looking forward to the rest of the episodes.
I can see that as well Didn't think about it, but you are right

That got me as well Eliza out did herself with that and it was awesome
Old 03-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Passionate Fan

I love this show. I met Joss and Eliza at the Dollhouse panel at Comic Con 08 in San Diego. They were really cool.

I laughed so hard that Victor had a "man" reaction to Sierra. LOL

Echo was so awesome. Although I wanted to kick Dominic's ass for leaving Echo to die in the fire. I can't wait for next week.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona Jo (View Post)
I love this show. I met Joss and Eliza at the Dollhouse panel at Comic Con 08 in San Diego. They were really cool.
OK, now we wanna see pictures......
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the last episode. It seems to be growing more and more.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just finished watching the episode.

Man-reaction.

I think Eliza Dushku has really proven herself with this episode. I hope the comments about her only being able to play 'Faith' will stop now.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona Jo (View Post)
So Jealous You are very lucky to have met them
Old 03-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I'm jealous too! I'd love to meet the two of them.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Eliza is a good actress. Loved her as Faith but understood her wanting to do something else.

Loved True Calling and am into Doll House.

Glad that not everyone at the Doll House is without empathy. Boyd is great not sure about Dewitt and of course you always need a jerk like Dominic.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by only dreaming (View Post)
Oh I'm jealous too! I'd love to meet the two of them.
Both of them plus Tahmoh God that must have been amazing