Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

"True Believer" Episode Discussion - 03/13/09

ECHO INFILTRATES A CULT TO RESCUE A WOMAN HELD CAPTIVE ON “DOLLHOUSE” FRIDAY, MARCH 13, ON FOX

Quote:
Imprinted as a visually impaired woman, Echo must infiltrate a heavily guarded cult in order to rescue a woman held against her will in the “True Believer” episode of DOLLHOUSE airing Friday, March 13 (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (DOL-107) (TV-14)

Join the John Mayer campaign!

Last edited by **SuperGirl**; 03-12-2009 at 11:50 PM
Old 03-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

So excited for the new ep.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Master Fan

I thought I had posted this before:

X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Judging from the preview, tonight`s episode looks very intriguing, especially with Echo being blinded.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still not watching the previews so this should all be a surprise for me.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tonight`s episode was pretty good. I personally thought it was a slight upgrade over the previous episode with all the tension filled scenes and action in it.

I enjoyed seeing Echo as Esther. It was a nice multilayered assignment for her where she was helpless at first, but later took charge toward the end and helped complete the mission with any kind of Waco-like casualities. Eliza delivered an excellent performance in that role.

I also enjoyed Boyd in the episode. This man continues to amaze me with how far he`ll go to look out for Echo. That last scene with him carrying Echo out of the building is one of the best ones on the show to date. The only negative is that i wished that he would`ve at least beaten that head ATF a-hole to a bloody pulp. No one does that to Echo and gets away with it.

I`m glad that we got to see a little more of Paul in tonight`s episode. He`s slowly getting closer to Echo.

Tonight`s episode presented a couple of very intriguing questions for us.

First of all, Victor`s "special feeling" around Sierra in the shower is an obvious sign that he`s very similar to Echo, except i personally think that he`s on a deep undercover assignment for some underworld types that he was working for earlier this season.

Secondly, Echo staring at the head security guy, who`s name i forget, is an obviously foreshadowing on a possible clash between them. I personally think that the guy will do something that will set Echo off in some rampage.

Anyway i really enjoyed tonight`s episode. Next week`s episode looks like one of those unbelievably great episode that will change things on the show.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't really looking foward to this episode b/c I feel cults are overdone on television.

Eliza was good in this episode.I thought she did "blind" really well. Sometimes I think she's in a little over her head as an actress. But she's slowly but surely settling into this role and the various personalities.

It was nice to see some of Boyd's warmth and humour, like his first and final scenes with Echo.

Topher and Claire are a great comedic team.

I like the idea of Victor and Sierra. I thought their scene together was really cute.

I'm intrigued by Dominic, Adele, and the whole mythology. I'm enjoying seeing it unfold.

I was pretty indifferent towards Paul, but I enjoyed him in this ep. I really hope they reveal his motivation for trying to find Caroline/Echo b/c right now it's just huh?

Overall, I think this show is getting better and better and has a lot of potential.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Really great episode! Eliza was amazing!

and ooh!! BRIAN BLOOM!
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really really loved this episode!

And I loved that we saw a bit more of Dr. Claire. Always great to have Amy Acker on for more than 3 seconds.

I thought Eliza did a really great job in this episode.

My favorite line?

"God has a message....and it's MOVE YOUR ASS!"

Old 03-14-2009, 03:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
The only negative is that i wished that he would`ve at least beaten that head ATF a-hole to a bloody pulp. No one does that to Echo and gets away with it.
Wait, wasn't it Dominic who went in and knocked her out, not the ATF guy? I thought that was why Echo gave him a kind of glaring look at the end of the episode.

Quote:
I was pretty indifferent towards Paul, but I enjoyed him in this ep. I really hope they reveal his motivation for trying to find Caroline/Echo b/c right now it's just huh?
He's looking for the Dollhouse and Caroline/Echo is his only lead so far (presumably because of Alpha), right? :o
Old 03-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmn24601 (View Post)
Wait, wasn't it Dominic who went in and knocked her out, not the ATF guy? I thought that was why Echo gave him a kind of glaring look at the end of the episode.
Yes that was Dominic, who went in the burning building and knocked Echo out. Judging from that last scene, Echo hasn`t forgotten about that. Hopefully she`ll get some payback on him, which i would love to see. As for the ATF, his crime is that he got in Boyd`s way and endangered Echo.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:46 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Damn I missed this epsiode. Need to start getting home earlier on Fridays. Seems like it was pretty good. Everyone survive in it? Who is Brian Bloom?
Old 03-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Brian Bloom was Jonas Sparrow, the leader of the aforementioned cult in the episode summary
Old 03-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Website Manager

Just finished watching this episode. Overall very well done.

Dominic , I believe was mentioned in this episode as being a Senator. I guess his influence would help keep their operations on the down-low. Though it appears his intention was to let Echo burn in the fire.

It was great that the video was sent to Paul, further evidence to motivate her to look for her. I'm not sure why exactly he's so motivated to find her, though part of it could be that he might believe she is a connection to the Dollhouse.

Yeah, the ATF did get in Boyd's way, also apparently planted the evidence they used to get a warrant to sent Echo into the facility in the first place.

Topher having issues telling the Doctor what he seen in the video... That was great. I feel Claire genuinely cares about the health and well-being of the actives, Topher said himself that nobody reads the files she does up. It was nice that she asked Echo about her vision.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just finished the epise, once again an enjoyable episode.

I think Dominic is going to continue to be a problem for Echo, I mean we've seen in this last episode that he will not hesitate to go against what Adelle thinks and orders just to get rid of what he considers a threat, if he is willing to knock her out and leave her to burn then theres no telling of what future measures he will take to make sure she doesn't turn into another Alpha.

I really loved Topher/Claire this episode, him trying to tell her about Victor was quite possibly the funniest moment on the show to date LOL. I literally laughed out loud. And when they were going through the video tapes and his "It aint oak" comment

I really was shocked that that ATF guy planted the evidence but I guess thinking back on it its not too surpising since you can see right from the start when Boyd is talking to him that he has a vendetta against Jonas and was willing to do anything and risk anyone to get what he wanted.

I really enjoyed Boyd this episode too, I thought he was absolutely brilliant especially when he went to talk to that shop owner and came back and shoved the ATF guy, fantastic job.

The Boyd/Echo scene when he carries her out was my favourite