Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
The Boyd/Echo scene when he carries her out was my favourite
Yes. I've had a soft-spot for Boyd/Echo scenes since The Target. He's so sweet with her!

I think, when Echo does remember stuff completely, she's going to be different from Alpha because Boyd is so protective of her and genuinely cares about her. I have a theory that Alpha might not have been treated in the same aspect by his Handler that Echo is treated by Boyd and that's why he freaked and killed everyone.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

She will be different from Alpha, I agree but I dont think Dominic will see it that way. He's ruthless. But I agree that the way Boyd treats Echo and how much he cares for her will help he rnot to go on a killing rampage.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

Dominic is an ass but I like the development. I had weird feelings about him and they kept growing and growing with each episode and his actions in this one seemed like the perfect build up for whatever is to come next for his character. I'm intrigued.

I was actually pretty impressed with Eliza's acting a blind woman, and of course loved the Echo/Boyd scenes. Especially the humor. The episode itself was a little underwhelming, I guess I had high expectations and the cult leader's actions weren't particularly shocking or exciting. I think it was more the little things like the Viktor/Sierra moment and Topher and Claire's conversation about man-reactions that made this episode.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey sorry ment to stop by a few shows ago. (busy on 24 board) I am really liking the story it is fluent.

Unlike last week Echo is all alone. I wasn't to keen on this episode, I did get a laugh about the Male Doll Victor" who is given this Id for like month or more. might be like echo remembering things after being wiped. So it seems as the week goes by we find more and more of the "dolls" are still retaining memory.

Still had a few moments !

I hope ratings go up and don't lose the show . Just needs a better slot.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

another good one! i'm still having the same problems as i did since the pilot though... mainly boyd saving echo every.single.time... although, i didn't mind that much this time around... also topher and echo having the same dialogue when she's wiped... i guess the repetition will continue to prove she's clean, sigh

i'm really hoping claire and echo develop more of a relationship... obviously claire cares about her and it would be interesting to see if they have more of a back story... maybe one ep they'll talk about what happened to her face... any sort of emotion between them would rock

for some reason i find mellie disturbing, but sweet... i hope she turns out to be more than a lovesick neighbor cause honestly, i can't see her being involved this far for nada!

and i like that paul is making more progress with finding the dollhouse... him trying to flirt with the other agent was hilar... he seems so invested in finding caroline and when he does, i hope it doesn't blow up in echo's face

anyway, for the lunacy of the sl, i liked it more than i thought i would... and it was nice seeing rebecca from october road too!
Old 03-15-2009, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Damn I missed this epsiode. Need to start getting home earlier on Fridays. Seems like it was pretty good. Everyone survive in it? Who is Brian Bloom?
What cmn24601 said, and he was a big teen star in the 80's. Not like Johnny Depp, Kirk Camron huge, but still had a decent sized fanbase.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-15-2009, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by only dreaming (View Post)
She will be different from Alpha, I agree but I dont think Dominic will see it that way. He's ruthless. But I agree that the way Boyd treats Echo and how much he cares for her will help he rnot to go on a killing rampage.
That's probably one of the things Alpha didn't have - it seems like Boyd is on his own when it comes to his dedication to Echo, so hopefully that'll be one of the things (as well as Caroline's sense of self) that'll stop her turning into Rambo and taking out the Dollhouse.

Quote:
Yes. I've had a soft-spot for Boyd/Echo scenes since The Target
Definitely! I loved that. It's the shows father/daughter relationship

Quote:
for some reason i find mellie disturbing, but sweet... i hope she turns out to be more than a lovesick neighbor cause honestly, i can't see her being involved this far for nada!
I actually like the lovesick neighbour routine, I hope it doesn't turn out like 'hah! fooled you, really I'm this kick ass dollhouse agent who has been sent to spy on you, ala Victor' I want to see more Paul/Mellie - maybe without the cooked goods

It was a good episode, all in all - the show is definitely getting better - I think Joss always hits his stride when he's establised the friendships/relationships and what they're about, etc.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie (View Post)
It was great that the video was sent to Paul, further evidence to motivate her to look for her. I'm not sure why exactly he's so motivated to find her, though part of it could be that he might believe she is a connection to the Dollhouse.
Yeah, well I think he's more motivated now that he's been getting those mysterious envelopes with a picture, and now a video of Caroline. Motivation always helps when he's given a hard time and is pretty much working the case by himself. Poor guy.

The shower scene with Victor/Sierra was definitely a stand out. I had no idea that they would go there. And Topher's reaction to it was just plain hilarious. I can't wait to see what this means for Victor, does this mean he's just like Echo? The three of them seem to be connected more than the other dolls, so I can't wait to see where they take this.

I found Echo's "mission" a bit boring, and was more intersted in seeing what was going on with the dolls, and Paul's progress on tracking down Echo. And him seeing the video of Caroline and finding her on TV...well, that just means he's pretty damn close to finding her, he's just always one step behind.

Oh, and Dominic is pretty much on my ***** list right now. I hope Echo kicks his ass.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Website Manager

Topher's reaction was great. He so didn't want to watch months of footage looking for signs of that in the past... Telling Claire that copies of the discs could be made for she could watch them at home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by only dreaming (View Post)
I really enjoyed Boyd this episode too, I thought he was absolutely brilliant especially when he went to talk to that shop owner and came back and shoved the ATF guy, fantastic job.
The ATF guy was pretty dirty in this episode. First he plants the evidence to get the limited warrant in the first place and then If I remember correctly tells the other ATF guys that Boyd is working with the cult, probably to protect his secret of planting evidence.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If I remember correctly tells the other ATF guys that Boyd is working with the cult, probably to protect his secret of planting evidence.
He knew Boyd would be in there looking for Echo so telling them to take him down was his best plan for hiding his law breaking - but then I was pretty split on that, his faking the evidence, after he told Boyd just why he wanted to take out the main cult man.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBumpkin~ (View Post)
What cmn24601 said, and he was a big teen star in the 80's. Not like Johnny Depp, Kirk Camron huge, but still had a decent sized fanbase.
It makes me feel old that I remember Brian Bloom back when he was on "Who's the Boss" and "Dance 'til Dawn."

I thought this was the best ep so far. It had lots of interesting twists & turns (Echo regaining her sight, the ATF guy planting the note, Dominic showing up and leaving Echo to die) as well as some humor.

Ballard's neighbor annoys me, for some reason. I hope she turns out to be a bad guy.

I find it strange that Dominic dislikes Echo so much. Maybe he's in cahoots with Alpha?
Old 03-16-2009, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by awakeningjenny (View Post)
He knew Boyd would be in there looking for Echo so telling them to take him down was his best plan for hiding his law breaking - but then I was pretty split on that, his faking the evidence, after he told Boyd just why he wanted to take out the main cult man.
I thought he took it too far when he suggested that they shoot Boyd if they see him when they go in and when he was talking the the media, like he wanted Boyd and Echo not to be found, it was a little sick especially from a guy who is suppose to protect "innocent" people.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I personally found "the mission" boring but felt that Eliza did an awesome job with the playing somebody being blind. She really did shine in that scene. I also felt that the main guy took it too far when he said to shot Boyd

"Man Reaction" That whole storyline was hilarious and was just pure awesome

Tahmoh (Paul)
Old 03-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

It was a good epi, IMO. Not the best so far, but quite good. It could've been a little more suspenseful, maybe......especially when the camp was set on fire. But overall great plot (yes, cults are over-used in TV in my opinion as well), great acting and very nice comic relief by Topher and Claire.

I feel like all the relationships in the show are very laid out now. It's time to move to take the story to the next level.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I also agree about how it seems that the relationships are laid out already