Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2011, 06:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Exactly! It was Sheldon who faced a shambles of emotions and finally went to the cinema to interrupt the date between Stuart & Amy (he could have let them continue, if he wasn't bothered at all. Like coupling Amy with Zack in 4x10 - although even there he struggled with his "kolinahr" ) just to offer her an alteration of the relationship paradigm, to say he took their relationship to the next level and since it costs him quite an effort to go there I highly doubt that he'll boggle backwards.
Not to forget the fear to "lose" Amy, clearly shows that it is anything but a one-sided affection and I'm pretty sure that Sheldon will realize soon enough that he has to be amicable as well concerning their agreement, if he wants to keep her - and I'm more than convinced he will.

Edit: I pretty much repeated everything that has been said...
Old 11-21-2011, 06:15 AM
Addicted Fan

I agree, this episode was very significant in focusing the emotional aspect on Sheldon instead of Amy. Much as he keeps denying it to himself, he is clearly hurt and disturbed, enough to make him take a major step outside his comfort zone. Which, for Sheldon, indicates a far deeper emotional upheaval than it would for most 'normal' people.

Just read your fan-fic, Nicole.. hats off. You do such a wonderful job of constructing Sheldon's side of the story here, and speaking in his voice. What you wrote was exactly how I imagined his inner journey to be, reading from his actions and the subtle hints in his expressions so well-portrayed by Jim.

By the way, I found this episode review sweet:

Autostraddle — Love Abounds in Big Bang Theory, Community, and Parks and Recreation

Especially her calling the theatre scene ' like watching a baby giraffe learn to walk', and saying that she wants to read that agreement more than a new Harry Potter book.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonHummingbird (View Post)
Exactly! It was Sheldon who faced a shambles of emotions and finally went to the cinema to interrupt the date between Stuart & Amy (he could have let them continue, if he wasn't bothered at all. Like coupling Amy with Zack in 4x10 - although even there he struggled with his "kolinahr" ) just to offer her an alteration of the relationship paradigm, to say he took their relationship to the next level and since it costs him quite an effort to go there I highly doubt that he'll boggle backwards.
Not to forget the fear to "lose" Amy, clearly shows that it is anything but a one-sided affection and I'm pretty sure that Sheldon will realize soon enough that he has to be amicable as well concerning their agreement, if he wants to keep her - and I'm more than convinced he will.

Edit: I pretty much repeated everything that has been said...
No, you added some good points! I too think he's worried enough about losing Amy that he'll make some allotments for her.

Also-Priya basically tore his roommate agreement to bits with her lawyering skills, now, maybe Amy couldn't find someone licensed to practice law in three countries and your face, but the fact that Sheldon flat out told Amy that she can get a lawyer shows that he's going to be more lenient with her than with Leonard.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Absolute Fan

I think that what's differnt in this case, is that Amy has a lot more negotiation skills available to use with Sheldon.. we know how she can use logic to convince him of things, and since he does see himself as an equal to Amy, she has a lot more possibilities on getting motions passed for modifications on the Relationship Agreement than Leonard with the Roomate Agreement.

And yes, like you guys said, I have seen arguments saying that this is a one sided relationship only on Amy's side forgetting the fact that it was Sheldon who asked her to be his girlfriend and not the other way around, and it was Sheldon who spent first, Isolation Permutation worried and conforting Amy and then last episode totally jealous and stepping out of his confort zone out of jealousy... and nobody feels jealous that way if there are no feelings involved...
Old 11-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, Isolation and Flaming Spittoon make it very obvious that Sheldon has feelings for her. It's definitely a mutual thing-Amy because despite Sheldon's faults and her ability to get other men she chose him, and Sheldon because of everything we've said.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Supreme Fan

Amy is gonna smack that boy around if he gets too selfish and takes advantage of her. How many want to see that happen?

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If you mean literally smack him around, absolutely not. If you mean stand up for herself, I hope to Cow yes.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
If you mean literally smack him around, absolutely not. If you mean stand up for herself, I hope to Cow yes.
I don't mean literally. But I want him to realize he will not always get his way.

☆Krys ☆
Old 11-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We've already seen evidence of that, so I'm sure she won't let him push her around.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Absolute Fan

Amy already had him a little whiped while she was only his girl who is a friend, so now that she is his girlfriend I can't wait to see "the nagging he can expect form her" now that she is his official girlfriend.

You go Amy!!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love how he said that "now that you're my girlfriend." Like he's proud of that. Like the lyric in "Happy" by Never Shout Never, "I'm happy knowing that you are mine."

Old 11-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Absolute Fan

True! not only he was the one who asked her to be his girlfriend, but he was also the first one to acknowledge it afterwards He was the first one to say "You are my girlfriend", not to mention his "wrap things up out there" and his "get the hint Stuart, the lady said goodnight" it really was Sheldon making use of his official title as Amy's boyfriend.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I got warm fuzzies knowing that he went straight from the theatre to Amy's home.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Aww, me too!

You know, what I was asking myself? When did he draw up the Relationship Agreement?
To my mind it's impossible, even for Sheldon, to excogitate such a well structured and detailed piece of paper in just a few minutes (or even hours). Therefore it's presumably that he created the accord beforehand, which again means that he already knew how Amy would respond on his proposal!

And that gives me so many warm fuzzies too...
Old 11-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, that's SO TRUE! Or at least drafted it. So he was preparing for her to accept-gah, how awful he'd have felt if she'd rejected hm.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread