Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2014, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

This thread hasn't seen much action!
Now we're 10 episodes in, what does everyone think of this season? Seems like most people's thoughts in the episode threads are mainly positive, but I'm curious to know how people are feeling about the season in general.

I'm definitely loving it (as a Shamy, no surprise there!) As I've said before, I don't think the season started as strongly as Season 7 did, but I don't think there have been any weak episodes and I do feel this season has got stronger as we've got into it. But then, maybe I've got my Shamy blinders on from Ep8 onwards. Overall, I think it's been very funny and still had good character development.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:26 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm really loving this season so far. It did have a slightly bumpy start, but around episode 5 or so it seemed to hit its stride, and there have been some truly laugh-out-loud-hysterically moments. Plus, I really love the character growth side of things, that we get to see a lot more of now that we're 8 seasons in. It adds so much more depth.

Of course, I'd probably say this season is great for The Prom Equivalency alone, but I really do like the season as a whole.
Anglophile79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
This thread hasn't seen much action!
Now we're 10 episodes in, what does everyone think of this season? Seems like most people's thoughts in the episode threads are mainly positive, but I'm curious to know how people are feeling about the season in general.

I'm definitely loving it (as a Shamy, no surprise there!) As I've said before, I don't think the season started as strongly as Season 7 did, but I don't think there have been any weak episodes and I do feel this season has got stronger as we've got into it. But then, maybe I've got my Shamy blinders on from Ep8 onwards. Overall, I think it's been very funny and still had good character development.
I've enjoyed it - it's not having me sobbing every Wednesday WHY ONE MORE DAY UNTIL THE EPISODE but that may well be due to the fact that the show's been on a while and we know it'll go on a while yet.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bring back Kaley's hair! JK

I hate trying to rate any show by the season, it always has ups and downs. I have liked the shift for Kaley and they dropped (last season) the doubts she had with Leonard, almost a week went by where it was debatable if they would break up.

Shamy is moving a long nicely with Sheldon open to more and Amy eagerly waiting for him. They others seem to be treading water, haven't seen much from Raj's love life and Howard and Brenie I'm just waiting for baby news.

I do like when they have an ep centered around the guys being geeky or working, and the girls working.

Overall it's been good so far, can't wait for more.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Loyal Fan

So, I think we can officially call season 8 the Season of Framed Pictures, yes?
Anglophile79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglophile79 (View Post)
I was thinking the same thing last night.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

Do we have a new episode next week or are we already on Holdiday Hiatus?

~Susanne ~

Last edited by smoguntia; 12-13-2014 at 04:05 PM
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
Do we have a new episode next week or are we already in Holdiday Hiatus?
Hiatus, as far as I know.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Ha, I didn't think of that, but it's true!
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly overall I'm pretty 'meh' about the season so far. Of course Shamy has been wonderful, and the Prom ep is one of my favorites of the whole series, and I like the guys getting some geeky storylines, but I'm not as excited about new episodes as I used to be, not even close, not overall.

Quote:
I like it.

Old 12-14-2014, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Honestly overall I'm pretty 'meh' about the season so far. Of course Shamy has been wonderful, and the Prom ep is one of my favorites of the whole series, and I like the guys getting some geeky storylines, but I'm not as excited about new episodes as I used to be, not even close, not overall.
Well, Leonard/Penny have really been a bit status quo this season. It's nice to watch them, because they are kind of established in their relationship and everything is good, and that's really sweet. But they haven't had the big moments like they did the past 2-3 seasons.

Plus, you may be a bit pre-occupied with other things.

Being the huge Shamy shipper that I am, I've been loving this season - although it did start out kind of meh for me, as well. But it's almost to the point now that I'm concerned that things may be going a bit too fast for Shamy. I really want to see them get to some established, status-quo sort of interactions - where it's just normal for them to hug, or to kiss (even in public) - rather than having everything be a momentous moment.

I'd also like to get back to Raj's life a bit. They've introduced some interesting things for him - Emily and his parents' divorce. But it's like they drop those things in and don't follow up.

I'd also like to get back to some Howard/Bernie/Stuart stuff - but I do realize that's going to be very difficult at this point.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Well, Leonard/Penny have really been a bit status quo this season. It's nice to watch them, because they are kind of established in their relationship and everything is good, and that's really sweet. But they haven't had the big moments like they did the past 2-3 seasons.

Plus, you may be a bit pre-occupied with other things.

Being the huge Shamy shipper that I am, I've been loving this season - although it did start out kind of meh for me, as well. But it's almost to the point now that I'm concerned that things may be going a bit too fast for Shamy. I really want to see them get to some established, status-quo sort of interactions - where it's just normal for them to hug, or to kiss (even in public) - rather than having everything be a momentous moment.

I'd also like to get back to Raj's life a bit. They've introduced some interesting things for him - Emily and his parents' divorce. But it's like they drop those things in and don't follow up.

I'd also like to get back to some Howard/Bernie/Stuart stuff - but I do realize that's going to be very difficult at this point.
I feel it's more preoccupation than frustration over Leonard and Penny. I'm wholly satisfied with them this season, and I actually really, really enjoy them being in the background. I know a lot of people are incredibly frustrated that they've been background this year, but I'm not one of them.

I actually think Raj's love life is part of what makes me so meh about it. I just can't find a way to like Emily, and it seems like she may be here to stay.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:24 AM
Supreme Fan

I don't think they have been in the background this season, but I feel like everything evolves around Sheldon lately, which is not the reason I started to watch the show. I wish they would give every one of their characters the same screen time (or the screen time they deserve).

Also, the lack of continuity annoys me. When they introduced the idea of living together and wedding planning in the season 7 finale, it sounded like a big deal. But they dropped it and never mentioned it again. Everything stays the same, and that's the reason why season 8 is kinda boring for me. My fear is, that they'll wait too long, so whenever they'll bring it up in the future, it will be rushed down in one single episode and I don't like that.

In addition I feel like they're changing Sheldon too fast right now. I'm not against the fact that they're changing him in general, but it's simply too much lately and hard for me to believe.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

I'm actually finding I'm enjoying the season more with each episode. I really like the cuteness of having Leonard and Penny engaged in the background. I also think it makes sense that Sheldon has been a big focus this season given his train journey; we're getting insight into the many ways it changed him, which I think is important.

I think there's less anticipation on my part since we don't have a sense of what's coming next like we have for the past few seasons - which I really like because it means that the things that do come up are a big surprise - just the waiting in between is filled with less anxiousness to see it since we don't know what it is yet.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)

I'm a bit worried about that new tempo of progress too what happend with that snail I mean I love it that they are making progress but if they are continuing in that pace they will be married by the end of the season
However, it's great that we are getting so many sweet moments and that Amy is finally getting the attention from Sheldon she deserves
It seems Sheldons big escape during the summer helped him a lot to grow.

Another interesting thing I recognized we are getting a lot of Raj/Howard/Leonard storylines this season. Thats an interesting and new dynamic

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread