Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Consider the ordeal I have to give the writers an A for the effort and success. IMO.
That's how I feel, too. I love Kaley a lot, but the writers have managed to write two really great episodes without Penny and in a way that it doesn't seem like there's a gaping hole. We know she doesn't hang out with the guys 24/7, anyway, especially since LP broke up. There was only one scene last night where I actually thought of a way they could have effectively used Penny. It's only 2 episodes. She's still in over 90% of the episodes this season.

Follow my blog at wordpress!

Icon by omgsuzanne
Old 10-29-2010, 09:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Just for the record I miss my eye candy Penny.

I hope all you gals don't ever have to suffer from Leonard or Sheldon not being in an episode or 2 like myself with Penny.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:37 AM
Loyal Fan

It just dawned on me that Penny and I would be mortal enemies this weekend. Nebraska is playing Mizzou. The Huskers could upset our perfect record. It makes me sad Penny would be rooting against my school.

Follow my blog at wordpress!

Icon by omgsuzanne
Old 10-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherkraz78 (View Post)
Its only two episodes. Gosh people think she's disappeared off the face of the earth. She's back next week and I am sure some kind of explaination will be evident. You know these two weeks there hasn't been scenes for her name to come up anyway. Consider the ordeal I have to give the writers an A for the effort and success. IMO.
The 1st ep without her it felt odd that she wasn't brought up. But she was originally in it so I don't blame the writers for that.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

So I got the new Star magazine (UGH I know) and there is an interview with kaley in there. Just a small one.
She said Penny dresses like an Easter egg with a lot of pink but she likes darker clothes with black and gray. She says she stays in shape by spinning at least four times a week. The show being a hit has made her happy and made her life better and she's excited to see where it goes. She would rides horses if she didn't act. (Duh) and she says she doesn't know what's going to happen with Penny and Leonard.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:41 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothere689 (View Post)
So I got the new Star magazine (UGH I know) and there is an interview with kaley in there. Just a small one.
She said Penny dresses like an Easter egg with a lot of pink but she likes darker clothes with black and gray. She says she stays in shape by spinning at least four times a week. The show being a hit has made her happy and made her life better and she's excited to see where it goes. She would rides horses if she didn't act. (Duh) and she says she doesn't know what's going to happen with Penny and Leonard.
...dressed like an Easter egg?
and wait.
Did I read it was in STAR MAG?
sorry, I have to go vomit for a few minutes.

wtf is happening to her?
Old 11-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomette (View Post)
...dressed like an Easter egg?
and wait.
Did I read it was in STAR MAG?
sorry, I have to go vomit for a few minutes.

wtf is happening to her?
I actually have to agree with her on the way Penny dresses - and I don't think she meant it as a bad thing as much as saying it's just not her style. I don't think she has changed much at all personality wise in the last few years. If you watch interviews from when she was on 8 Simple Rules she really does have the same personality she did back then - she's just gotten older and probably grown into herself a little more. I will say that lately she hasn't looked as put together as she did in the past and kind of sloppy - but I would probably be that way too dealing with her injury.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emdancer (View Post)
I actually have to agree with her on the way Penny dresses - and I don't think she meant it as a bad thing as much as saying it's just not her style. I don't think she has changed much at all personality wise in the last few years. If you watch interviews from when she was on 8 Simple Rules she really does have the same personality she did back then - she's just gotten older and probably grown into herself a little more. I will say that lately she hasn't looked as put together as she did in the past and kind of sloppy - but I would probably be that way too dealing with her injury.
I have to agree with you on this.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Absolute Fan

I didn't say I don't agree with her. I, myself, dress in black pretty much all the time and wear converse and Dr Marten, my style couldn't be farther from Penny's.
But...saying that in Star Mag? Why would someone want to talk to Star Mag?

And I know girls do this. I'm guilty of doing it. We love love LOVE to trash-talk about how other girls dress. But the thing is, she is not a fan on some forum talking about someone. She is the actress playing the character. Some fans identifies with Penny and love the way she dresses and I've read a few times that fans wanted to find that sweater Penny was wearing, or that dress. Those fans could could read that and be hurt by that comment.

But that is just my opinion.
As for when I said "what is happening to her" it was more related to the comment being IN star mag. I really wish to read her interviews in TvGuide, EW...not star mag.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

She's actually been interviewed by Star before. I remember reading something a while back when she was hosting that plastics make it possible fashion show. As long as she isn't being interviewed about something trashy then I think it's fine. Sometimes press is press. I work at a professional lecture agency and one of our newest speakers is the subject of a major movie being released - the actor in the movie did an interview with Star magazine about the movie and we saved the article because he had some really good things to say. We wouldn't have saved it if it was the actor commenting on Lindsay Lohan's addiction - but since the subject was relevant and the content was good - we kept it.

And I could get where people could take her comment on Penny's clothes the wrong way. I have some stuff that I wear while I'm teaching or at the gym or doing errands that are kind of Penny-esque, but if you look at the show as a whole, can you imagine any of them admitting to liking what their character wears? I don't think in a million years we would see Johnny walking down the street dressed as Leonard.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Absolute Fan

I did saw her talking about movies she likes in Life&Style, I think it's kind of Star mag's sister mag?
It was nice. I really liked reading this. I think I even posted it back then on the forum...or another forum? Don't remember...
I just think the words "Easter egg" are a little bit strong. Saying that she is really not her style would have been enough and to the point.

But that's just me, I'm always overanalyzing words! LOL!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

I read it all the time when I wait in line, and there are always interviews ith tv and movie stars. There's one with Will Ferrell too. I think the Easter egg thing was just a joke.. She has a very dry sense of humor that doesnt make her come off well sometimes in interviews. But in videos, you can see she's just kidding about things.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Kate, you are right on this.
Some things come off better in person (or in that case: clip, video) and you can see by how the person is saying it how it is a joke or not.
I have no doubt this was probably a joke.
But it sounds weird "reading it".

...in this age of multi-media communication we’re losing a lot of our communication skills.
(geez where did I read that?)

There are some things you can write and some things you can speak, but there is a different way of doing one or the other.

(add): thinking about it. They probably interviewed her. She probably laughed. And Star being huh...Star mag, they didn't print (laugh) with the comment. Usually, that's how it should be done.
When I read a printed interview I like to read the reaction. I've seen that a lot in EW. Like :used a sarcastic tone, or, whisper, or laughters, etc.

huh do I make sense??? LOL
Old 11-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

That makes sense. They should have written how she said it like EW or Tv Guide. Much better magazines and they do better interviews IMO. But tabloid gossip is fun when it's harmless.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:57 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothere689 (View Post)
That makes sense. They should have written how she said it like EW or Tv Guide. Much better magazines and they do better interviews IMO. But tabloid gossip is fun when it's harmless.
Yes, I'm almost ashamed to say it (whispers)Tabloid gossip is fun when it's harmless.
I do prefer Life&Style over Star because most of the magazine is used to show pics of how celebrities dressed, it's the perfect bubble bath companion
I wonder if what Star or those kind of mags do are really interviews or just being in a room with a bunch of other reporters that asks questions?

For the record, I still think she should be a bit more careful with the words she used even if it's a joke. Nobody likes to be pinpointed out as someone who dresses like an Easter egg. Then again, some Easter eggs are very pretty...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread